Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    I really don't like flying in wow, I mean it was a huge deal when BC came out and you could fly anywhere you wanted, it was an enticing way to get you to play the game. Now? I think every expansion since it's been less fun to fly places. The only time I used it was to fly to raids, but even then flight points were adjusted and get you there just as fast. Would I want to fly in ESO? hell no that would ruin everything.
    So if i'm understanding your position correctly, flying in some ways diminishes the immersion of the content? I mean, my example above is a prime example of that. And yeah I agree with you.

7.2 might be a huge patch but at the same time it does not feel like that. Its surrounded by time gating systems and i really hate that. Prefer having nothing to do than having to wait weeks/months for things. Waiting 5 days per AK level that increase my AP gain by 300-400k while my weapon required 180mil, cmon? Or having to wait 11 weeks for class mounts... This isnt fun at all.

- MoP Timewalking
    - Brawler's Guild return
    - Micro-Holidays
    - Broken Isles Assaults
    - Pet Battle Dungeon
    - Updated Transmog tab/ Trial of Style
    - Paragon reps
    - Broken Shore
    - Cathedral of Eternal Night
    - Black Temple Timewalking raid
    - New Class campaign and Class Mounts
    - Old Legion dungeons made accessible to Mythic+ and HC
    - Auction House Dance Party
    1) reused content
    2) Slightly refreshed, reused content
    3) absolute and utter failure
    4) uninteresting scripted mindless grinds
    5) lol
    6) lol (2)
    7) 0 new content, a never-ending grind with a minuscule carrot in form of a mount
    8) an empty island with occasional 5/6 worldquests once in 24 hrs.
    9) The dungeon so unbalanced and overtuned that it was nerfed 50% in two weeks after the release
    10) reused content
    11) quest is not available, unnecessary timegating, 1 week to do literally one quest that involves simply talking to npc and that is it, no class mounts available
    12) reused content
    13) yes, major, important upgrade /s
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    TL;DR: The age of big patches is over. Blizzard is taking a new direction where content flows in bit by bit.
    The age of content is over?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I think this quest was a mistake. The one the first week was fine a bit of running around took about an hour or so not to bad. Along the lines of the WOD ones. But going up to a guy handing him nethershards and then waiting a week is some of the cheesiest time gating content padding I have seen.
    It's not only the fact that the quest is short - assuming you have nethershards at hand. It's also that Khadgar is sitting on his ass, dropping stupid puns during World Quests and then the quest itself is poking fun at another annoying fetch quest from the past. Pointing out something was bad is all good and well, but you should also replace it with something better. Otherwise, it starts to get annoying.

Insurrection might not have been the best questline ever, but at least it did feel like we were slowly making progress into Suramar. Gathering our forces, infiltrating the place, falling into a trap. No stupid puns, no "funny" quests. A decent, cohesive story. This time, we're supposedly facing deadlies opponent Azeroth even seen, with Legion almost overwhelming us and requiring us to band together in order to oppose them. Except we then get quests like the last one - after which it's back to AP grind.

The story better pick up soon. It's a complete dissapointment so far.

Legion is not my favorite expansion for sure, but I don't think this patch is terrible. It could have been better though. I really really enjoyed groups flying toward bad ass demon spawns back in the original invasions. Blizzard completely fucked up the opportunity to recreate that feeling of community. But whatever. I play the game to relax after work these days. It's not a real goal to me. I can slog through quests or whatever and be as happy as if I were doing something awesome, because after work, I can't even recognize awesome.

Deleted
    Hi guys, just letting you know that I have unsubbed. Good riddance, eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Best News of the Day.

BTW this thread can be shorted to

If it is too much like Suramar people cry.

If it is too little like Broken Shore people cry.

There is not solution.

You'll be back, or you won't, but we totally care? Thanks for the important data point though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Best News of the Day.

BTW this thread can be shorted to

If it is too much like Suramar people cry.

If it is too little like Broken Shore people cry.

There is not solution.
    Suramar is the best thing about Legion there is. Please don´t compare the two, nor their respective storylines, to each other.

Deleted
    Suramar is the best thing about Legion there is. Please don´t compare the two, nor their respective storylines, to each other.
    FOR YOU.

But unfortunately there are people like you (not you) that cried like whores about Suramar "hurr durr gated hurr durr me like eating shit hurr durr too much things" and now crying for Broken Shore.

But this is an old issue with wow, the players.

Deleted
    The content gating in 7.2 has been really half-assed effort so far.
    The unfolding of the Suramar story was actually quite good and I didn't really mind the content gating there at all - I was interested in doing the story quests and seeing what the next week would bring. That was *good* content gating.

It feels like 7.2 was not done by the same team or that they ran out of time/energy before it was done. Feels like quest writers weren't even invited to the patch meetings. The latest "shard times" story is the biggest joke of a "weekly quest" objective they've ever done. Really a low key in their production. Man.. whoever took the call to let that through should feel pretty bad about it.

