Should baseline Mythic be made harder?

Seems a bit weird to be getting 865 gear for that little effort. Look at Cathedral of Eternal Night. That was tuned perfectly on release until everyone blamed Blizzard and cried that it was overtuned.

So my question. Should Mythic Dungeons be made harder since they have 865 rewards?

No, the 865 stuff you get in Mythic Dungeon, you can also get from WQ or PVP, so why make them harder?
    The loot is only the price i get for dealing with a lot of pug idiots.

If you want harder do M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seems a bit weird to be getting 865 gear for that little effort. Look at Cathedral of Eternal Night. That was tuned perfectly on release until everyone blamed Blizzard and cried that it was overtuned.

So my question. Should Mythic Dungeons be made harder since they have 865 rewards?
    Yes.

They should be as tough as TBC Heroic dungeons were, where you actually required CC to get past mob packs.

As a side note, since Mop land, what is CC?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, Mythic is middle ground between heroic and mythic+. It still isn't hard, but Blizz no longer hold your hand - you must find group on your own. So when you move to next step, you are comfortable with finding group for more challenging content. Of course I'm talking from new player perspective.

And 865 is nothing in 7.2, you can farm 880 gear pretty quickly. Also 865 is cap for world quests now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone do them if they were harder and only gave you 865+ gear?
    I can farm mobs on Broken Shore for 20min and buy a 880+ item for zero effort. Which also has a chance of proc as legendary.
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yes.

They should be as tough as TBC Heroic dungeons were, where you actually required CC to get past mob packs.

It died in cataclysm when they tried to bring it back and people couldn't handle it. Mythic would have been the perfect place to bring it back actually, with it requiring non-random groups.

No. It's ok to outgrow dungeons. The infinite scaling of M+ dungeons is more than sufficient for challenge.

Deleted
    You can get 865 on EN HC that is a faceroll since launch. Actual mythics are harder than EN HC by far (granted you do both on 840~ ilvl, on more ilvl is just a faceroll).

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Come on, they are tossing 865 gear at you from all over.
    It fits well for mythic without a key, in my opinion.

Is this really an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yes.

You use it to skip packs to hit the timer faster, of course. Mostly as rogue/DH since it doesn't put you in combat.