Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Even real AOTCs are not an indication of skill, Moose runs in WoD were proof of that. It was a mere 40k for a moose run and you got the added perk of flashing your AOTC (and legendary ring which the moose quest help you get) to get into heroic raids despite being 1/10H and that 1 being a carry.

AOTC is pointless on its own. If someone doesn't have 10/10 H but still has AOTC you should assume they bought their run or were carried.

Pugging is always going to be plagued with failures, you should assume every pug sucks until they prove themselves.

This has literally been happening since Achievements were introduced. Wanna join our BT run? Better have the achievement. Don't have the achievement? Download a quick addon that fakes it and profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    sayed the guy with the 897 Ilvl main how can i take you seriously if not even my 4th alt is that bad geared.
    me smiled.

also smile when description of "900+ Curve only" reads "lowdps/fail=kick" and the ilvl min req is 885...

itz alwayz OP to explain btw

i know i shouldnt tell elitist, but r they teh real 1337 if they dont know how to check AVs ez ingame?

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    I believe I need make a new addon to check their achievement in order to kick them.
    I'm a purple/orange parsing player who had 9/10H and seen 1% wipes on Gul'dan for the longest time and got declined from so many runs despite being the top DPS of literally every Gul'dan pug I'd ever joined (despite being a not-so-great class/spec for it: Boomkin). If you truly need AOTC to justify inviting people, you're admitting you're what's wrong with our community. Give people a chance and if they hardcore fail to mechanics or don't pull enough DPS/HPS/can't tank good, kick them. What's so hard about that?

Oh right, effort. That takes effort. CARRY ON THEN.

Seriously though: People who can do mechanics > getting carried on/paying for AOTC. I'd much rather people go back to doing gear only instead of also requiring achievements that tell you nothing about their ability to do the mechanics.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    This has literally been happening since Achievements were introduced. Wanna join our BT run? Better have the achievement. Don't have the achievement? Download a quick addon that fakes it and profit.
    Weren't achievements were introduced in wrath?

Also my favourite thing with fake achievements is when people link someone's own achievement back to them to get in.

Casuals gather ohter Casuals with stuff like "900+ FAST RUN NO NOOB ONLY CURVE" A normal Human would look up logs and inv
    No, only plebs do that for a shitty heroic NH lol. Invite your group, use an addon like Exorsus and check peoples ilvls, someone under what you asked for? Kick. Someone doing too low dps mid run? Kick. Easy.

I believe I need make a new addon to check their achievement in order to kick them.
    ofc they are - if idiots thought up retarded req like have to complete raid before joining it other idiots make addons to counter first one

which is showing how failed design AoTC is in first place - blizzard hsould have rmemoved it long ago .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-04-16 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaylin View Post
    See this? This is what people are talking bout. You are being an elitist and unrealistic. Heroic is 885 to 895, Mythic is 900 to 910.
    i mean this guy just told "a Caveman can get relevant gear" relevant Gear is 905+ (890 HC Gear with x2 940 legos) my main for exaple is 913,88. I do not try to be elitest hes the one who , i dont even pug on my main and my splitraid chars.

Only because I went casual during the start of ToV. I don't have the AotC for the first time so I just ask other guildies to link theirs to get into heroic groups. It usually works because my dps is unquestionable and I keep silent to not raise any alarms towards me.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

7+ Year Old Account
    My raid my rules, no matter how unreasonable. Make your own group and/or make friends if you do not like my demands from a pug.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Weren't achievements were introduced in wrath?

Also my favourite thing with fake achievements is when people link someone's own achievement back to them to get in.
    It was Wrath's pre-patch, so still BC and there were definitely people requiring the achievement for groups, although BT pugs weren't super common. Fake achievements became way more prevalent in ToC and ICC.

i mean this guy just told "a Caveman can get relevant gear" relevant Gear is 905+ (890 HC Gear with x2 940 legos) my main for exaple is 913,88. I do not try to be elitest hes the one who , i dont even pug on my main and my splitraid chars.
    I like how you reiterated my point like it was a defense. "How dare you try to do this raid without full ilvl gear that drops in said raid!"

I'm trying to do both. I'm making a LFG addon. I believe I could generate their armory link which allows you to check their armory in your web browser easier.
    Already a thing.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/armoryquicklink-wod

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    with their guild. the way organized raiding is meant to happen.
    Exactly right. Get past the idea of having to rely on pugs for your progress, and this game becomes far more entertaining very quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dirgamech View Post
    My raid my rules, no matter how unreasonable. Make your own group and/or make friends if you do not like my demands from a pug.
    At least you admit they're unreasonable. It's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    I mean- it doesn't take long to check wow progress...

WoW was designed to be a more casual, friendlier EverQuest.

So- on what hour of release was it ruined exactly?
    Last half of Wrath started to see existing player base become lazy with the introduction of dungeon tool and people depending on addons like Gearscore to do the work for them when forming pugs. It's why the vast majority of ICC pugs failed after Deathbringer. That and the massive ninja looting of the trinket he dropped. LFR then attracted casuals to the game "Come see all the endgame content without ever ever having to put effort into the game ever again!".

So it doesn't matter if it was supposed to be friendlier than Everquest, WoW was not a casual friendly game, like it is today, from release up to at least through Ulduar. It all started going downhill after that. Even "normal" raiders would cry about a raid that took as long as Ulduar did. Even after you had that place on farm it took multiple nights to clear, and the first legit Yogg 0 kill took nearly 3 months to happen. Compared to recent raids where end Mythic bosses are dropping in 2 weeks or less after they're first available.

Want to tell me again how the game hasn't become more casual? Even at the highest level?

10+ Year Old Account
    sayed the guy with the 897 Ilvl main how can i take you seriously if not even my 4th alt is that bad geared.
    I know you intentionally did this as sarcasm, but there are an alarmingly high number of people in the game who legitimately think that way. And it's a bit concerning the influence they have on the community.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go for it. Most of the people making the pugs with the outlandish requirements aren't smart enough to use it, which is why fake achievements work so well.

Even if they have AoTC doesn't mean they didn't pay for it.

People like to come to forums and bitch about how everyone is asking for unrealistic requirements for their PUG raids. Notice the emphasis on their here.

If you don't like it, or can't show up with what is required, why not just make your own pug? Just be sure to know what you're doing first, but everyone here seems to know exactly what happens on Gul'dan HC, even though they have never done it, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Now when you've created your casual friendly pug, with perhaps two who actually got experience on this extremely simple boss, it should be an easy one shot, right?

Good luck. I'll keep requiring 900+ ilvl and AOTC for my pugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    9 out of 10 pug leaders are brainless twats. 900+ ilvl and curve for normal nh seems legit.

i joined a hc pug with my priest alt a week ago. requirements were 900+ilvl and curve. i have curve but ilvl is only 895 so i threw some shit titanforged gear with all wrong secondarys on and got in. when we started i swapped my optimal gear on and we downed first 4 bosses. was in top3 as a dps on each boss except scorp and run was going smoothly. then i got kicked. i asked leader why i was booted and he said that i lacked ilvl he had requested. ok... you cant cure stupid.
    top 3 as spriest with skorp, chrono and spellblade involved? you should of left and stopped carrying people, spriest can't top those fights without everyone else being dead already.