It's ok to gate content behind "story unlocks". But make it a bloody story then!

I haven't played WoW for some time now, I dropped out around mid Legion.

Comparing Broken Shores to Isles of Quel'danas, what's the difference? Is it even a legitimate comparison?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    FOR YOU.

But unfortunately there are people like you (not you) that cried like whores about Suramar "hurr durr gated hurr durr me like eating shit hurr durr too much things" and now crying for Broken Shore.

Suramar is better than Broken Shore. Objectively taken. Start some research or whatever but you will sooner or later find that most people like Suramar more than Broken Shore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post

Comparing Broken Shores to Isles of Quel'danas, what's the difference? Is it even a legitimate comparison?
    Isle of QD is better by a wide margin. Broken Shore is ARTIFICIALLY time-gated, there is no apparent reason why we cannot continue. Isle of QD, MF, IoT, all these had timegating done right.

Listen you cant have your cake and eat it to, Blizzard either time gates stuff to create something that you can do ever week, or they dont time gate you finish it day 1 and complain there is nothing to do. Blizzard cant win in this situation however as a life long player I would rather have the time gating opposed to day 1 completion.

It's less people expecting too much than it is Blizzard being really, really fucking shitty about communicating how this patch is going down. A simple, "Hey, there's gating in this patch and here's how it's going to work," would've sufficed. Instead we got nothing. Near radio silence on Blizzard's part. People look at the patch notes, see all this cool shit then get into the game and there's nothing there. 7.2's initial launch was confusing at best and borderline insulting at worst.

Unsurprisingly, the forums then erupt in an incoherent menstrual rage over there only being "four hours of content" with 7.2's release. Communication between developers and players has been generally fucking terrible this expansion but the poor roll-out of 7.2 will likely be remembered as one of the worst instances of discordance between the people actually playing the game and the ones making decisions about how it's played.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If they really want to improve, Blizzard only need to look at the way Riot handles its PR. They fuck up (frequently) but at least talk to community and provide reasoning behind their controversial changes. Blizzard has this "shoot first, ask questions later" policy when it comes to development that not only infuriates the community but often causes us to be actively apprehensive towards its designers. And while I get that this philosophy has (mostly) worked for the last decade-plus this game has been around, you would think with such a precedence their communication should be improving instead of rapidly deteriorating as it is now.

That said, I have faith Blizzard will turn the ship around before it sinks. There are plenty of intelligent, creative people working on this game and I know the community's displeasure isn't falling on entirely deaf ears. A step in a direction of proactive communication with players will do wonders for the perception we have of the game.

Until that beings to happen, though, my personal confidence in their competence is reaching an all-time low.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2017-04-20 at 09:51 AM. Reason: words

It's the approach that has changed.

For instance, in MoP things were simple. At launch you had a precise amount of things to do: 3 raids, dungeons, crapton of dailies and reputations. At some point you completed it ALL, and either cleared raids on the highest difficulty or had no interest in increasing it. Therefore, after a set amount of time, people ran out of things to do. Hence - patch 7.1, with another limited set of features that could be completed in some amount of time.

Legion changed that. Reputations are an afterthought, and dailies no longer exist - World Quests keep giving you rewards regardless of how far ahead you are. Dungeons are no longer a complete-and-forget pieces of content, now they are relevant for much longer with M+. Even raids are easier to access thanks to the fact that Titanforges and Legendaries exist and crush the gear walls people could bang their heads on. With all that in mind, you don't really run out of things to do. You might burn out, but not find yourself in a position where there's nothing to do.

Thanks to all that, 7.2 didn't have to introduce a whole lot of new content at once, like 6.2 or 3.3. It only introduced a bunch of other stuff, alternatives to what you are already doing (so you don't get burned out so fast) and moved some things forward, like Order Hall stuff and flying. Yeah, gating is a bit too extreme, but the things gated (campaign) are a nice addition every week to what you are already doing.

It's unfair to compare 7.2 to other big content patches. The whole design philosophy changed, patches add new stuff to the game instead of simply replacing everything that got old.

Broken Shore is as ugly as Desolace and is time-gated to an absurd degree, but at least it has given us flying back. No complaints on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    FOR YOU.

You know you're wrong, right?

People want to feel like they get something for their subscription time. On one hand they want to have fun when they play, and on the other they want to have some achievable goal that they can reach within the time they can reasonably allocate to the game in one month, or two, or whatever their subscription plan is. That's why usually a reputation would take no more than 30 days to get to exalted if you did quests every day.

If the content is overwhelming, in the sense that it takes a lot of /played hours to reach a goal, players complain because they feel like they need to treat the game like a job if they want to reach their goal in a reasonable time frame. If the content is too spread out, or lacking, you feel like you have no goal, or that the game is stretching it out over more time than you think is worth it. Both are valid complaints, and both, at the core, stem from people wanting value for their money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post

QD was so much better then Broken Shores it's not even funny i don't think it's my nostalgia speaking either since i can't think of a worse new area then Broken Shores in any xpack.