Prot warrior Legendary "Destiny Driver" working like intended?

So, technically the item is working like intended, but..

The shield amount provided by the item only counts the damage after Block (30/60%) and Ignore Pain (90%).

Example:
    A hit by Ursoc Mythic (985,286 raw damage) gets a 30% Shield Block reduction (-235,968) and a 90% Ignore Pain reduction (-620.730) leaving the resulting melee hit at 68,970 damage. The resulting shield provided by Destiny Driver absorbs a whopping 12,766 damage.

Over a full night of raiding it accounted for 0.22% of my overall healing received or 1.47% of my personal healing done to myself.

(I've sources for this, but I can't post them because of low post count. If you want them PM me)

While this already sounds bad keep in mind that this is an encounter where
    - You can spam it on CD on the other Tank (No movement / off positioning required)
    - The intercepted attacks are bigger than on other bosses (Patchwerk style fight + Overwhelm % increased physical damage)
    - The shield is quickly consumed on both tanks because of the ground effect Miasma (in a longer swap rotation the shield on the off tank could drop)

So the avg. heal on other encounters is probably way lower, making it less useful than a healing potion.

Do you guys think this is intended design? Should the damage taken count after Block/IP (like it does) or before (raw damage)?

I know there are some legendaries that are seen as bad but most of these are designed in a utility kind of style (the Ring and Necks mostly, some other Items for every Spec) while this Legendary actually reads pretty good but results in almost nothing.

Deleted
    Just got it - first I was pretty happy. And then I found this... oh well... still an upgrade over my 670 ;/ too bad the effect is kinda useless

Threw an eye on this post while at work yesterday and wasn't too happy with what Hatura has found out. Anyway, killed a mythic boss and got it dropped. Indeed, a very good ilvl upgrade for me over my old one which was 850.

Back at work again today and just thought about my lewts from last night, was thinking, is the shield applied to only one intercepted attack, or all3 (if Wall of Steel artifact trait is available)? Furthermore, if it is applied to all 3 intercepted attacks, does the value of the shield refresh (if not worn off already) or all 3 shields can stack?

Getting curious while I can't check atm. Please anybody could check this or got some more info? :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Think most of legendary items on warrior are weak. For prot gloves are only one item i would want. For fury head... but gotten back week agoand massive buff of like 1%dps gain from it. Legendary as fuck init
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Think most of legendary items on warrior are weak. For prot gloves are only one item i would want. For fury head... but gotten back week agoand massive buff of like 1%dps gain from it. Legendary as fuck init
    I got the wrists ( Equip: You heal 1% of maximum health for every 10 Rage you spend. )

It does more healing then i first expected. Esp after the recent rage buff
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=16&source=20

ps. yes i know i wasn't doing too great on that encounter ;p
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Could be worse I got the awful Ring available to everyone , but that is disheartening that the shield on that is so low. Agreed Gloves are the main thing I want legendary-wise.

Still the worst legend in the game, still not going to be fixed.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg