Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    No, it isn't. Cut the alarmist crap.
    Tell your political friends to cut the racists posts. And get out of your victim-role.

Just take a look on american history. The "white angry man" always was the offender and not the victim of history.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's most certainly not what you said, just the natural consequence of framing this as a matter of bad behavior to be ended.
    Or you could frame it as me not wanting scientists to let their political interests make them dissuade scientific study in their field.

Wanting to control what scientists believe politically would be thought policing. Wanting to discourage them from discouraging science because of their beliefs is not.

People can believe whatever they want, I just think we should start caring if they try to dissuade others from identifying problems because of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Tell your political friends to cut the racists posts. And get out of your victim-role.

Just take a look on american history. The "white angry man" always was the offender and not the victim of history.
    My political friends being who?

Victim role? Where?

No, go back to history classes.

Deleted
    No, go back to history classes.
    Yeah.

Let me show you some lessons:

"White angry man against indians"

"White angry man against same rights for woman"

"White angry man against black people"

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The slow death of academia. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Yeah.

Let me show you some lessons:

"White angry man against indians"

"White angry man against same rights for woman"

"White angry man against black people"
    Just no.

10chars

Deleted
    Just no.
    Oh so it wasnt the "angry white man" as offender in those cases? I love your sheer amount of arguments.

Deleted
    Oh so it wasnt the "angry white man" as offender in those cases? I love your sheer amount of arguments.
    Some people who were white. Not white people as a group.

Deleted
    Some people who were white. Not white people as a group.
    Hahaha. Really?

Oh well. Welcome to MMO-C off topic.

"But me read tad on /pol/ and breitbart so it haz to be rite dood!"

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That's literally what I responded to.

Do you not understand the words I responded to you with?

The research was focused on whites. The white rates were much lower than blacks, on those two charts in particular upwards of 50-70% lower. And the variations in whites within their own scale were lower still.

So taking that first chart, for example... And placing it on the black scale...

It would look like this (green line at the bottom):

Doesn't make it particularly easy to discern anything does it? Especially consider the research was literally focused on that green line.

EDIT: Made a more accurate chart with blacks (yellow) and whites (green) at the same scale. Scale is to the right of the normal scale.
    Yeah its a shit graph, that is used to visualize that blacks have shown considerable improvements in heart rates when compared to whites(which gives more emphasis to white lives) The graph is misleading and shouldn't be there.
    Explaining the slowdown in progress in heart disease mortality is not straight-
    forward. Many commentators have long predicted that obesity would eventually have
    this effect, and see little to explain, e.g. Flegal et al (2005), Olshansky et al (2005),
    Lloyd-Jones (2016). But the time, sex, and race patterns of obesity do not obviously
    match the patterns of heart disease. While obesity rates are rising more rapidly among
    blacks than among whites in the US, blacks made rapid progress against heart disease in
    the period 1999-2015 (see Table 2 and Appendix Figure 5)

Deleted
    Hahaha. Really?

Oh well. Welcome to MMO-C off topic.
    Yes, really. Just because someone who is white is a racist doesn't mean white people are racist.

It obviously didn't stop them from doing the science, so there's really no reason to care that some people had opinions you don't like.
    You clearly don't know how the research community works considering that basically if enough of the community criticizes and doesn't back your work, it will pretty much not get published much less you lose credibility in the field. You can do the work, but if you don't get it published it's the same as not doing it.

Deleted
    Yes, really. Just because someone who is white is a racist doesn't mean white people are racist.
    I talked about the "white angry man" who never was in a victim role in america.

Yet the forum breiviks tend to act as if the white man is in danger. By "femnazis", "antifa", the canadian MP, sweden and "liberurls".

I cant even imagine a comic that would be worse. Or a horror movie.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-04-20 at 12:36 AM.

Deleted
    I talked about the "white angry man" who never was in a victim role in america.

Yet the forum breiviks tend to act as if the white man is in danger. By "femnazis", "antifa", the canadian MP, sweden and "liberurls".
    You're just being utterly ridiculous now.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It obviously didn't stop them from doing the science, so there's really no reason to care that some people had opinions you don't like.
    Isn't that the number 1 issue in America (and to lesser extent the World) today though? People seem to care about everyone else's Opinions to the point where if it isn't theirs they want it silenced?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Wtf we love scientists/researchers now - Climate deniers
    What does that even have to do with this though :/

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "white race" self victimization thread #143.

I thought racism is not allowed in these forums.
    Your definition of racism is almost as retarded as you're being.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-04-20 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    What does that even have to do with this though :/
    You'll see

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which has what to do with a couple of people not liking some research? This isn't even about faulty research. It's about research topics. Did you even read the article?
    Holy shit you're being obtuse.

Scientists in their same field isn't just a "couple of people disliking some research" You're trying reallllly hard to trivialize this.

it has to do with the topic because science makes the corrections Revi described because people care about bullshit likes this when rears its head.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's literally just a couple of people allegedly disliking certain topics of research that is in no way preventing research on those topics.
    Now it didn't even happen in your narrative.

By golly.