Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelivabru View Post
    Incarnation is really good for this fight. I did some 50 pulls before switching from GG to Incarnation and it went down after a couple tries. Also, try having Bear Tartare (70% inc move speed for a few secs after killing something) and Inky Black Potion (makes it easier to see the floor and all effects on it).

When you're fighting Kruul try to either stay away from him when he's about to jump - so you can move out even before or shortly after, he falls - or stay close to a healing orb so you can heal and disorient him for a few secs immediately after. Once I got used to avoiding being knocked off the platform this is what was killing me most of the times. Taking Bash and having Gift of Radiance from HOV are also things that will help you as these can delay Kruul's mechanics.
    You can also interrupt his jump. While he's jumping, if you desorient him, he will never spawn the fel puddle.

My druid is 904, with a 900 memento, 890 horn of valor, 3 thrash relics, ekowraith chest and elise legs, do I have a good shot at this? :O Or will it still be rough without luffas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cove210 View Post
    My druid is 904, with a 900 memento, 890 horn of valor, 3 thrash relics, ekowraith chest and elise legs, do I have a good shot at this? :O Or will it still be rough without luffas.
    Easily do-able
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Well guys, after 250 tries, just got my skin with the following details:

Item level: 896 (equiped)
    Artifact level: 48
    Thrash Relics: 2
    Legendaries: Luffas/Sephuz

Here's the armory link for reference.

Very satisfying but RNG can get really crazy sometimes.

EDIT: I found the trinket from Tichondrius to be a life saver twice. Using it when 1-2 infernals are receiving extra damage and hitting them with Thrash is basically a full heal.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2017-05-14 at 07:48 AM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Well guys, after 250 tries, just got my skin with the following details:

Item level: 896 (equiped)
    Artifact level: 48
    Thrash Relics: 2
    Legendaries: Luffas/Sephuz

Here's the armory link for reference.

Very satisfying but RNG can get really crazy sometimes.
    Congratulations man. Very cool skin.

So, I don't think anyone's covered this, but if you're trying to straight up kite Kruul (ex. trying to maximize the amount of time you have to bash/typhoon him while he's trying to jump on you), he'll cast an uninterruptible (by Skull Bash) Void Bolt that slows you down by 50-60%. You can't shift out of this debuff. It's basically a death sentence if he does this, since you won't be able to get out of the infernal AoE with that much slowdown.

Hey peeps,

completed the challenge a while ago. thought i'd share a few things.
    Ilvl: 904
    Legendaries: Luffas / Ecowraith
    Trinkets: Horn of Valor / Entwined Elemental Foci (could've done it without this one)
    Talents: 3 3 1 1 2 2 1

Got Luffas only after the second set of nerf for the challenge, did about 60 try without luffas and about 25 with luffas. I've used Horn of Valor because the Versa and the Stat use effect line up pretty neatly with RotS and Incarn. I've stacked versa gear to about 20% dmg+. Probably had to much damage for p1, had to chill a bit and wait for Cooldowns to come of for p2.

Things i thought were most important (mostly for p2):
    - Remember which orb spawned when
    - aim to start p2 with 2 orbs up
    - Do not kite Kruul to much, if you are to far from him he will cast void bolt which slows you significantly and probably will get you killed combined with the stomp
    - Let the Void dudes start their channeling before interrupting them (if you interrupt them earlier they will immediatley start their cast again)
    - Having a timer for his stomp / twisted reflection (plenty of weakauras out there), if you can predict his stomp and interrupt it (stun/ roar) you will have a much easier time
    - keep an eye open for the bars (forget the name) that push you away, they can help you deal with his stomp (or kill you )
    - do not stagger your cd's, i've used incarn/rots/horn/drums/pot a at the same time to do maximum dmg (incarn is long enough to kill to waves of void dudes)

Just my 5 cents, pardon my grammar

Sorry for double post <.<
    Last edited by Vraskah; 2017-05-17 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

so i just got the skin. I was itemlevel 896 equipped without Luffas. I just want to say: dont give up boys - there is hope
    Dont know how many tries, im thinking like 200.

