Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Notice Haunt got buffed as well. The three choices in the lvl 15 talents are much better balanced. Haunt for priority add burst, wia for council fights, MG for single target. The overall damage of all specs will be handled at the end of the 7.2.5 ptr cycle. Relax friend

- - - Updated - - -

Was going to post the same. It shifts damage from imps to the caster, which helps on AOE and isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Actually incorrect. Writhe in Agony is going to pull ahead of Effigy in Single Target and Cleave. Haunt is going to be useless because it costs a soul shard that i would rather use on a spell that actually scales with our artifact traits, Reap Souls, and Mastery so it doesn't even outburst Unstable Affliction. As far as the actual damage buff to Haunt goes, Writhe in Agony with Effigy will outclass it and doesn't cost extra shards.

Looks like I made the right decision to use my time and money in World of Warcraft to add funds to my account and invest in other stuff since they clearly don't want me playing this game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    By the time tomb opens (7-8 weeks) you'll have your AK high enough that half the WQ on your map would fill your entire destro weapon from scratch.

Just wait and once the patch is actually out, you can respec and fill any of the weapons for practically nothing.

Edit: We will be at 5.2m% ap gain when the patch hits, roughly.
    Except classes/specs that didn't switch because of the buff/nerf rollercoaster will just permanently be ahead (at current AK cap), assuming equal play time.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaand now I'm back to not knowing where to spend my AP. Great. Might as well flip a coin at this point.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Except classes/specs that didn't switch because of the buff/nerf rollercoaster will just permanently be ahead (at current AK cap), assuming equal play time.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaand now I'm back to not knowing where to spend my AP. Great. Might as well flip a coin at this point.
    This is exactly why I'm considering changing to my ele shaman or spriest. Just need to invest in one spec, and in the case of my shaman, I hit the legendary jackpot.

On my lock I don't know if I should keep investing in aff for AP, or to keep trying for a second good legendary, or if I should start dumping points into destro and change my loot spec hoping for something good by 7.2.5

Deleted
    Rip boys.

Soul Conduit nerfed, Fatal Echoes Fixed, Malefic Grasp Nerfed. Loss of T19 set bonus getting nothing at all.
    I can safely assume we'll bne unviable.

If theorycrafters are correct and BiS is going to be 2/4 T19 + 4/4 T20 we also lose 10% shard regen from head. This basically means we'll never see Unstable Affliction on our targets.

Owell, just play Demo, looks like it's gonna be the new thing.

It's almost like they want people to play the "new" Destro :thinking:

On a serious note. Aff is still way too OP. It's essentially a Turret spec that gains tremendously from add spawns which boost its damage for ST through the roof.

I'm cool with it. Hopefully they buff our dots which I think they plan on doing.

MG Conduit is the noob build and the build that gets all the hate for being op when in reality WIA and Effigy overtakes it in dps at a really high ilvl it just takes a lot more skill to play. All the fotm aff locks who ran mg conduit and don't know how to play anything else will be pissed but the good locks who know other builds won't be effected much and may actually get buffs out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a typical Blizzard fashion, they first gave a series of heavy nerfs to affliction (40% nerf to Soul Conduit + 50% nerf to Fatal Echoes during Reap) which already would have left affliction weakish in single-target fights but still ok overall... and then, for good measure, they applied a huge nerf to Malefic Grasp as well, making sure that affliction will be reduced to a nearly useless niche spec for the next few patches. Very low single target, long ramp-up, and weak multi-dotting combined means that the spec will be dead for anything except Scorpyron padding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Malefic Grasp While channeling Drain Soul, your damage over time effects deal 40% increased damage to the target. Affliction Warlock - Level 15 Talent.

From 70 to 40%.

ouch
    Stop ! A nerf means the spec is too powerful on PTR compared to others classes specs. Maybe because of the T20 set or something else.

IT'S A BALANCE !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Affliction cannot compete to anything in current ptr build. And without ~20+% damage buff to ALL dots it will return to it's 7.0.3 state. Just checked ptr. I lost about 300-350k dps single target. And we can say for certain that 20+% buff to all dots will not happen. As of now affliction is back to 0 burst, 0 execute, and infinity ramp up without doing any meaningful damage.

Typically while they shift damage they do it immideately. But we will see. My expectations is that they will make affliction unplayable in 7.2.5 once again because as of now affliction only have great ST damage and they just removed it in this ptr build alongside with other nerfs like SC nerf (It's once again funny to see how trigger happy they are when it comes to balance warlocks: nerf/buff something by 30-50% in one build and leave it for 3+ months then repeat with other spells while ignoring all meaningful feedback).

"It's only early 7.2.5 ptr, things will change in next builds"
    No they didnt. They nerfed mages and hunters in 7.1.5 and ghave them a 20% buff later.

Deleted
    You change loot spec to destro or demo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    This is exactly why I'm considering changing to my ele shaman or spriest. Just need to invest in one spec, and in the case of my shaman, I hit the legendary jackpot.

On my lock I don't know if I should keep investing in aff for AP, or to keep trying for a second good legendary, or if I should start dumping points into destro and change my loot spec hoping for something good by 7.2.5
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#boss=1863

Have fun. Elemental and Shadow are much weaker at single target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Stop ! A nerf means the spec is too powerful on PTR compared to others classes specs. Maybe because of the T20 set or something else.

IT'S A BALANCE !
    There is no tuning yet.

IT'S A BALANCE !
    Which is highly subjective in itself. Blizzard might feel a spec is too powerful for all the wrong reasons.

The have been caught in this trap before where they nerf to guts out of X because of ability/effect/situation Y (a good example of this very situation is with the haunt changes).

Simply putting it as Blizzard did it so it must be true is ignorant and not actually helpful at all to the discussions at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    There is no tuning yet.
    Debatable. Since there are changing the damage mechanics so far so this in itself is technically a tuning pass.

To quote Blizzard: "please give us any feedback you can on what you see." This is not a case of wait around until a week before 7.2.5 release because it will be too late by then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    Well, at least I got to be competitive for half a raid tier.
    Nerfs were in queue for you just like they were for us S2M priests earlier =)

welcome to nerf club. Now enjoy sub-par bottom 5 DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#boss=1863

Have fun. Elemental and Shadow are much weaker at single target.
    Ehm, much weaker? Elemental is 1,39% behind on your link and spriest is 1,51% behind according to your link, wouldnt exactly call that "much weaker".

I see it that they have 2 samples for Affliction right now. 1 with the fatal echoes fox which is live atm (huge sample) and the current PTR changes. I would hope they deal with MG in a "nerf it severely first, then bring it up to acceptable levels " I would hope for a 50-55% MG eventually. So that the other talents in that tree become somewhat relevant.

Deleted

IT'S A BALANCE !
    HAHA! You should do standup!

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who wasn't expecting an Affliction nerf was in a dreamworld..

the part that irritates me is the soul conduit nerf; they can do whatever they want with the first row of talents and solve it with tuning, I just want a useful alternative to having to play effigy on ST/cleave

it was fun for one patch at least.. back to being trash spec.
    BETA CLUB