Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelxin View Post
    If you had looked up any of my characters linked below, you'd know I had.
    Sorry but I'm not going to spend my time looking up your WoW characters because you replied to one of my posts. Regardless, the server issues really aren't a big deal. They'll have them fixed in no time. I'll personally be playing ME:A or something else while the servers are down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Sorry but I'm not going to spend my time looking up your WoW characters because you replied to one of my posts. Regardless, the server issues really aren't a big deal. They'll have them fixed in no time. I'll personally be playing ME:A or something else while the servers are down.
    This. Server issues happen. It's a video game.

site seems to back up so time to put pressure on them to do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    so how long left before they come up with some lame PR generated auto excuse on Twitter?
    They've already tweeted that they're working on the problem. Don't know what exactly you're expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Rounding up 20 engineers making $300k/yr each with total job portability, at 2AM Sunday morning, for something like "another DDOS attack," or anything that seems like that, is not going to happen.
    Um why the hell would they be 'rounding' anyone up. All the people who needed to know would have been notified via email/SMS already. And anyone else who need to know that wasn't on the direct 'Service Down' list would have been called.

I only work for a small organisation and I can tell you right now if I get that text message I'm in the car because that's what I get paid to do, make sure the damn services are up and running for our staff.

We had a power failure on Christmas 2 years ago. Our whole IT team was there without even needing to be called. It's just what you do.
    "Sweetie you never made a game you made a shitty piece of interactive fiction and abused wizardchan" Patrick West - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    In my long experience playing this game there has never at any point in this game been something that wasn't totally hated by any measure by most the player base and did not get changed to suit them.
    Then apparently you haven't been playing for more than a day because there is plenty that has been pointed out as being bad for a variety of valid reasons and Blizzard adamantly refuses to change them.

Has Blizz made any statements about what's going on? I don't even see people bitching on the forums about this.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Has Blizz made any statements about what's going on? I don't even see people bitching on the forums about this.
    Their forums were also down, and only recently came back up.

Blizzard has been communicating through Twitter and we SHOULD be getting another update in 12minutes or so since that will be the hour they told us to wait since their last tweet.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

basically all theyve said is "yea, we know"
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    twitter.com/blizzardcs
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post

Blizzard has been communicating through Twitter and we SHOULD be getting another update in 12minutes or so since that will be the hour they told us to wait since their last tweet.
    ok. I wouldn't have known cause I don't use twitter.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I think the Forums are still experiencing some kind of malfunction as I'm getting a lot of "505 Server Error" :/

that's cause you need to log in to post, and logging in seems to be the problem. either that or blizz has totalitarian policing of their forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflixed View Post
    We had a power failure on Christmas 2 years ago. Our whole IT team was there without even needing to be called. It's just what you do.
    This ... 100% this.
    /sig

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That explains all those crashes and shit when I started WoW. I started in 3.3.
    Yeah, IIRC 3.3 was one of the biggest shit shows of a patch launch in recent memory. The servers were crashing for something like 2 weeks afterwards, all kinds of things were broken besides server crashes etc. Still one of the best patches IMO anyway. The new ICC dungeons at the time were really challenging and totally awesome.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosars View Post
    20 engineers making 300k/yr what? What are you even on? where are you even getting this information? You round up 5-10 guys making between 60-150k/yr (depending on responsibility), and they get on it. And yes, it does happen. It doesn't matter if it's a ddos, a server fire, or an atomic bomb. Unless it's something silly like a L3 drop, your guys get there. And they certainly aren't making 300k/yr.
    West Coast SDE2 or equivalent = 200k. Experienced folks who put out fires = 300+k.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    West Coast SDE2 or equivalent = 200k. Experienced folks who put out fires = 300+k.
    I... don't think you know what you're talking about. Back when I was the guy putting out the fires, instead of the guy managing them, I was making 90k. I think you got your job titles and responsibilities WAY messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by kosars View Post
    I... don't think you know what you're talking about. Back when I was the guy putting out the fires, instead of the guy managing them, I was making 90k. I think you got your job titles and responsibilities WAY messed up.
    Yep - the guys sitting at the site, doing second in support are paid mid-range salaries. The rarer, third in support that are at home and on call on Easter Sunday morning - they are the ones that service many many companies and get paid the MEGA bucks. That's the way it works here anyway.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The forums are still down. In their place is a "we'll be back soon" message followed by "The Blizzard family of websites is currently undergoing maintenance to improve your browsing experience. Thank you for your patience!" At the bottom is a link to their twitter account.

If you try to open up the launcher it takes you right to a queue because "it's a busy day for Blizzard." My estimated wait time was 28 hours.

Ehh a few have been caught in the past, but never the whole group. It's usually done by loosely organized groups where one or two members decide to do the attacks (and like idiots brag about it on Twitter...). A few members of Lizard Squad and Poodle Corps have been caught and had action taken against them, for example.
    If people gloat about doing it, on sites like twitter, ofc they'll get caught out eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Translation: Bad planning the previous day/ week. Or maybe Activision is cutting costs again.
    You sound just as stupid as the Aussie guy, there's literally no proof that they have no one there to fix it. Or start working on it. Don't make stupid assumptions.

been an hour since that twitter scrub said we'd get an update, one hour ago? guessing their going to tell us to wait another hour now.