Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He won't be missed by anyone who matters. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Yeah, that one got to me too. Like what the fuck? How is that racist? Seems like something that is perfectly fine to say to a black woman you're attracted to. It's just a comment on their physical features.

If it was an unwanted advance then you could consider it harassment, but not racist. Let's be real.
    Lots of black women find that racist and fetishist. They don't like to be compared to food.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    The fuck - of course it is! Just like honky, cracker, white boy, etc.

peck·er·wood
    ˈpekərˌwo͝od/
    noun US informal derogatory
    noun: peckerwood; plural noun: peckerwoods

a white person, especially a poor one.
    I have heard it used for people of different color but it seems to be a term that has been embraced by white culture especially neo nazi gangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Lots of black women find that racist and fetishist. They don't like to be compared to food.
    I get that, but I just don't think that was his intention. The only intention I see is him trying to get in her pants. Not saying he is or isn't racist. Just saying I don't think this proves it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    If you don't understand the BASIC free market principle, of paying a host that gets higher ratings more money than the others, because you can charge more for ads on that show, there is no point in continuing. I can't educate you in order to have the conversation.
    Sorry i hate bullshit peddlers, i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It's a different format and different rules. Apples to orange comparison.
    Comparisons don't matter. It's a fact tv ratings are dropping like flies because of youtube and Netflix.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Shall I warp in the Popcorn legion cruisers?
    Won't be enough. We'll need to modify the Sentinax to produce popcorn from its portals instead of demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

Comparisons don't matter. It's a fact tv ratings are dropping like flies because of youtube and Netflix.
    It's not that you hate them, it's that you factually do not understand capitalism, as evidenced by your comments. Look, I don't like Tom Cruise, but I can see that when more people go to his movies, that makes his salary worth more.

And no matter how much TV ratings drop, those who get higher ratings than others, will still be worth more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahaha.

Tide goes in, tide goes out.

Fuck off O'Reily.

Can't believe that old fart has even lasted this long. But then again, people fear intellectuals and progress.

LOL - Bill O'Reilly being let go from Fox is about as possible as Hillary Clinton winning the 2016 election.

It has been fucking hilarious watching the usual suspects in the MSM try to take down O'Reilly and Fox. they are as feckless and laughable as their dipshit leader Obama was. Just pathetic.

Bullshit - he lost over 20 advertisers last week and his rating did not take a hit at all. In fact, they went up.

#1 for over 16 straight years.
    Well, wasn't this embarrassing?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Snowflakes? the guy was repeteadly accused for sexual harassment , and we're the snowflakes? what the fuck is wrong with you?
    I'm not a brain-dead liberal, that's whats wrong with me. The left has been after this guy for like 40 years and people always seem to remember they were harassed when the money sign lights up.

Why can't people keep it in their pant's it ain't hard... There are plenty of beautiful people outside of work, and the best part is you don't have to see them at work!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

well you are correct that people are moving away from traditional tv services. i watch tucker online so its the same format. i can watch maddow online and same format.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Or we can stick to the story that it is unwanted and drop the racism part?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Slave owners often raped their female slaves.

Being a racist doesn't mean that you can't be sexually attracted to members of a race you view as "inferior".

You're literally using the, "BUT I HAVE A BLACK FRIEND!" argument right now.
    Good old strom thurmond was so tired from filibustering civil rights legislation he barely had time or energy to rape the 16 year old african american his parents had employed.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    It's not absolutely racist. It's potentially racist depending on context. If I were married to a black woman I think I could comfortably say, "Hey sexy chocolate lady come here and get some" and still love her as a wife. It's merely a metaphor for a physical feature. That's it. Any other implications can only be derived from the context.

Let's try using chocolate in a few different contexts and consider the implications.

Given black man Bob and white man Joe

Context #1:

Bob: Hey Joe. What sort of things could you compare to my skin tone?

Joe: Well, Joe, lots of things. First thing that comes to mind is chocolate.

Not racist

Context #2:

Joe: Hey Bob my chocolate friend!

Bob: Hey Joe... Listen would you mind not calling me chocolate?

Joe: Oh, sorry Bob. I didn't mean any offense.

Bob: I know, Joe. I just don't really like that.

Joe: OK, Bob. I won't call you that again.

Not really racist. Maybe a bit ignorant at worst, but not racist.

Context #3:

Joe: Hey Bob. You're a chocolate piece of shit. What's it like being an inferior chocolate person?

Bob: Excuse me! I can't believe you just said that!

Now that's racist

If calling a black person "chocolate" sets off an emotional reaction for you, well sorry. But that by itself is not actually racist. Don't be blinded by your emotional delusions.
    This kind of crap is why we have an unwritten policy against hiring Ebonics in the workforce now. No matter how crappy you are at your job, if you are black you can just play the race card and never get fired now. So the solution in a lot of places is to basically hire a few blacks for show and have an extensive policy of anti discrimination while basically throwing out the black applicants because it is too much risk involved. Isn't social justice great?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL - Bill O'Reilly being let go from Fox is about as possible as Hillary Clinton winning the 2016 election.

It has been fucking hilarious watching the usual suspects in the MSM try to take down O'Reilly and Fox. they are as feckless and laughable as their dipshit leader Obama was. Just pathetic.

Bullshit - he lost over 20 advertisers last week and his rating did not take a hit at all. In fact, they went up.

#1 for over 16 straight years.
    Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Uh, calling a black person "chocolate" is racist. Yes. It's a racial epithet.
    It's not being used as a slur, thus not racist. Stop watering down the definition of racism with this stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Can't believe that old fart has even lasted this long. But then again, people fear intellectuals and progress.

Well his average audience was in their late 60s and higher so they don't like change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Is hot chocolate really racism?
    I mean, yea, its a comment that refers to skin color, but it's not invoking any prejudice against black people. (is it? maybe there's something I'm missing here)
    Exactly.

If "hot chocolate" is racist, shouldn't anyone react to Bruno Mars calling Michelle Pfeiffer "white gold"...?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/bill...ch-1202044514/

Welp, it's now official

I have some bad news for you...
    Did you read the comments to that article? There are so many right wing "moral" people trying to defend Bill O'Reilly. Claiming that Fox News leans left, or this little gem here:
    I am truly disappointed in the Murdoch’s lack of standing with Mr. O’reilly. We believe he has proven his honesty and upstanding character throughout his broadcasting career. At a time when our country needs good honest people to tell us the facts, you at Fox Murdoch’s, let us all down! God help us
    So many idiots trying to defend sexual harassment.