Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Been saying this for years. Do I care that I play a blood elf and he plays a human? not in the least. I care exactly 0% about horde vs alliance.

Pretty sure I'm not alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    The day this happens, is the day i permenatly quit.
    Nobody is saying pvp will die...but the alliance vs horde story has been tired and bad for years now. If you can't see they're forcing it just to force it you're either lacking comprehension of the story or wearing rose colored glasses.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    And how does that in anyway impact what I wrote?

Are they at each others throats because Sylvanas is Undead and Genn is Worgen? Or is it because of a perceived betrayal of Loyalty at the Broken Shore?

I've seen you posting elsewhere and your ability to comprehend is constantly questioned, please savour me the labour of responding to you by reading properly.
    And because of all the shit that happened in Gilneas. The Alliance-Horde stigma has always been there and it will always remain. And not just between Genn and Sylvanas.

Jaina for example may have cooled down but she's still pretty skeptical about the Horde and allowing any Horde races to join the Kirin Tor which in the end is why she said adios to them. There is hostility everywhere. Not saying there aren't peacemakers but there is still a lot of hostility alongside it.

I mean name me one game that has more players than this and has no faction barriers or has broken them. Answer there isn't any. Most of the MMOs that broke them did so for a reason. Because their population was so pitiful. Others that never introduced any didn't because it wouldn't have fit into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not because of race. That is because of a personal grudge or vendetta.

If you want an example of a war because of race you need to look at the Scarlet Crusade. To be honest, there are many examples in the game. The dislike of "green skinned monsters" pretty much ended at Angrathar.
    And? It still created tension between factions. The Alliance and Horde will never find a way to exist peacefully. War is just a necessity at this point. I mean if Blizzard can give a good solid reason for breaking the faction barriers do it. Just make sure it's not some random garbage. A legit solid reason of why Horde and Alliance players can play together. If not then that just indicates the game is bleeding subs.

Also if you are unhappy with how I post feel free to put me on ignore. If not then nobody's fault but your own for reading it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-15 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it.

While it would make sense to truly band up together against the Legion and Old Gods, I don't want to start fracturing the faction identity. It's very important aspect of the game in my opinion.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I disagree, however, I do feel that if they ever wanted to attempt this, they should just make both factions "optional" based on your race. Making everyone, effectually, a mercenary that can choose to fight for their racial faction or not.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And because of all the shit that happened in Gilneas. The Alliance-Horde stigma has always been there and it will always remain. And not just between Genn and Sylvanas.

Jaina for example may have cooled down but she's still pretty skeptical about the Horde and allowing any Horde races to join the Kirin Tor which in the end is why she said adios to them. There is hostility everywhere. Not saying there aren't peacemakers but there is still a lot of hostility alongside it.

- - - Updated - - -

And? It still created tension between factions. The Alliance and Horde will never find a way to exist peacefully. War is just a necessity at this point. I mean if Blizzard can give a good solid reason for breaking the faction barriers do it. Just make sure it's not some random garbage. A legit solid reason of why Horde and Alliance players can play together. If not then that just indicates the game is bleeding subs.

Also if you are unhappy with how I post feel free to put me on ignore. If not then nobody's fault but your own for reading it. Thanks.
    Looks like those people were right, you really do struggle with comprehension.

Never did I say anything about Horde and Alliance not being at war.

Nor did I say they are not hostile.

Nor did I say there was not tension between factions.

Nor did I say they will ever exist peacefully.

Nor did I say I was unhappy with how you post, just that I'd prefer you not waste my time by actually reading what I put in my post rather than responding to something that I didn't post.

Looks like those people were right, you really do struggle with comprehension.

Never did I say anything about Horde and Alliance not being at war.

Nor did I say they are not hostile.

Nor did I say there was not tension between factions.

Nor did I say they will ever exist peacefully.

Nor did I say I was unhappy with how you post, just that I'd prefer you not waste my time by actually reading what I put in my post rather than responding to something that I didn't post.
    Those people? Weird only you are saying it. Seems your issue is more with me here. So until then I'll not respond from now. If you want to actually discuss the topic of what is essentially "should cross faction invites be allowed" then I'm happy too.

