Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    That's ok as I fought them repeatably for the past 8 months.
    should all trash before raid bosses be removed after 8 months too then? hell why have to fight a raid boss more than once at all after you beat it once maybe loot should just get mailed to you every week after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    Beauty of the zones? With flying every zone might as well be a flat surface like Tanaris.
    And quests just a list of boxes in a room in Dalaran.

Flying is the sugar of WoW - sweet and yummy, but just gives you diabetes in the end.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    should all trash before raid bosses be removed after 8 months too then? hell why have to fight a raid boss more than once at all after you beat it once maybe loot should just get mailed to you every week after that.
    I don't really feel there's a reason for me to argue with you about this as I'm kind of in the middle of doing all my WQ's now that I got my next AK level so you can have your opinions and I'll have mine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    @SirCowdog now that we have flying in the game, can you finally put the no-flight / yes-flight / flight blah blah blah to bed and stop bringing it up?
    Unlikely.

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    theres the issue, you were on the verge of subbing for something silly as flying. The game and the content it offers is tedious and you just want to get it over with because you arent having fun. Why dont you find a game you enjoy and want to spend time doing it instead of rushing it through? When you enjoy something you try to make it last not something you want to get over with
    I don't think he's saying he was unsubbing because of no flying, just that he was getting burned out and flying helped alleviate it a bit. Let's not get overzealous and judge people on things they didn't actually say?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    You assume I am not enjoying the expac anymore. Poor assumption on your part. I am still having a blast. I complete everything I need to complete for the day, and then I head to Suramar to RP with other Druids, or get wrapped up in Tinker RP in Ironforge. There is more to do in this game than fly... and I am doing ALL of them
    I didn't make any assumptions in my post. You asked a question: "Did it magnify the amount of fun I'm having in Legion"

And I responded by pointing out, in the form of a question, that there wouldn't be anything left to magnify since getting flight requires you to play everything to get it in the first place.

When flight doesn't actually add anything to the game, it's disingenuous to ask if it magnifies your fun or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And I responded by pointing out, in the form of a question, that there wouldn't be anything left to magnify since getting flight requires you to play everything to get it in the first place.
    It makes it more fun for me to continue to farm to exalted for Legionfall. There's your absolutist statement thrown in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    In a lot of ways, yes. In fact, trash before a boss really doesn't have much purpose to begin with these days. They aren't giving rep, AP, or providing much challenge outside of a gear-check that the boss could do. Other than being a warm-up for the raid group, they serve about as little purpose as trash in the open world: which is to say, almost no purpose at all. Boss fights would be better off incorporating trash into the dynamic of the encounter itself.

The only place in Legion I've seen trash serve a good purpose is in M+, where they become relevant to the race against the timer, and increase the challenge due to the dungeon modifiers for that week.

Maybe blizzard should consider adding something like that to raids and the open world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I'll get it...eventually. Maybe even before the expansion is over.

But it's a low priority item for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    It makes it more fun for me to continue to farm to exalted for Legionfall. There's your absolutist statement thrown in the trash.
    Great! You cut down on the tedium of doing content you've already cleared dozens, if not hundreds, of times. I can literally feel the fun. Much reward, many wow! So flight!

Deleted
    Great! You cut down on the tedium of doing content you've already cleared dozens, if not hundreds, of times. I can literally feel the fun. Much reward, many wow! So flight!
    Good for you. All I can say is that I'm enjoying myself and I find it kinda sad that you cannot. I hope you can find some help with that.

If it makes it more enjoyable for you to detract from other people's fun and project your own misery then at least you're getting enjoyment, right?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    *Shrugs* To each their own, I suppose.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Or maybe the content and the gameplay itself is fun, but dealing with all the nonsense annoyance of getting to it is a dealbreaker?

I don't know why people try so hard to hate and demonize flying. If you don't like it, don't use it. Stop trying to convince everyone else that the only way to like the game is how YOU like it.
    Thats as bad of an argument as antifliers saying "Well they didnt take flying from old zones!"

If you are not flying when flying gets released, you are at an efficiency disadvantage to those that do fly. And efficiency is really at the heart of this. Being able to do WQ quicker, get to friends quicker, get where you want to go in the easiest way you can to accomplish the task.

At least everyone being grounded puts everyone on the same playing field. Not flying when it is available, even if you are an antiflier, is shooting yourself in the foot in terms of getting the work done.

Unnecessary thread for pro fliers to just act like "oh see we're right flying is great for the game!" when it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Unnecessary thread for pro fliers to just act like "oh see we're right flying is great for the game!" when it isn't.
    Sort of like an echochamber yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    what part of flying made quests 10x easier to do? Is there some sort of Mounted Combat I am unaware of?
    Travel time between quests is significantly reduced including making it easier to navigate terrain and avoiding roundabout paths to your destination.

That's a lie and you know it

10+ Year Old Account
    All I do is complete WQs faster. It's not fun like it was in TBC and Wrath, when you actually needed flying to do things.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    All I do is complete WQs faster. It's not fun like it was in TBC and Wrath, when you actually needed flying to do things.
    Chest farming is much easier, flying to rare elites is much faster. gathering is much faster. Let's not pretend questing is the only thing flying improves. It's nice all around. This is coming from a no flying supporter

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, flying is much more fun. Noticed that in WOD too. Wasn't subbed most of the time when flying wasn't available, and started to play a lot more after it became available.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2017-04-18 at 04:49 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!