Poll: Will you buy the Necromancer Pack?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    While it certainly would be cool if Blizzard released a free class pack for a game I bought 5 years ago and an expansion that I bought 4 years ago I hardly think them selling additional content is "another straight forward sign of them ripping the fuck off of their customers."
    Necromancer should have been baseline. It's not new, and instead of them releasing a much needed xpac, they released a class they already developed and gouged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wrong.

Its an addon, in a buy to play game. You are not entitled to really anything in a buy to play game. They are spending development time and hours into creating new content in a buy once game, you should be expected to pay for that development time.
    The necro isn't 'new.'
    Keep telling your fanboy self whatever it needs to make gettin' it up the ass more enjoyable and less up the pooper.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably yeah. I'm fairly hyped for the class and I like the look of everything we've seen so far...

but at the end of the day, I know it'll only bring me back to D3 for MAYBE a couple of months, so I can't see myself paying more than £15/20 for it. If they try to ask £30+, I think I'll either wait for a sale, or a bundle or something.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15 euros seems fair, RoS had a lot more content and cost like 30 at launch?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep! Cost is unimportant. Having a blast with it in the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    No, on principle.
    What principle is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    The necro isn't 'new.'
    Keep telling your fanboy self whatever it needs to make gettin' it up the ass more enjoyable and less up the pooper.
    Oh I didn't know I could create and play a necro in Diablo 3 up until this necromancer pack!

How have you been playing it already? Please do tell!

/sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Necromancer should have been baseline. It's not new, and instead of them releasing a much needed xpac, they released a class they already developed and gouged.

- - - Updated - - -

The necro isn't 'new.'
    Then Barbarian isn't since they brought it in as a returning class. Also Wizard is heavily inspired by Sorcerer and Crusader is an off branch of Paladins. Necro is similar to how they brought Barbarian in. New spells while keeping some familiar ones to keep the feel of the class in.

But sure someone who enjoys something you don't is a "fanboy" as you put it. Great logic there.

Also Necro would never have been baseline or expansion. Crusader balances out the game with 2 of each stat user which is why it was introduced in Reaper. I imagine the next introduced one will use Dex or Str as it's main stat. Personally I'm hoping they bring Amazon in as the next Dex user and introducing Javelins as new types of weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

What principle is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I didn't know I could create and play a necro in Diablo 3 up until this necromancer pack!

/sarcasm off
    Tbh mate sounds like someone who want's to throw insults at people for liking something they don't.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-17 at 10:59 PM.

Yes. I am in the necromancer beta and the class as a whole is pretty enjoyable. Also Diablo 3 is still fun for me thanks to seasons. Make a new character get it to cap get a set get as high in GR as you can and than stop for a month or 2 until next season and come back fresh again.

That said if the price is wrong I would considering holding off. For what is currently in in the beta atm which is the necro and 2 stash tabs nothing more than $15 would be acceptable. If they threw in a pet maybe a banner and wings I could see as much as $25 but that would be pushing it. MOBA's sell individual characters and skins for $10-$15 so that is how I gauge what I would pay because I have bought heroes and skins in both LoL and HotS and was mostly happy with the pricing. Ideal I guess would be like $5 but that is unlikely. If it ends up being $30-$40 like some of the angry peeps here are saying I will wait I still like DH, WD and Wizard enough to keep playing them so not having the necro won't stop me from playing d3.

That would require me to be playing Diablo 3.

If I want to play a good ARPG, I can think of at least 3 others off-hand that are at least as interesting.

Eventually I might, but not anytime soon. I want this to be a commercial failure for Blizzard; slam the cash register on their fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Eventually I might, but not anytime soon. I want this to be a commercial failure for Blizzard; slam the cash register on their fingers.
    So they learn the lesson that it's not worth supporting or spending resources on older buy-to-play games?

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    So they learn the lesson that it's not worth supporting or spending resources on older buy-to-play games?
    Yes exactly. I hate Blizzard being so supportive of Diablo 3.

While I havent played d3 for several seasons, I will buy necromancer.

I mainly stopped playing because I found there being nothing new to try. I already knew skills of classes, I already knew what kind of sets there are and which kind of playstyles they allow, I had already tried all the classes and styles I wanted to try. So there was no reason for me to play d3. When necromancer comes out, I got another reason to play d3 for a while. Hopefully the price isnt too high.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Dumbest thing ive heard all day. Poe is a free to play low quality bs. Diablo is far from good. But its miles ahead of po(s)e

go on CoolStoryBob

Necromancer... pack?
    What's in it besides the new class?

Almost certainly, unless the price exceeds what I think I'd get out of it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Necromancer... pack?
    What's in it besides the new class?
    Q: What will we get as part of the Rise of the Necromancer pack?

A: In addition to unlocking the Necromancer as a playable character, players will also receive an in-game pet, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs (on PC), a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and banner sigil.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/203...view-11-4-2016

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Dumbest thing ive heard all day. Poe is a free to play low quality bs. Diablo is far from good. But its miles ahead of po(s)e
    PoE is more like diablo 2, than diablo 3 is and since Diablo 2 >>>>>>>> Diablo 3. therefore Poe > diablo 3. easy logic.

Diablo 3 is just rift simuatlor, 24/7 rift rift rift, where nothing drops until the end boss where you get 50 legendaries, millennial rejoice your effort free, free loot is here.

What principle is that?

- - - Updated - - -

/sarcasm off
    The principle of not supporting clueless devs. The principle of not supporting shameless DLC money grabs in a game that's been killed by devs ignoring legitimate concerns for years.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-04-18 at 02:36 AM.

If its over $5 ($10max) no. Even $10 would be really pushing it since I barely play D3 anymore.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simple Question. Will you buy it?

I will. I will throw my money at the screen the instant it is available.

Poll Inc.

If the price is $20-$40 dollars, its an instant buy. Hell i'd even pay $50 for it but I might hesitate a bit.
    Ain't the price like 6 or 7? I'll buy it as long as it's below 15.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    The priciple of not supporting clueless devs. The priciple of not supporting shameless DLC money grabs in a game that's been killed by devs ignoring legitimate concerns for years.
    Such as?
    ROS fixed a broken, shitty game. I'd hardly call what they did with ROS as "ignoring legitimate concerns".