10+ Year Old Account

Voting machines stolen ahead of Georgia special election

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...lection-report

Voting machines were reported stolen a day before Georgia’s special congressional election, according to a new report.

The equipment was stolen last Saturday evening from a Cobb County precinct manager’s vehicle, Channel 2 Action News said Monday. He did not immediately report the theft.

“It is unacceptable that the Cobb County Elections Office waited two days to notify my office of this theft,” Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp said in a statement.

“We have opened an investigation, and we are taking steps to ensure that it has no effect on the election tomorrow. I am confident that the results will not be compromised.”

Action News said the four so-called ExpressPoll machines taken are computers poll workers use for checking-in voters and checking off those who cast ballots.

Cobb County Elections Director Janine Eveler said information on the machines is “hard to access,” adding that they cannot be used to fraudulently vote in Tuesday’s election.

Eveler said Cobb County will replace the devices at its Piedmont Road precinct before voters cast their ballots.

Voters head to the polls Tuesday for a special election to fill the House seat vacated by Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price.

Price, a Republican, won his seat in 2016 in the conservative district by more than 20 points before joining the administration.

Democrats are casting the race as a referendum on Trump and his administration’s policies, with the party hoping to turn the reliably-red Georgia blue this year.

Georgia is holding an all-party special election in which any candidate can win the seat outright by receiving more than 50 percent of the vote on Tuesday.

If no candidate reaches that threshold, there will be a runoff between the top two finishers in June.

Jon Ossoff is the clear Democratic favorite in Georgia, with some experts believing Tuesday is his best chance at winning should voters fail to coalesce around one Republican in a crowded field.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And this is news worthy why? So what if a democrat wins the vacant seat.? The GOP will still hold a strong majority. The real election to look forward to is the mid terms ones in 2018. That is the one the democrats have a chance to make some real progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And this is news worthy why? So what if a democrat wins the vacant seat.? The GOP will still hold a strong majority. The real election to look forward to is the mid terms ones in 2018. That is the one the democrats have a chance to make some real progress.
    It's crazy how much money they are pouring into this election.

I bet CCTV can find a car with a Russian license plate, parked somewhere close, gathering intel, a couple days prior to it happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is news worthy why?
    Why is it newsworthy that a voting booth was stolen prior to an election, and only reported yesterday? Is that what you're asking?
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Why is it newsworthy that a voting booth was stolen prior to an election, and only reported yesterday? Is that what you're asking?
    They said the issue would be fixed before the election. All this does is attract a bunch of theorist on which party did the stealing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah like they did in the General election. They seem to think money is the answer to winning votes. lol! This election, if won by the democrats would not be one to get excited about.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said the issue would be fixed before the election. All this does is attract a bunch of theorist on which party did the stealing.
    That's plenty newsworthy, as there's a greater debate about interference in elections going on at the national level. Public awareness is at a higher point, so why not discuss it?
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's great they are "pouring" money into the economy don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    That's plenty newsworthy, as there's a greater debate about interference in elections going on at the national level. Public awareness is at a higher point, so why not discuss it?
    I can not close this thread. lol. And we are discussing it. But it is not as big a deal the media will try to make it out to be. I hope they catch the thief.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can not close this thread. lol. And we are discussing it. But it is not as big a deal the media will try to make it out to be. I hope they catch the thief.
    Why do you want to close my tread :'(

omg.... you're the thief!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Why do you want to close my tread :'(

omg.... you're the thief!
    Hehe. Relax. I wouldn't even if I had to authority to.