2nd Resto Druid vs a Mistweaver

In a healer roster consisting of Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Resto Shaman and Resto Druid, who would be your ideal 5th (backup) healer between a second Resto Druid and a Mistweaver? And why. Part of me says Mistweaver for diversity, but what diversity does a Mistweaver really bring over another Resto Druid?

assuming you are not 8+ mythic level guild you should take the better player. If its 1 player deciding between 2 classes the resto druid is a stronger MW.

10+ Year Old Account
    MW doesn't offer anything unique to the table. There is nothing they bring that another healer doesn't bring. I'd go with the Resto Druid. They have much better HPS and better utility.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7.2.5 may be worth taking into account too

Their raid cooldown is pretty nice for spot burst healing players out of death from incoming unavoidable damage, but that can also be fixed with better healing coordination.

Idk much about healing and raid comps overall; I'd prefer more diversity but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    7.2.5 may be worth taking into account too
    Definitely this if they're changing Resto Druid/Mistweavers at all since we only have, what, like 9 weeks left of 7.2?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

As of right now, resto druid will beat mw monk in most situations - hps, innervate, extra combat resser.

Mw toolkit only excels in situations where people are playing quite sub-optimally, like killing 2 orbs on botanist almost at the same time where the instant healing from Revival can save lives, or if a tank doesn't mitigate well, Life Cocoon will allow more time for healers to top off. This is from a Heroic raiding perspective, where such mistakes are less likely to result in a wipe. In mythic such mistakes have probably much worse consequences.

Hopefully 7.2.5 will bring some nice changes for mw.

there's some argument to be made in favor of taking the class you don't have yet (all else being equal), because who knows what the future will bring in terms of buffs/nerfs, mechanics etc. And generally speaking you should take the more competent player in 99% of circumstances.

buuutttt there's a large amount of functional overlap between rdruid and MW in raids and rdruid has so much going for it structurally (unparalleled mobility, ridiculous raw throughput, strong cooldowns) that there isn't much argument for MW unless they buff it to the sky for Tomb