Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Probably James Bond.

one of the most iconic, for sure, greatest? eeeeeeeeeh, not in my opinion. of course the first 3 belong in the pantheon of "great cinema" but the rest? lot of swings and misses.

I think LoTR has to be one of the greatest/most iconic series, fantasy as a genre still mostly adheres to Tolkien's tropes.

I definitely argue with the fact that The Lord of the Rings is the greatest film series of all time

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Rogue One puts them back on the map, until that they hadn't made a decent movie in over 30 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    It had a big impact on the Sciencefiction genre, that's all.
    Same could be said about Tolkien.
    It's something I miss nowadays (exept for GoT) is those vast and entire worlds which writers create (I'm on about books) to give the feeling it's an entirely different world.
    Tolkien was a master at that and I would love to see more writers expand their universe. Just the main story will get boring for a lot of people (since a lot of the plots have already been seen before but just with a different story) to bring more depth to the overall story.
    Too many movies and franchises are money-grab hungry and don't care about the overarching story. I understand money is involved with those things but where is the love to make a great movie ? Where is the passion to create something unique and not the same rehashed crap we see in theaters nowadays.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Depends on a few things, as a whole, i would say Star Wars franchise would be up there in the top 5 for sure. Things like the Godfather, which as movies are rather shit, as a series still rather shit and have no impact on anything, shouldn't even be mentioned. Something like the Bond films or maybe even Lord of the Rings/Hobbit are sort of bound by their creators, whereas SW has this infinite universe that can be (and is being) tapped into.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I would probably say it's a contender. It depends on what your criteria is.

On the one hand, the series only has two particularly good films to its name.

On the other, the films revolutionized the genre and the field of special effects. As far as shaping the modern film industry goes, a lot of credit has to be thrown to Star Wars.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I guess Rogue One puts them back on the map, until that they hadn't made a decent movie in over 30 years.
    a mediocre movie put them back on the map?

James Bond is probably the greatest. Even at its worst it was still entertaining, does well at the box office, has a huge following and is still being made to this day. Star Wars is certainly up there though. If Star Wars manages to have as long of run and maintain the popularity that Bond has, it could eventually surpass it I think. Sci-fi wise it is far and away the greatest film series.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

It's the biggest money making machine ever for sure. Nobody gives a fuck about 007 when they exit the cinema, but every fucker wants a fake expensive plastic "light saber" or some cheap plastic ridiculous priced Millennium Fulckon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/list/ls006175261/

There's some other nice ones in there.
    That list is sickening to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

Star Wars
    Star Trek
    Harry Potter
    Tolkien
    Narnia
    Marvel film universe as a group
    The Matrix
    Alien
    Oz
    Wonderland
    Hunger Games
    for the most part I like this list, but I'll rearrange it a bit

Firstly, I don't think there is a single greatest series that shines above the rest, but impact wise I'll start with

Star Wars - As I say, star wars has had a great impact and probably one of the most renown, but it's not the greatest in my books.
    Harry Potter - HP has to take a top spot, I don't think any other book series has the factor that adult and child alike can go back and re read it over and over again, it's a rare gem that people my age, hell even the previous two generations will be old and senile and possibly reading to a group of children
    Tolkien - again, its a great book series, a lot of smaller stories and novels, great films, but it doesn't quite capture as braod range as the HP series does
    Marvel - Marvel is great no doubt, but unfourtantly it lacks the literture side of it, and no I'm not including comics in this. That's why I rate it lower
    Star Trek - Star trek is actually my favourite and would be my personal top on this list, It's got the universe, it's got the lore, it just hasn't got the backing other series have. And an alternative universe reboot was a mistake, don't get me wrong I enjoy old and new, but what star trek needed was a boot up the backside and new films or series being in the future, not the past.
    Matrix again has it all, but not a massive backing in comparrison to others
    Hunger Games Great books, movie kinda let it down
    Narnia No comment, but I know its special to some people
    Alien unless the new movie breathes some new life into this one, it's just turning into a cult classic now

We should also give a shout out to Doctor Who and Twilight

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That list is sickening to read.
    Lmao I was looking at it, thinking its not to bad, get part way down

Hotfuzz, at worlds end and shaun of the dead aren't a trilogy,

a random film shoved in the middle before blade, then a load of shite no one has ever heard of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    for the most part I like this list, but I'll rearrange it a bit

Firstly, I don't think there is a single greatest series that shines above the rest, but impact wise I'll start with

Star Wars - As I say, star wars has had a great impact and probably one of the most renown, but it's not the greatest in my books.
    Harry Potter - HP has to take a top spot, I don't think any other book series has the factor that adult and child alike can go back and re read it over and over again, it's a rare gem that people my age, hell even the previous two generations will be old and senile and possibly reading to a group of children
    Tolkien - again, its a great book series, a lot of smaller stories and novels, great films, but it doesn't quite capture as braod range as the HP series does
    Marvel - Marvel is great no doubt, but unfourtantly it lacks the literture side of it, and no I'm not including comics in this. That's why I rate it lower
    Star Trek - Star trek is actually my favourite and would be my personal top on this list, It's got the universe, it's got the lore, it just hasn't got the backing other series have. And an alternative universe reboot was a mistake, don't get me wrong I enjoy old and new, but what star trek needed was a boot up the backside and new films or series being in the future, not the past.
    Matrix again has it all, but not a massive backing in comparrison to others
    Hunger Games Great books, movie kinda let it down
    Narnia No comment, but I know its special to some people
    Alien unless the new movie breathes some new life into this one, it's just turning into a cult classic now

We should also give a shout out to Doctor Who and Twilight

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao I was looking at it, thinking its not to bad, get part way down

Hotfuzz, at worlds end and shaun of the dead aren't a trilogy,

a random film shoved in the middle before blade, then a load of shite no one has ever heard of

Doctor Who is a TV series, not a movie series. It would definitely win for longest running of the group, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.