Poll: What's your decision ?

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    For me No flying on max level = no buying AT ALL, i can accept it for being restricted to max level, but no more grinding for something that Blizzard announcing it as a feature while it was baseline, let me enjoy the content at my pace and the way i want it.
    Oh cool, can you tell us more about the next expac, I'd like to know what's in it in more detail? What's the max level going to be? Can you tell us a bit about the content as well?

Just focused on the flying part, I didnt miss that at all this xpac. WoD was bullshit, i agree. But with the whistle and the smart placed flight transport network i never felt lost or stuck in any place.

Now that i unlocked flying i just hover over the highest AP reward WQ and dash in. Not complaining, just saying I wouldnt have experienced much of Legions beautiful and detail-rich envoirment if there was flying from beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlk View Post
    Just focused on the flying part, I didnt miss that at all this xpac. WoD was bullshit, i agree. But with the whistle and the smart placed flight transport network i never felt lost or stuck in any place.

Now that i unlocked flying i just hover over the highest AP reward WQ and dash in. Not complaining, just saying I wouldnt have experienced much of Legions beautiful and detail-rich envoirment if there was flying from beginning.
    Well, could go for maxlevel + explore/loremaster for each zone.
    After you have done that, do you really "experience" that much when doing repetive WQs?
    I usually find more gems in the enviroment when flying, because when on the ground I wont bother going off path, just because its so time consuming. Also flying gives a good overlook.

most people complaining about fliying gonna buy net exp and complain again. Pathfinder is ok.

You are missing the option for “Hopefully the same way it os rifht now“

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Why would I slow down while Blizzard works on new stuff instead of just playing normally, then playing something else while I wait for new content to be released? The speed at which a player consumes content has ZERO effect on the time it takes a game company to develop new material.

I think what you're trying to describe is proper pacing on content in order to make it feel like the game is progressing at a good rate instead of stagnating. Some amount of that is fine. But when the content is clearly being stretched beyond it's normal lifespan with filler material - such as we see in Legion's over-use of RNG, dazing trash mobs that aren't otherwise relevant, and heavy use of time-gating - it's actually detrimental to the quality of the game. Saying something like "Players should be slowed down so that Blizzard has more time to create content" falls squarely into the category of bad design.

Stopping to steamroll some trash mobs that aren't threatening, relevant, and don't possess anything of worth doesn't make players feel heroic. Overcoming actual, real challenges do. But that's fine if people want to stop and engage with a monster-bash on stuff that's not important. But to try and force players to do that? Sorry, no. That's just bad game design.

Maybe if Blizzard implemented something like Torment levels from Diablo 3 into WoW's open world. Where a player can choose to play at a higher difficulty in the open world and get better rewards for choosing to deal with more difficult enemies?
    If the content is consumed slower then people are ready for the new content later. If we get to max level in two weeks, we need raids after two weeks-ish. If we get to max level in 4 weeks, we need raids after 4-ish weeks. So therefore Blizz would have an extra two weeks to refine those raids. This is what I meant by slowing down content. It would help with pacing.

I love that Torment idea, sounds great. Kind of like Mythic+ open world?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Hahah! Wow...do you even recognize the underlying theme of your post? ONLY info from Blizzard matters. And you have to pay Blizzard to have an opinion.

Bow down before almighty Blizzard! Big brother knows best!
    What the fuck is wrong with you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. Half the people here quit and just come back anyway. Poor self control I guess.
    Show some proof of your statement. Something ...

Or This

What's with the salty replies? You can disagree without being a dick

Deleted
    Flying is the worst feature everyone added to wow. It because of it open world feels so empty.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you?
    I strongly suspect that I've been afflicted by an overexposure to the toxic fumes of regurgitated bullshit that's generated by blind Blizzard fanatacism. But it could just be my allergic reaction to idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am not sure why it's not clear enough that Blizzard does not want players to skip content with flying while it's active and it's always active until the end of expansion.
    Then maybe they should stop making content that's so easily broken by flying players. Or change flight so that it can interact with the content in better ways.

Players are pretty much crying how it was better before, they are not really saying how it could be better than it was before and than it is now and that what was before - it pretty much skips the content.
    That's patently false. Players have been suggesting ways to improve things since WoD beta after seeing how terrible No-Flying was. And if all you're seeing is crying, then maybe you should stop wasting your time on QQ posts and start reading the actual, legitimate criticisms and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Flying is the worst feature everyone added to wow. It because of it open world feels so empty.
    That is not the fault of flying. That is caused by weak content with little replay value.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-04-24 at 11:06 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would like to think that after the disastrous effects of no flying in WoD/Legion and the way both expansions became night and day better with it's addition that Blizzard will have learned their lesson, but it's Blizzard we're talking about...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Never played in Vanilla then I take it? lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was never a factor to buy xpack if it had no flying at all, even I understand why they dont let people use it instantly after reaching the maximum level.
    You have to feel the world, explore locations, do quests without flying over location from point A to point B brainlessly and tbh deeply respect this decision, very wise in my point of view

(so pathfinder = confirmation you've seen enough of legion stuff on ground/feet, you can continue your jorney without any problem )
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I don't give a fuck about flying.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    what is terrible at No-flying?
    1: Makes it harder to get from A to B (as you often have to travel in the opposite direction, hop on a FP that goes nowhere near where you want, then ride back the right way, taking twice as long). This is a big problem as post-TBC zones have been designed with max level flight in mind making them laborious/difficult to navigate by ground.

2: No flying at launch means mats cost more, this means raiding costs more, this means the amount of grinding required is higher, this means burnout is higher, this means sub loss is higher. Just like in WoD I have seen many people quit the game purely because no flying means the extra time sink makes the game less enjoyable.