My druid name is Arranor on EU Thrall.
    Video: https: //youtu .be /v3ZbZaxmHJo (not allowed to post the link complete, if a mod can edit this would be nice )

Legs: Ekowraith and Elize
    No Sets.
    Trinkets: 895 Memento + 890 Agi/Haste Statstick

One thing i like to mention is the neck enchant. I felt with Mark of the Hidden Satyr it was way easier. Also Incarnation does the trick for me. Did the first ~ 100 tries with GG and ended up using incarnation instead.
    Last edited by mmoc8fe0624301; 2017-05-15 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arranor View Post
    Hey guys,

so i just got the skin. I was itemlevel 896 equipped without Luffas. I just want to say: dont give up boys - there is hope
    Dont know how many tries, im thinking like 200.

My druid name is Arranor on EU Thrall.
    Video: https: //youtu .be /v3ZbZaxmHJo (not allowed to post the link complete, if a mod can edit this would be nice )

Legs: Ekowraith and Elize
    No Sets.
    Trinkets: 895 Memento + 890 Agi/Haste Statstick

One thing i like to mention is the neck enchant. I felt with Mark of the Hidden Satyr it was way easier. Also Incarnation does the trick for me. Did the first ~ 100 tries with GG and ended up using incarnation instead.
    I too feel incarnation is indeed the best talent to take, especially being in the lower brackets of the ilvl curve. Being able to push that extra damage during phase 2 is extremely vital. Combining Inc with Rage of the Sleeper, potions and Drumbs is godly and can get Kruul down to the last 10% very fast.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you're able to successfully mitigate Annihilate #2 without using a Survival Instincts charge, you may be able to survive #4 as well. If you are lucky and Kruul hits one of the NPCs with Annihilate, that's a HUGE advantage, as you basically get about 20 extra seconds to DPS.

I went from 9% kruul on my best attempt without luffas to 7% first try post luffas. I ran into the new problem of doing so much damage that I was pushing phase 2 way too soon leaving me with no dps cds to use on kruul, I ended up having to draw out phase 1 so that I would only have to survive kruul for 60 seconds before having incarn available so I could pop it with RoTS + Horn + prolonged + drums and then I basically massacred him.

Trinkets were 900 memento 890 horn of valor, legos were luffas and elize. The bracers just make things way way easier. Also I went with bear tartar food buff, inky black potion to help with visuals, agi flask, rune, prolonged pots x2.

Another thing I did as a minor backup was dropping a brazier of awakening on the platform, this is a lootable blue item you can find in tanan jungle, that lasts for like 10 minutes and will rez a dead person as long as they don't release (yourself included) It will in fact rez you if you die on the platform, but be warned it rezzes you with like less than 1% hp so if it is rezzed into a pool or an infernal does a pulse of aoe you will immediately fall over dead again. Just throwing it out as an idea for anyone struggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    P1 has heavy RNG involved and is slightly different for each class so I can't give useful advice outside doing as much damage as possible and hoping drain life happens before add portals spawn so you can LoS Variss towards Velen while resetting stacks, using orbs only to reset stacks afterwards. There's nothing you can do about the RNG except hope for the best.

1. Enter phase 2 with one orb and two or less infernals and do your best to dodge the infernal slams.
    2. Don't waste too much effort dodging the lasers. Get out of the fel puddle asap it easily does the most damage out of anything in P2 outside Annihilate.
    3. Save interrupt for Mark and stuns/orbs to help you get out of puddles and top your health off or stall for defensive cooldown(s).
    4. Eat first Annihilate with no major cooldowns. Use mid-tier cooldown on second. Major for third.
    5. May RNGesus have mercy on your soul. This is easily the worst and buggiest designed of all the Mage Tower challenges.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-05-16 at 04:17 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.