Deleted

(BM) Help on talents when running high m+ with mantle of command

Hello everyone.

Just got the mantle yesterday so i was wondering. What talents you run on high mythic + for example 15+
    I will sim but i would like to hear your conclusions first if possible.
    Without shoulders, Dire stable, stomp, and maybe blink strikes are ideal, but now i am not so sure anymore
    Also what second legendary do you use? Is the trinket the best?

Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Your talent choices don't really changes based on the shoulders. Your talent choice in Mythic+, especially at higher levels, is going to be based on the affixes. Standard Mythic+ build, where the focus is on the trash since it sucks up the most time, is still going to be Dire Stable and Stomp, even with the shoulders. But if you are dealing with something like Tyrannical, and some of the nastier bosses, you may want a single target build with Way of the Cobra and Dire Frenzy because the bosses become the priority.

There really is no specific build for specific gear sets for Mythic +. It's all going to come down to the level, the affixes and the specific dungeon and the challenges it offers.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-04-19 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Your talent choices don't really changes based on the shoulders. Your talent choice in Mythic+, especially at higher levels, is going to be based on the affixes. Standard Mythic+ build is still going to be Dire Stable and Stomp, even with the shoulders. But if you are dealing with something like Tyrannical, and some of the nastier bosses, you may want a single target build with Way of the Cobra and Dire Frenzy because the bosses become the priority.

There really is no specific build for specific gear sets for Mythic +. It's all going to come down to the level, the affixes and the specific dungeon and the challenges it offers.
    You should take Stomp over Dire Frenzy (with Thunderslash)?

Depending on how much aoe the group has, I just go single target with Volley, or MoC if tyrannical.

Quote Originally Posted by adamthemute View Post
    You should take Stomp over Dire Frenzy (with Thunderslash)?

Depending on how much aoe the group has, I just go single target with Volley, or MoC if tyrannical.
    It depends on the situation, but Thunderlash has nothing to do with it. Due to other changes in 7.2, Dire Frenzy does more damage than Stomp in most raiding situations. Except for Skorpyron, the majority of NH is mainly single target as any add spawns are infrequent and don't live long enough. In Mythic+ it's a little different since you're constantly dealing with trash packs and the vast majority of the time spent in Mythic+ is spent dealing with trash packs. Outside a specific affix Mythic+ bosses are quicker and easier to deal with than the trash. That puts Stomp back in contention. Those trash packs are also not living long enough for you to ever build and maintain your stacks of Dire Frenzy as you burn them down one at a time. Again a specific affix is the only time that might change.

So unless you are building for a single target affix like Tyrannical, the old faithful Dire Stable + Stomp talent choice is going to be best in Mythic+ most of the time. The extra reduced damage to Thunderlash while using Dire Frenzy should not even be taken into consideration with your talent choices.

Are you constantly dealing with packs of adds and can you put a priority on those adds over single target damage on the boss? Yes? Take Dire Stable + Stomp and spam Multi Shot.

Is single target damage more important than cleaving down packs of adds? Yes? Take WotC + Dire Frenzy and follow the standard BM priority.

None of that has changed in Mythic+, it's only changed in NH where the single target build wins on every single fight except Skorpyron now, and mainly because everyone cheeses that fight and you get way more add all at one time grouped in one big pack right as they spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go for optimum single target. Same goes for any and all affixes.
    So the usual wotc-df-bf-amoc-kc

There is usefull damage , and you have useless damage.
    Picking volly and doing incriments more overall damage is incredilby stupid;
    when you face situation like 3x uninteruptable & cc immune adds casting shit that will wipe you if more than two/ one cast goes off -> so you need to nuke one down and you need it to occur as fast as possible.
    Its not neccecarily always like that; but every single dungeon has some form of deadly prio targets on nearly every pull and these gets more and more important to handle the higher you go.

The only place you should consider getting extra ae is high cos, if your comp is struggeling with imp packs; lacking in aoe interupts/stuns.
    But even then only if necessary.

You dont go in and just mindlessly spam aoe, that you can do on low keys.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2017-04-19 at 04:08 PM.

m+ I go stomp+wotc+blink+volley+kc. Since i got shoulders + waist, dire Stable is basically use less for me now. Extra DMG from wotc+stacking beasts is good for both boss fights and priority targets on adds.

DF is too unreliable for m+, altho o can pull 900k+ overalla on pretty much any m+ I run with it, it still doesnt beat 1.2 I usually pulling with the stomp build.