Earthquake Macro?

Is it possible to make a macro that causes EQ to be cast on a target rather than use the rectile?

Alternatively, does anyone have much experience using a mouse over macro with Chain Lightning?

I tend to keep clunky moving from CL to EQ and I'm trying to figure how other people smooth it out.

Thanks in advance!

As far as I'm aware, any skill that uses a reticle to be cast can only be cast @cursor or @Player, not @Target nor @mouseover.

For the chain lightning, I assume you're looking for the following?
    #showtooltip
    /cast @mouseover] Chain Lightning

That's pretty much the simplest mouseover you can have, while being able to read the tooltip (granted, I dont foresee the need to ever really look at the tooltip). I'm sure there's ones out there that are 10x longer adding modifiers about whether the target is dead or friendly... But you can't CL a friendly or dead target, so it always feels superfluous to me.

Thanks for your response.

Does the cursor function basically work like the mouse over macro for target abilities (except without the need to hover over a target)?

Seems like maybe the moist effect setup would be to use that in conjunction with the CL mouse over macro.

What kind of set up do you use to swap between them? Again, I'm relatively new to ele and my set up just feels inefficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoface View Post

Does the cursor function basically work like the mouse over macro for target abilities (except without the need to hover over a target)?
    Yes, @cursor functions the same as @mouseover for ground-targeted effects (i.e. it casts them where your mouse is pointing).

Seems like maybe the moist effect setup would be to use that in conjunction with the CL mouse over macro.

What kind of set up do you use to swap between them? Again, I'm relatively new to ele and my set up just feels inefficient.
    I'm not sure what you mean by moist effect setup, especially in conjunction with CL. =\

Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by moist effect setup, especially in conjunction with CL. =\
    *most efficient

Foiled by typing on my phone.

*most efficient

Foiled by typing on my phone.
    ooooh, lol. I was like "what on earth is this moist setup?"

Is it possible to make a macro that causes EQ to be cast on a target rather than use the rectile?

Alternatively, does anyone have much experience using a mouse over macro with Chain Lightning?

I tend to keep clunky moving from CL to EQ and I'm trying to figure how other people smooth it out.

Thanks in advance!
    for the CL macro,
    /cast [@mouseover] [] Chain Lightning
    this should cast at your mo, and if one does not exist the spell will function normally (at your target)

Thanks for all the responses.

I ended up using the macro Tpyo gave for CL, it works really well especially since it will cast on your targeted mob if you cursor isn't over anyone. I actually ended up making a mouse over macro like this for all of my damaging spells.

For EQ I used, /cast [(at*)cursor] Earthquake (*the forums won't let me use an "at" sign yet... too new).

I keybound CL to shift 3 and EQ to shift 4. I pugged a normal Nighthold to try it out and it worked really well. There is still some operator error to work out (I may or may not have cast EW at my feet a bunch of times by mistake), but overall it feels very natural.

Like I mentioned, I made mouseover macros for all ff my damaging spells. If you are someone who has been on the fence about playing around with macros like this (as I was), I would wholeheartedly recommend it. It really changes the game when it comes to how fluidly you can deal with groups of mobs.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me out!