Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Bullshit. Fly over stormheim and you can see the arrangement of the rock outcrops. Fly over high mountain and you can see the terrain. YOU're blind or trolling if you think these zones look flat. I'm guessing the latter.
    I don't think you grasped the point he was making. They may as well be flat from a gameplay point of view in the sense that you can just fly over them. However what he believed that has do with how nice you find the zones to look aesthetically from up above I do not know.

Flying has just made it faster for me to get my WQs done. After doing these quests over and over dozens of times I just want them completed quickly so I can get on with doing other things. There is absoluely nothing to be gained gameplay wise from running from the same flight to the same WQ area for the 50th plus time.

I've already levelled 4 alts too so I don't need to take my time over repeating the questing content... I'd just like to get through it fast, get to max level and do max level stuff.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2017-04-17 at 10:22 PM.

Yes. And flying should have been made available from day 1 like in all proper previous expansions.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    10x easier to do world quests anyway
    what part of flying made quests 10x easier to do? Is there some sort of Mounted Combat I am unaware of?

Deleted
    Flying is nice because the zones have become tedious. Simple. You have already seen everything there is to see in every zone many times over, so flying makes it less of a chore. I still want flying to be locked until a later patch at the start of an expansion though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Through all those trees?
    besides val'sharah, none of the zones is completely covered with trees.

Formerly known as Arafal

Flying is good, now I can afk in the air while other people do wq for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    Beauty of the zones? With flying every zone might as well be a flat surface like Tanaris.
    You'd think that, but Blizzard has this invaluable tool called "verticallity". It involves using the Z axis to increase or decrease the base level of the ground to be disproportionate from the rest of the ground, causing a vertical increase or decrease in varying areas across the "map" or "zone".

These topographical views (Such views as seen from a FLYING helicopter in real life) are objectively more beautiful from the sky and can't quite be fully grasped from below. Not to say that there are not beautiful things to look at from the ground, but the sky unlocks unquestionable beauty.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only advantage to flying that I've found is that I can tab out to change my music or queue up another youtube video while enroute to WQ more consistently.

The actual game has become an almost instance-like rendition of itself where I just fly from point to point, completing random objectives before flying off.

The change in perspective was refreshing after several months of ground-bound movement, but I hardly noticed it anymore after my initial flyover of the BI.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    what part of flying made quests 10x easier to do? Is there some sort of Mounted Combat I am unaware of?
    What part of 410% movespeed and vertical mobility confuses you?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Or maybe the content and the gameplay itself is fun, but dealing with all the nonsense annoyance of getting to it is a dealbreaker?

I don't know why people try so hard to hate and demonize flying. If you don't like it, don't use it. Stop trying to convince everyone else that the only way to like the game is how YOU like it.
    its not how I like it, thats just how the game is and a part of the game if you dont like it go play something else. Sick of these kind of players that turn world of warcraft in a menu based instanced game.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Bullshit. Fly over stormheim and you can see the arrangement of the rock outcrops. Fly over high mountain and you can see the terrain. YOU're blind or trolling if you think these zones look flat. I'm guessing the latter.
    Or like, metaphor.
    Flight's here and I'm not going to complain about it or not use it, but it's a bit saddening to see players who're more about seeing than experiencing (game environments). And I'm talking about folks who've wanted flight to be accessible day one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I don't have it yet but i definitealt agree - I hate running around mazes doing world quests or quests in general - I want to get to the place I'm su
    And that's another problem entirely. I wouldn't be so personally upset with Blizzard's flying rhetoric if it wasn't for the fact they purposefully seem to make their zones wholly annoying to traverse. I'm not asking for endless expanses of flatness, but Highmountain, Stormheim, Broken Shore, Spires of Arak, Nagrand (WoD) and Gorgrond are frankly a topographical mess.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Nope. Flying makes what is already a small island even smaller. Can appreciate the quicker world quests though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Or like, metaphor.
    Flight's here and I'm not going to complain about it or not use it, but it's a bit saddening to see players who're more about seeing than experiencing (game environments). And I'm talking about folks who've wanted flight to be accessible day one.
    Seeing IS experiencing. They are not somehow unrelated to one another. My EXPERIENCE is to SEE the world from the sky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    Nope. Flying makes what is already a small island even smaller. Can appreciate the quicker world quests though.
    Why do things need to be large and expansive for some players? I understand the idea of immersion, but even Skyrim had a teleportation waypoint system.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Flying is a blessing. I can actually play the game rather than AFK'ing on every flight path for almost half of the time. Also some of the zones look gorgeous from above.
    ... so what are you doing that you consider "playing" when you point your character in a straight line to the next WQ, that you couldn't do while on a flightpath ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    What part of 410% movespeed and vertical mobility confuses you?
    Nothing, except for the fact I still fail to see how any WQ's currently in game become 10x easier with either of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    Beauty of the zones? With flying every zone might as well be a flat surface like Tanaris.
    Yeah, tell that to Val'sharah's megatrees. Or Stormheim's cliffs. Or Highmountain's high mountains... You get the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    besides val'sharah, none of the zones is completely covered with trees.
    I never said all zones had unseeable landscapes with trees everywhere. Its enough to be noticeable though.

So enjoying landscapes is fine and all, but I feel like its over exaggerated by pro-flight people to say "OMG SEE!! See how much more fun and enjoyable I am having due to flight!" Just to "prove" that flight is better for the game when it isn't.

Personally the landscape is much more beautiful from the ground than hovering above everything.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-04-17 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    its not how I like it, thats just how the game is and a part of the game if you dont like it go play something else. Sick of these kind of players that turn world of warcraft in a menu based instanced game.
    I hope you weren't around for TBC though MoP then. Because if you hated flying well.... it's just how the game was and if you didn't like it you should have played something else.