Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    If I am being homest rather well. Though I will admit the atomic bomb did a lot to help that along.
    Would you care to count the wars US alone has crusaded since ww2? What about the rest of the world? I'd say it hasn't worked at all.

Or put it in funnier terms: point out the years of peace US has had since ww2, until today. I doubt you will find many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Democrats were actively calling to treat the random phishing scam as a attack against the nation.
    An attack against our democracy - and it's important to note the distinction. America is historically the beacon of democratic practice and principle, against which other nations are held to account. Our election only works so long as the American people have faith in it. Foreign meddling of any kind threatens the integrity of our democratic process, and I think the howls of protest were so loud because the foreign-favored candidate echoed a message of distrust in our election.

"Rigged election" "massive, coordinated voter fraud" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Would you care to count the wars US alone has crusaded since ww2? What about the rest of the world? I'd say it hasn't worked at all.

Or put it in funnier terms: point out the years of peace US has had since ww2, until today. I doubt you will find many.
    Those are what I would like to see end. We enter those wars with a mindset that ensures defeated and wasted resources. If we do not enter a war to either completely destroy a enemy beyond recovery or to conquer and rule them I don't believe we should be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    An attack against our democracy - and it's important to note the distinction. America is historically the beacon of democratic practice and principle, against which other nations are held to account. Our election only works so long as the American people have faith in it. Foreign meddling of any kind threatens the integrity of our democratic process, and I think the howls of protest were so loud because the foreign-favored candidate echoed a message of distrust in our election.

"Rigged election" "massive, coordinated voter fraud" etc.
    +1 Like

THANK YOU.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Those are what I would like to see end. We enter those wars with a mindset that ensures defeated and wasted resources. If we do not enter a war to either completely destroy a enemy beyond recovery or to conquer and rule them I don't believe we should be there.
    You tried the "search and destroy" with Vietnam. How'd that work out?

North Korea is in a better place now, the Chinese are helping out for once. Sure you can say "all Trump did was leave the North Korea problem to the experts" which is partly true. Trump at least didn't alienate President Xi of China at their meeting which is something.

Trump has assembled a good team, let's hope he does golf and stay out of things.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You tried the "search and destroy" with Vietnam. How'd that work out?
    When I say destroy I am talking about no two stones standing together.

You can only match savagery to beat it. The whole Vietnamese using dead babies as bombs should of shown the level of violence and dedication needed to win the war.

The west really doesn't understand what war is to the rest of the world. It isn't something reserved to armies or even armed combatants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It really says something that the president not completely fucking everything up is now praiseworthy.
    Obama and Bush really didn't leave a high bar...

When I say destroy I am talking about no two stones standing together.

You can only match savagery to beat it. The whole Vietnamese using dead babies as bombs should of shown the level of violence and dedication needed to win the war.

The west really doesn't understand what war is to the rest of the world. It isn't something reserved to armies or even armed combatants.
    And if you match terrorist tactics, do you know how the rest of the world responds to a terrorist nation? Ask Germany and Japan how it went for them. Stoop low to win, and everyone is now against you.

And if you match terrorist tactics, do you know how the rest of the world responds to a terrorist nation? Ask Germany and Japan how it went for them. Stoop low to win, and everyone is now against you.
    Rather well if we are being honest. Are you talking about ww2? If so I think I need some context as I missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Then the fact that Trump lowered it even further is only a stronger condemnation of his presidency.
    Not sure that he has. Granted that is from a individual perspective. It feels like he is just more of the same now. A meddler with no plans to finish anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    If you voted for Trump, was seeing flexibility in him as a candidate what won your vote? Given his changing ideologies on foreign and domestic policy, do you find yourself reassessing your own world-view regarding things like the ACA, NATO, and Syria?
    I'm not an American. You'd have to ask the people in Michigan, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin how they voted. They are the ones that matter since they are the ones flipped from Obama to Trump.

Harder to understand is the supporters who don't abandon him now that he has flip flopped on nearly everything he promised them. For some reason they cling to the idea that he's going to stick to whatever pet issue they cared about, even though Trump has no moral compass or principles. He will betray them, too, they're just in denial about it.
    Promises? You, incorrectly, assume that Trump or his supporters are driven by a rigid ideology. They are not. Trump is highly flexible and he showed it numerous times during the campaign.

People support him on the basis of several principles which include.

- Of Fighting for better trade deals for the United States.
    - To make America Strong again, including bombing the hell out of ISIS ( A MOAB fits so very nicely here )
    - To improve healthcare in America.
    - To improve infrastructure in America.
    - To improve the Tax system.
    - To reduce illegal immigration.

etc.

HOW he accomplishes these things doesn't matter. He could throw his entire support behind Medicare for all and the people who supported and voted for him would still remain on his side.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-04-15 at 08:33 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Rather well if we are being honest. Are you talking about ww2? If so I think I need some context as I missed the point.
    What else? When they stooped to savagery as you want to, they got bombed to dust. That's the fate you want for your country? To be in ruins until xzy time in some future?

What else? When they stooped to savagery as you want to, they got bombed to dust. That's the fate you want for your country? To be in ruins until xzy time in some future?
    Nether of those countries are in ruins... in japan's case the savagery and utter devastation of how the war ended most likely saved more lives then a drawn out war would.

I feel like we are comparing different things. The Germans were not particularly savage in ww2 and even took great pains to not attack cities at the start of the war.

Nether of those countries are in ruins... in japan's case the savagery and utter devastation of how the war ended most likely saved more lives then a drawn out war would.

I feel like we are comparing different things.
    The Germans were not particularly savage in ww2 and even took great pains to not attack cities at the start of the war.
    Because you haven't quite gotten the point yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Germans were not particularly savage in ww2 and even took great pains to not attack cities at the start of the war.
    xD

Maybe in the Western front, but even there they did things like
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradou...Glane_massacre

10+ Year Old Account

I feel like we are comparing different things. The Germans were not particularly savage in ww2 and even took great pains to not attack cities at the start of the war.
    I feel like we haven't learned anything from Spicer's last press conference.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account

Oh ok, keeping meticulous records and being extremely organized in your genocide is "much better"...