Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    If this keeps up Fox News is going to get a reputation as a "deplorable" network and advertisers will abandon them wholesale. No reputable company wants its brand tarnished (Fox News aside) due to the appearance of condoning sexual harassment. Their Fox News viewing customers won't care of course, but their others will.

indeed, which is already happening just a few days ago it was announced that FOX in Boston is dropping the FOX part on there local news shows since it just doesnt help in the market they are in you know liberal commonwealth of Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    They didn't do the right thing though. The right thing would have been to let him go years ago because he was using his dominant position within the company to sexually harass female employees. They are only letting him go because the pressure has become too much to bear and advertisers are quitting his show en mass.

That's simply damage limitation not acting out of doing the right thing.
    Hence the word FINALLY in my quote....

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    No please we need to keep Spicey

The memes must keep flowing

Baghdad Bob needs to stay, Melissa does such a great job in making him look like he belongs with donny

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Uhhhh calling a black person "chocolate" is absolutely racist.
    It's not absolutely racist. It's potentially racist depending on context. If I were married to a black woman I think I could comfortably say, "Hey sexy chocolate lady come here and get some" and still love her as a wife. It's merely a metaphor for a physical feature. That's it. Any other implications can only be derived from the context.

Let's try using chocolate in a few different contexts and consider the implications.

Given black man Bob and white man Joe

Context #1:

Bob: Hey Joe. What sort of things could you compare to my skin tone?

Joe: Well, Joe, lots of things. First thing that comes to mind is chocolate.

Not racist

Context #2:

Joe: Hey Bob my chocolate friend!

Bob: Hey Joe... Listen would you mind not calling me chocolate?

Joe: Oh, sorry Bob. I didn't mean any offense.

Bob: I know, Joe. I just don't really like that.

Joe: OK, Bob. I won't call you that again.

Not really racist. Maybe a bit ignorant at worst, but not racist.

Context #3:

Joe: Hey Bob. You're a chocolate piece of shit. What's it like being an inferior chocolate person?

Bob: Excuse me! I can't believe you just said that!

Now that's racist

If calling a black person "chocolate" sets off an emotional reaction for you, well sorry. But that by itself is not actually racist. Don't be blinded by your emotional delusions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You know there are YT commentators that actually are good. Dunno why you made it like a bad thing. Bill is bad yes but in a way of he's full of shit and a moron.
    I like Philip DeFranco but he doesn't try to lie to people for money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So, you have disdain for capitalism, in any way. Got it. I assume you watch nothing but RT?

Also, you think there is less value in the talent needed to make insightful commentary, than it is to read someone else's words off a teleprompter? Amazing...

Since the nightly news only takes like an hour. What is it you think should be done with the other 23 hours in a broadcast day?
    I don't know why you even bring up capitalism. Also I don't even know what rt is. You keep thinking these people MAKE insightful commentary when they don't and they lie and yell and stretch the truth for money. How about they hire people from both sides that can have a nice debate about facts and then add their opinion? I know that is strange to some people.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-04-19 at 07:11 PM.

None of those have anything to do with racial slurs about white people.

Offense can never be given, it can only be taken.

The right wing has nothing to do with racism. Bigotry has no consistent position, on the right or left, if you look at history, or even the modern day.
    There is no historical racist terms against white people you don't have to deal with racial sluts, but since there is a history of rascistm towards other by white people you have to deal with that.

Nigger means black, but since a certain group of people have been using that as a slur you will be branded racist, same with other words.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger...gy_and_history

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    It's not absolutely racist. It's potentially racist depending on context. If I were married to a black woman I think I could comfortably say, "Hey sexy chocolate lady come here and get some" and still love her as a wife. It's merely a metaphor for a physical feature. That's it. Any other implications can only be derived from the context.

Let's try using chocolate in a few different contexts and consider the implications.

Given black man Bob and white man Joe

Context #1:

Bob: Hey Joe. What sort of things could you compare to my skin tone?

Joe: Well, Joe, lots of things. First thing that comes to mind is chocolate.

Not racist

Context #2:

Joe: Hey Bob my chocolate friend!

Bob: Hey Joe... Listen would you mind not calling me chocolate?

Joe: Oh, sorry Bob. I didn't mean any offense.

Bob: I know, Joe. I just don't really like that.

Joe: OK, Bob. I won't call you that again.

Not really racist. Maybe a bit ignorant at worst, but not racist.

Context #3:

Joe: Hey Bob. You're a chocolate piece of shit. What's it like being an inferior chocolate person?

Bob: Excuse me! I can't believe you just said that!

Now that's racist

If calling a black person "chocolate" sets off an emotional reaction for you, well sorry. But that by itself is not actually racist. Don't be blinded by your emotional delusions.
    Nobody talks like this in the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, did you hear how April is sexual violence awareness month?

Apparently, FOX heard.

It's the 21st goddam century. Attitudes like the ones O'Reilly is accused of, the ones bad enough to stain Ailes' FOX News, are no longer welcome. I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere, but probably not Russia, he has too much credibiity for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently they do, they just get fired for it.

Very strange conversations sure, but I think it still gets the point across. A single word is never inherently racist. Words can only be racist under certain contexts.

The idea is that as long as you don't go around in a white robe and lynch people you can't be racist.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-04-19 at 07:17 PM.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Haha, Goodbye Bill.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I like Philip DeFranco but he doesn't try to lie to people for money.

I don't know why you even bring up capitalism. Also I don't even know what rt is. You keep thinking these people MAKE insightful commentary when they don't and they lie and yell and stretch the truth for money. How about they hire people from both sides that can have a nice debate about facts and then add their opinion? I know that is strange to some people.
    I bring up Capitalism because you seem to think that salaries should be based on your own personal virtue signaling, instead of the free market system currently in place for commentary show hosts. You are factually railing against capitalism, even if you don't know what it means.

Almost every single news commentary show brings on a panel of people with differing opinions. It sounds like you have never watched these shows, yet want them to be taken off the air. Why is YOUR opinion superior to that of the millions of viewers who watch them? What harm is it to you, that others prefer different programming than you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Very strange conversations sure, but I think it still gets the point across. A single word is never inherently racist. Words can only be racist under certain contexts.
    Well in the context of a woman who feels like she's being harassed by old boy Billy and he's calling her a "chocolate" whatever I feel like it's not that far off the mark. But /shrug it's not like accusations of racism has been a problem for him before as he's gotten them for years. This must be something bigger or Fox is finally at their wits end with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I noted in the second post. A man lobbying unwanted advances against a black woman based on her skin color, whom he presumably has little connection with, is racist.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The idea is that as long as you don't go around in a wide robe and lynch people you can't be racist.
    Essentially yeah that is the logic a lot of people here use. Just like self proclaimed Neo Nazi's/white nationalists can't be called Nazi's until the ovens start warming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey, did you hear how April is sexual violence awareness month?

Apparently, FOX heard.

It's the 21st goddam century. Attitudes like the ones O'Reilly is accused of, the ones bad enough to stain Ailes' FOX News, are no longer welcome. I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere, but probably not Russia, he has too much credibiity for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently they do, they just get fired for it.
    He is out anyway, maybe it's really time for spring cleaning at fox.

Being conservative and right-wing isn't bad or anything but Fox ''News'' was, half the time, no better then Alex Jones and Glenn Back (which was part of fox news for a while).

You have real journalist at Fox but they got overshadowed by the bloody idiots that show a board with numbers from the first month of Obama's presidency and first month of Trump and then claim Trump is the better leader for some reason. Just to be clear for any other idiot, he was comparing the end of Bush to the end of Obama and then claiming that Trump had a better economy.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    There is no historical racist terms against white people you don't have to deal with racial sluts, but since there is a history of rascistm towards other by white people you have to deal with that.

Nigger means black, but since a certain group of people have been using that as a slur you will be branded racist, same with other words.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger...gy_and_history
    I think we all know what the racial slurs are. There is no need to get banned by pointing out what they are.

And again, you are equating being white with being a racist, and that IS offensive.

My point, that seems to be lost on you, is that racial slurs only offend if they are let to offend. Nobody can MAKE you take offense to something you said.

Offense can only be taken, it cannot be given.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by p0werslav3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    "Women come in, money goes out, you can't explain that"
    Oh sh!t, that wins the intarwebs for the day
    The day is young, but I'll still take a bow for being coherent before coffee.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I think we all know what the racial slurs are. There is no need to get banned by pointing out what they are.

And again, you are equating being white with being a racist, and that IS offensive.

My point, that seems to be lost on you, is that racial slurs only offend if they are let to offend. Nobody can MAKE you take offense.
    UHm I'm not equating anything you are by putting words in my mouth.