3: Makes it harder/less enjoyable/pointless to simply travel the world in search of rare mobs, exploration, areas you haven't seen, etc.

Which flying players when there is no flying until end of expansion?
    The entire reasoning behind removing flight is because it trivializes the content when a player can approach it from the air. So my suggestion is to stop making such weaksauce content that's so easy to break.

And how can flight be changed to interact with the content in better ways when there is flypoint to every location you need? Or you were implying to allow landing where ever you want which brings us back to flying issue again?
    I just went over this on the previous page, so I'll just copy/paste:

"There are lots of ways to address the issues that flying creates in a world designed for the ground. I could go on for a long time about it, but what it boils down to are two main things:

1) Change the world to account for flying players.
    2) Change flying to work in a mostly grounded world.

Personally I'd prefer a combination of the two. Set flight speed closer to that of ground mounts, give it a fatigue bar, or a cooldown, or make it work like Gliding+Emerald Winds. Create certain areas in the world that can only be reached by flying, or defend quest areas with ranged enemies, grapplers, flying enemies, and anti-air canons.

When the main complaint about flying is that it's too powerful, it seems like the obvious solution is to make it less powerful, and increase the danger of the zones. Simply turning flight off for 8 months doesn't actually solve any of the problems.
    "

That's the thing - what is terrible at No-flying? I hope you can answer this without hearing same ol' shit we heard million times already which again, Blizzard efficiently arguments back but nooo, Blizzard can't be right because we are customers and we have the power of the wallet!!!
    I'm not entirely sure what you're actually trying to get at here. Yes, if customers don't like something, the most effective way to express their displeasure is by not paying.

But did you mean to ask what's terrible about No-Flying?

First is the fundamental problem with removing a feature that many players consider one of the fundamental and defining aspects of the game for the better part of a decade.

Second is basically removing all the value of the work and money players have put in to obtain flying mounts of all different kinds.

Third is that Blizzard isn't really delivering the superior experience that removing flight was supposed to make possible. It's just the same old crap: Kill-X, Collect-X, fill the progress bar.

Fourth: By not using flight they're giving up a LOT of potential gameplay and thematic opportunities.

Fifth: It's completely immersion-breaking to not be able to fly when our planet is being invaded by freakin space aliens in battleships, and our central base of operations is a giant floating wizard-city. Not to mention the rocket-powered goblins in power armor. And the flocks of dragons, harpies, griffons, and other flying critters that we keep having to fight. Did I forget to mention the opening cinematic where the Horde and Alliance were assaulting the broken isles with airships?

And most importantly of all: Flying doesn't actually break the game like people seem to think. And the ways that it DOES cause problems are easily fixed, even only using game mechanics that are already in the game in other expansions.

I'd go into more detail on each of those subjects, but honestly all that really matters is what Blizzard does with flying now that it's back in the game.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-04-24 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    It was never a factor to buy xpack if it had no flying at all, even I understand why they dont let people use it instantly after reaching the maximum level.
    I am not so sure of that.
    They do not let people use it when reaching max level to prevent even faster consumption of world content that would make players be burnout faster of that world content.
    That, and a way to have people doing pathfinders, which is a way to provide more content (forced but still more content).
    I already got flying two weeks ago, i have skipped this week questline (the one with the shards), and i think i am gonna skip the rest of the weekly questlines, unless they are needed for something i am interested in.
    I only finished nightborne campaign after unlocking the dungeons because of the pathfinder.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    most people complaining about fliying gonna buy net exp and complain again. Pathfinder is ok.
    Pathfinder Part I should have been sufficient. I have still enjoyed the expansion enough to justify buying the next one anyway, even without flying at all, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't have been significantly better had flying been available 4 months ago.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wtf? What load of crap.
    Lol, what a great counter to the well reasoned arguments, not :P

They even added a whistle so it can take you straight to a fly point.
    That's only useful for world quests though and only if you want to go to a FP to go to another FP to go to a quest, so the problem remains it's just slightly reduced, you still waste a lot of time for no reason than the devs being jerks.

Yes, WOTLK and expansions before were designed with flying in mind.
    WOTLK and expansions after, Vanilla and TBC were designed with ground mouts in mind.

Mats and raiding always costed more at launch.
    Not as much as in WoD/Legion compared to how much people have, these have been the grindiest expansions in the games history due to the flight debacle.

Leaving game just because of flying pretty much says "YOU WANT ME TO PLAY NORMALLY? I QUIT!!!".
    No, it voices displeasure at Blizzard for changing the game in a negative way just because the new dev team doesn't like the game the old dev team created.

It trivializes content as soon as you reach level cap.
    It trivialises the irrelevant content, having to take the long way to get too/from an area is neither fun nor content it's a pointless timesink.

No matter which content they make, you will fly over it.
    No, if it's relevant we will fly too it. Just like we did before Blizzard invented the "flying issue" in WoD in order to attempt to excuse an unpopular/poor design decision.

I just hope there's not a bullshit "part 2" next time.

Earn Pathfinder for current content = fly in current content. No "wait til the 2nd major patch".
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You are not seeing bigger picture. When I say you will fly over it, that means you will 100% surely ignore parts which you should not.
    If they are things you can ignore they they are not things you shouldn't ignore as they are not relevant to what you are doing. Riding through an area ignoring the mobs is no functionally different than flying over it ignoring the mobs, it just takes much longer.

Just like you did before Blizzard came with currently good solution in WoD.
    The WoD where Blizzard lost half their playerbase because people hated changes like no flying and 20m mythic? That WoD? >.>

The most annoying thing is how both WoD and Legion undeniably became better expansions the instant flying was activated, it's like, do Blizzard devs even play this game themselves? lol.