As I said no. Not unless they can find a valid reason to remove it. As I said most games that had it and removed it did it due to one thing. Population. WoW doesn't seem to have that issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    We need a defector's quest at lvl 20 where you are approached to do a job against your faction. Once you become "the other side", there is a 25% markup on your faction change should you decide to switch (only defected characters) back to the original faction. Then we get to defect for free, or pay a premium to switch back.

lol @ such stupid suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You know a game is going downhill when your fans/consumer point out ^ is a reason NOT to add a really good feature to it...

Seriously. We all know Blizzard is a company first and wants to make profits but to not add a feature because of a VERY SMALL portion of profits? That's just sad.
    It's not actually a good idea though. You know the opposing factions are at war with each other right? If you want to play with people from horde, you have to be horde. That's one thing that has stayed the same for 14 years and if it changes I will be very confused. Not to mention it has the potential to destroy racial Balance. They are way better than in the past but some races are still stronger than others.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Those people? Weird only you are saying it. Seems your issue is more with me here. So until then I'll not respond from now. If you want to actually discuss the topic of what is essentially "should cross faction invites be allowed" then I'm happy too.

As I said no. Not unless they can find a valid reason to remove it. As I said most games that had it and removed it did it due to one thing. Population. WoW doesn't seem to have that issue.
    I never said they were saying it publicly, nor did I say they were saying it here.

I'm not interested in arguing what your opinion is. You have attempted to refute my observation that the faction war is about loyalty, not race. So far you have done so by providing evidence that it is about loyalty and not race.

No. The factions are opposed to one another. It is part of the lore. Deal with it. If you want to play with whomever go play CoD.

Don't tease us now.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes pls, for gods sake.
    the faction war is getting extremely stupid and nonsensical at this point.
    keep it on pvp servers if you want, but let me play with whoever i want on normal servers.

sadly, it will never happen because the faction change gets them more $$

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    you an me both

Whats up with these good two shoes peace threads.

Sure for a one off event like what we have now, grouping to fight the Legion sure I would understand that. I am totally cool with this idea.

But... to those suggesting Horde and Alliance should forever from this moment on be able to be guided and grouped together and have the Horde to be united in peace with the humans and vise-versa makes me kinda ill.

Orcs v Humans, the foundation to what this game was based on, and even though they might not be fighting all the time, sometimes you gotta have a break from that, when it happens it feels like Warcraft again. Warcraft 1, 2 and even 3 had Orcs v Humans in some merit. more so in 1 and 2

What sold me in Warcraft was the whole alliance v Horde mentality, the fact that both sides are both good and evil and that they are unable to coexist through prejudice

So no that idea is just silly. Taking away the Orcs v Humans or Alliance v Horde mentality away from WoW would be like taking the prejudice away from mutants and humans in X-Men. Its there to represent mainly what Warcraft stands for and was built on, It's what I love about Warcraft. I don't think this game would be interesting if both sides were not having it out at each others throats in some capacity

Sometimes I swear Prince Anduin lives in real life and makes these posts lol.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-04-15 at 05:10 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

No. Just no. If you want to play with your friends, roll characters of the same faction. You can have up to 12 per server and 50 total, for crying out loud. It's really not that hard to have a character to play in each faction.

yeah lets invite the hord leader, so we can all kill those scumbag together and make azeroth ally land !! XD

Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    No. Just no. If you want to play with your friends, roll characters of the same faction. You can have up to 12 per server and 50 total, for crying out loud. It's really not that hard to have a character to play in each faction.
    I'm a Horde main, I got alts on Alliance for this reason but also got invited to a guild on Alliance and raided with them when I had the extra time. I tried to juggle having "two mains" for a while but it was just too tedious to be worthwhile. So as I stop trying too hard my alt becomes gradually shit over time and I just drop out because of it and they know I have a much stronger char to use so they start complaining why don't I just transfer my main. Because I don't fucking want to.

Now maybe I just shouldn't have gotten involved with these people in the first place if I only ever wanted to have alts on Alliance, just to see how the story is different for both factions, and you would be right. However what's done is done and if there wasn't a faction restriction on PvE content when in lore we're supposed to be banding together to stop the big bad existential threat anyway, my problem would go away without any drama except for probably being made fun of for bringing an Orc to the raid every time.