Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Also I know he's just looking to waste my time as usual.
    I don't doubt it... with what has been happening at town halls and even China making fun of him for it, it's pretty egregious to respond with 'what has he reneged on'... have you been living under a rock? It's not just liberals, even Ann Coulter took shots at him for it. Most sources seemed to have moved on from it and are talking about who's influence is leading to the change of heart in the Kushner v Banon conflict.

Denying that you know of his reneging doesn't mean you are in a conservative or liberal bubble, after last week, you simply don't read or follow any news at all.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Denying that you know of his reneging doesn't mean you are in a conservative or liberal bubble, after last week, you simply don't read or follow any news at all.
    It's called the "I don't want to admit I was tricked into liking and voting for a con man who conned me for my vote even after everyone told me he was a con man" bubble.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I didn't say they were...

Yes, the issue is when it got approved.

No shit no travel is involved. Chinese government approved the trademark.

On the 6th...

The article is not reporting the date where China's approval happened, but where the article originated from. For the same reason why a Chines paper, wouldn't put US time on theirs.

The article is reporting that it was signed on the same date. The time right now is irrelevant, you are not showing the discrepancy in the time of the trademarks being approved. It's 8 pm now in PST, what does that have to do with anything?

Dinner time? What time are they reporting on both the dinner and the trademarks passing. You are hinting this on how you define dinner, not actual time.

That article confirms that the trademarks happened the same day, but that the media is sensationalizing it. Not only do you now disagree with the OP, you now disagree with Chines government. You don't have to keep looking for those trademarks, because you just linked an article of China saying they did issue the trademarks. The title of your link is:

China says granting Ivanka Trump trademarks was unrelated to her dinner with President Xi

So, yeah... keep looking for those trademarks... China isn't denying granting them nor the date reported by the article... why would you even link more evidence of you being wrong? What compels you to do this?

You keep saying it was signed during or after dinner, I am saying before dinner. The articles all most certainly are talking about the date on which China approved them when they say both actions occurred on the same day.

Because again, the question you keep failing to answer is while Ivanka and President Xi were having dinner do you really think someone was in the Chinese Trademark office at 6:30ish am their time on the 7th to approve the applications while it was dinner time on the 6th in Florida?

Because before dinner is the only time that it could be signed OVER IN China AND still be the 6th there. Because as you just stated, and agree with finally, the Chinese stated they were signed on the 6th. In order for that to be true, it was early morning on the 6th in Florida (or possibly late night of the 5th).

I have never said they weren't approved, just they were approved before the dinner occurred. And you keep arguing that I am wrong. My story has remained consistent and the links I provide back that assertion, not your's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    All just a massive coincidence I'm sure.

Butteremails...

I don't think anyone here is alleging that the deal came into existence over the actual dinner table.

When did Trump begin softening his policy on China? Behind closed doors in particular.

Felya most certainly is.
    Last edited by alexkeren; 2017-04-20 at 04:26 AM.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The critics do not think the millions Bill Clinton made from his speeches had anything to with him being President? Or the millions Obama will make for the same thing and books? I mean surely the fact Bill and Hillary Clinton made millions for the Clinton foundation and their fortune now, had nothing to do with them taking advantage of using their political careers. :P
    even you have to admit their is a different getting over payed for speeches after being in office (like most high profile politicans on both parties(, and being bribed...err gifted while in office are two different things, specifically when the Trumps go out of their was to monetize the office of the president

- - - Updated - - -

You want him to list everything that Trump reneged on? Can I just do last week and list Syria, Saudi Arabia and UN?
    dont' forget china being a currency manipulation

I don't think he realizes that before or after dinner is irrelevant. Even his article is saying "China" confirmed that it happened on the 6th, not that it would be the 7th. The issue of conflict of interest doesn't change if the trademark's approval happened before or after the meeting, but the timing of it being the same day.

It's like he is trying to argue that Ivanka wasn't paid off with these trademarks during the meeting, but without anyone actually arguing that she was. It's showing the conflict of interest that occurs when your personal interest and your political interest have coincidence such as this. It raises questions, not poses accusations.

The articles most certainly try to make it sound like the reverse is the conflict of interest.

The only way it is an issue for her is if she bribed them for approval. They can't pay her off.

You're seriously confused about geography, multinational companies and working with multiple governments.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    You keep saying it was signed during or after dinner, I am saying before dinner. The articles all most certainly are talking about the date on which China approved them when they say both actions occurred on the same day.
    Quote me saying it.

Because again, the question you keep failing to answer is while Ivanka and President Xi were having dinner do you really think someone was in the Chinese Trademark office at 6:30ish am their time on the 7th to approve the applications while it was dinner time on the 6th in Florida?
    It was signed the same day, why does this mater?

Because before dinner is the only time that it could be signed OVER IN China AND still be the 6th there. Because as you just stated, and agree with finally, the Chinese stated they were signed on the 6th. In order for that to be true, it was early morning on the 6th in Florida (or possibly late night of the 5th).
    WTF it was signed the same day. No one is arguing if it was signed before or after, but you. No one else seems to think it makes any difference. Not I, nor the articles...

I have never said they weren't approved, just they were approved before the dinner occurred. And you keep arguing that I am wrong. My story has remained consistent and the links I provide back that assertion, not your's.
    Want me to quote you saying you cannot even find those trademarks?

Felya most certainly is.
    Quote me...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    The articles most certainly try to make it sound like the reverse is the conflict of interest.

The only way it is an issue for her is if she bribed them for approval. They can't pay her off.

You're seriously confused about geography, multinational companies and working with multiple governments.
    WTF does reverse conflict of interest mean? Who is accusing her of bribing or being bribed? The conflict of interest does not mean a bribe.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi