Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    What's wrong with automation? It's a good thing. At least in this context, you can make the choice not to use it. I don't see how you can blame this addon. Sure, some leeching will happen. It's inevitable, that at some point while doing something you will be interrupted. But even if you were doing the WQ solo, the amount of time would be the same.

I'd actually queue the group up for the Magic of Flight quests, even though I'd've already started them. Sometimes someone else would get there first and I'd get credit, other times I'd get there first and they'd get credit. Either way, why not pay it forward?

I really don't see the problem of shared credit. If the possibility of leeching bothers you so much, you can simply not use the addon or leave the group when someone else is leeching.

Honestly, I'm so thankful for this addon because before multitagging mobs, it was pulling teeth to even get someone to group who was doing the same quests you were.

I've also made friends and interacted with other players more because, guess what, we're all working towards a common goal.

On a side note, what if my enjoyment is maximizing my efficiency?
    I don't really care about leeching. I care that such addons support hopping. I care that they suddenly become mandatory if you even want to get in a group, because they fill super fast (almost as if they were filled by a machine!). I care because I know that Blizzard does want to keep you out in the world for a meaningful amount of time, and they'll do it by limiting flying or by prolonging grinds when they could achieve it by restricting this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    That's why I just go solo for all my world quests,I'm all for group play but it's been a leechfest since day one,and world quests are trivial anyways
    So having leeches makes no difference to you anyway, might as well let them leech off you soloing the WQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    If people afk as often as the OP says, no, it isn't faster. Silly goose.
    At worst it's the same speed, at best it's faster. Seems like a pretty good idea with no downsides.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    who groups for world quests??
    People still do world quests? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    People still do world quests? Why?
    AP, rep and honor levels. Also occasional relics/trinkets in hope of titanforging bullshit.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.
    Someone cares about this? If you don't like it just avoid the finder and do them near your own faction. You don't get credit for collection but whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    So having leeches makes no difference to you anyway, might as well let them leech off you soloing the WQ.
    Exactly ... I don't give a piss out my ass about this. It's awesome if people get busy but it's not like I can't do them on my own. If they want to sit around smoking a bowl or polishing their bishops, not a big deal to me.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    This behavior does not affect you in any way shape or form. Not that I condone it, but still, that person on his mount doesn't affect you AT ALL. Just suck it up and move on, you would have killed X creatures anyways. How does 1 person sitting on their mount hurt you?
    By taking up a spot in the group which could be filled by someone helping you. I seriously hate the realm hoppers who abuse the group finder this way because often my group fills up with them and I have to sit there actively kicking them in order to make space for people who actually want to do the quest.

Sadly world quests are not really fun, can't blame people for trying to avoid parts of the game they don't like to focus on what they want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    WQs are not the problem. leechers are not the problem.

"stupid ppls" is the problem.

these here are problems, and they all come from the same source, stupid humans:

- stupid ppl that dont check other ppls are leeching and therefore dont kick them
    - stupid ppl in LFR that dont check the afks and vote them out
    - stupid ppl that cried for piss easy brain afk mass aoe stuff
    - stupid ppl that cried for matchmaking tools
    - stupid blizzard ppl that listened to stupid ppls and gave em that shit
    - stupid blizzard ppl that introduced all that shit without thinking about long term consequences
    - stupid ppls that pay for that crap and supporting this stupidty

listen: the most problematic thing is shortsightedness (now lets call it SS). its a chain. activision's share holders want good quarter numbers, instead long term investment (SS), bc "rapid market changes today, bla blah". therefore blizzard develop a direct game design, that supports short term involvement and getting most out of it, with least costs (aka cost efficient) -> next SS. blizz then sell that crap to ppl and they pay for it, bc ppl believe marketing crap and dont realize consequences of supporting that shit, bc SS. again. this all creates a spiral of SS that holds itself alive. and therefore you have all that crap.

lets look what could be happened instead:

shareholders invest long term in loyal customers and stable money. therefore blizz has to design a game with focus on quality. so they think about consequences for what they do and come to the conclusion that, if they support "getting all now" (giev epixx 4free), lazyness via instant queing, LFR, nochallenge, crossrealm etc., then they create a toxxic community at some point so lazy and derailed that the game become bad and ppl start leaving (most of it, after 2-3 months). or in short: if they think about the consequences for what they do, they realize that they help killing their own game slowly. and if you "train" ppl to do that and to acceppt that, you become a customer base that slowly killing itself. so, when you realize the consequences, you start acting against. the result will be higher quality, better game design. rules. and a game made in such a way, ppl start again to be trained to be "nice", to not let them hide behind game systems, to gave em a need to work together, to gave em a reason play as a group and not as a douche bag. then you train ppl to behave social. and the result is a better community and therefore a better game. and ppl pay for good stuff.

so, why we dont have that situation? easy: because ppl are stupid. and help to improve stupidity by their own stupidness.

TL;DR

its all about a consequences spiral. about HOW you (a company) want get money. about HOW the world (of warcraft) is designed by the ppl they live in (we, the players). its all about shortsightness and mostly ends (after sherlock thinking step by step) in

"its all about stupid ppl".

and stupid ppl is good for making money. thats the solely reason why things are like they are. simple as that.

as a simple exampl look at exactly that post here. 80% of ppl will not read it. too long. too lazy. and the ones they do, another 50% dont even get it. instead, the 80% ppl read the first few posts on the main site, click "reply" on some of em, and type in a twitter-long message, just to get the good feel of "i told my oppinion too". that was it. 80% of this forum is based on that mechanic.

so...
    or - maybe people are just sane and dont ive any f.... abut artificial non existent issues ?

nah that would be to crazy

Deleted
    I don't use the addon except for 5man groups if I know that I cannot handle the rare on my own or want to get done faster. Simple solution.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    Speed isn't what they're concerned about. It's limited in other ways. They've also started designing WQs now that aren't group friendly.
    Well, I was not a fan of the MoP dailies (early Golden Lotus in particular) where a group had an enormous advantage over some poor sap (usually me) playing solo at some weird hour like 2AM Pacific. So I sort of see where this is coming from.

Groups will still have an advantage of course, but to make that advantage proportional to or greater than proportional to group size, is not always the most awesome thing.

Deleted
    I loved it when WQGroupfinder addon added the button to kick players who were too far away. I just hope something similiar will be done to those not helping with the WQ.

I really have a aversion to players just being afkish while you complete the content. Hopefully the addon maker to WQgroupfinder finds a solution, but the only solution i can think of is that it logs how long a player is on a flying mount and if its over 20 seconds they kick that person. But thats an added process.

Blizzard could probably implement a similiar system.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think some people want to make it seem like this happens a lot more often than it actually does
    Ok, I finally gotta say: this reminds me very much of any talk about healthcare, social security etc.

There's a system of people helping each other, it works for many, there is of course, thanks to human nature, a certain abuse, but that is far outweighed by the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Ok, I finally gotta say: this reminds me very much of any talk about healthcare, social security etc.

There's a system of people helping each other, it works for many, there is of course, thanks to human nature, a certain abuse, but that is far outweighed by the benefits.
    It's the classic economic "Tragedy of the Commons." There will always be people who don't pick up their dog turds. Basically, you have to live with it, because the cost of policing people who don't participate is almost always greater than putting up with them. And when the cost is too high, in general, the most appropriate solution is to shut down the commons, which bones everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

- - - Updated - - -

At worst it's the same speed, at best it's faster. Seems like a pretty good idea with no downsides.
    Then why complain? (Not you, but anyone). If you want to enjoy completing WQ's 30 secs earlier (which are used anyway by you searching a group on group finder), then don't complain about ppl leeching from you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never minded this kind of stuff. I enjoy playing. It sounds incredibly boring to make progress through leeching. I'd rather not log in than have to pay enough attention to be a leech.

If I'm playing, I gotta play, so what do I care about someone else. Leeching is less toxic than griefing.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I think Blizzard should actually do something similar to what Trion did with Rift's rifts - and their own Garrison invasions. Your performance or contribution got a bronze/silver/gold medal, giving you higher chances at better loot. Just sitting there on your mount will give you the bronze/base reward, but if you have high activity (not necessarily numerical performance) you get better stuff.

I wish the whole game was like this, including LFR bosses. I see that AFK 98% auto shot damage hunter get the legendary too many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    who groups for world quests??
    you would be surprised.
    just try and see how many groups appear when you click the little green eye thing near the WQ.
    honestly I do that most of the time, it's incredibly fast do WQs in group

For the first time I used WQ Group Finder addon and its amazing for speeding up WQs that require kills and not loot. And I noticed almost every druid is afk leacher, got into 5 groups and 4 of them had leaching druids in flying form. Once got into group with two afking druids. Ofc theres also other people afking on mounts but if I see druid in party its around 80% chance he just afk
    Does shapeshifters are really that lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    For the first time I used WQ Group Finder addon and its amazing for speeding up WQs that require kills and not loot. And I noticed almost every druid is afk leacher, got into 5 groups and 4 of them had leaching druids in flying form. Once got into group with two afking druids. Ofc theres also other people afking on mounts but if I see druid in party its around 80% chance he just afk
    Does shapeshifters are really that lazy?
    It used to be most druids joining auto-invite groups were herbing bots, usually in suramar or stormheim. Few of the herbing bots were dhs or dks (as they start at higher level), but majority were druids due to travel form. I think now that herb prices tanked due to flying and few bot banwaves happened, they're a bit less common, but few months ago you could join a 40 man raid for a world boss and half of the group members would be bots programmed to auto-join groups and server hop.

Can't we get rid of world/daily quests? who likes doing the same boring quests every day seriously?