Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A skill you wish you had

We all have our set of proficiencies, subjects that we are knowledgeable about or some physical trait that is uncommon.

Is there a skill that you find fascinating and wish you were adept with? Cooking, coding, a sport, language, some art form, music, etc etc.

For me it would be drawing. I'm terrible at putting my imaginations on paper and have a bit of jealousy of those who do it so easily.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drawing, singing, playing guitar, having it easy to learn a new language, cooking. One or more of these
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

15+ Year Old Account
    Drawing/painting and gymnastic stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Software engineering for sure.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's less wishing I had the ability to do stuff, and more wishing I had ways to motivate myself to do them.

...So I guess the answer would be whatever weird skill normal people have that motivates them into being productive.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps playing the drums or saxophone. I always want to play those instruments but I suck so much at it.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Better ability to strategize - I play games like MTG, and RTSs are my favorite genre. I'm good, but I'm nowhere near 'expert', and it really drives me crazy.
    Better luck - I know people who just coast through life, everything just sort of falls into place for them. I struggle for just about everything.
    Better social skills - Again, I know people who everyone just falls in love with (both romantically and platonically). People like me well enough, but nobody goes out of their way to do things with me or be nice to me, like I do to them.
    Know a coding language - My computer skills are such that I can overqualify for a help desk position, but can't qualify enough to get OUT of help desk. Knowing something like Python, HTML, Java, ANYTHING would help. I've tried, lord knows I've tried...I just can't get the basic gist.
    Know a second or even third language - I have a high aptitude for learning languages. I got a perfect score on the DLAB in the US Military. But they wanted me to learn Persian Farsi or Mandarin Chinese or Arabic, no fuck that. But I scored too high for them to let me take a lesser language. So I never learned. And have no patience to self-teach.
    Athleticism - Let's face it, I have gotten fat since I got out of the Navy. I could run 5 miles a day, no problem. Now, I get winded going up and down stairs, or even walking ~100 feet to the mailbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

To pick stocks with the skill and patience that Warren Buffet has.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I think being able to sing reasonably well would be fun.
    Well only if you want to perform. It really doesn't matter what kind of screecher you are in your shower.

I don't get the same musical enjoyment from singing as I get from playing an instrument.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

If we're talking about learned skills I'd have to say martial arts, including swords. It is graceful and artistic when mastered.

If we're talking about internal physical/physiological traits I'd say insane metabolism, mine is pretty slow and I have to do lots of cardio to lean down.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Meditation. Would be nice to relieve stress easily.

Any kind of formal musical ability; playing guitar, harpsichord, violin, piano, goddamn clarinet. Anything.

I have tried and failed hardcore. The ability to create music is the closest thing to magic I would believe existing.

10+ Year Old Account
    More languages. Can never have enough

Juggling. I don't know why, but I never figured that out.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    More languages. Can never have enough
    I'm hoping to one day learn enough Japanese to not need English subs. Russian language also sounds amazing to me.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drums and piano. Got bass and guitar down ezpz but those other two my hands and limbs just will not cooperate

Musical talent, more precisely piano.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Meditation. Would be nice to relieve stress easily.
    Anybody can meditate. You just have to work at it like a muscle.

Resident Cosplay Progressive