Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I disagree with you that there is nothing of interest there. I fel corrupted planet is not just completely corrupted. There are pockets of beauty and Blizzard is certainly creative enough to make an alien corrupted world interesting enough to have a full on expansion there.
    16.000 years of being the most fel-corrupted planet besides Sargeras himself.

If there are any pockets of beauty left, then fel is bullshit. Fel is poison. You die, or live to become a monster. If there is beautiful wildlife and left on Argus, a literal giant burning fel coal of a planet, then the universe just doesn't make sense. The whole point of the Burning Legion is the death of everything. From the biggest creature to the smallest microbe. If they can't even accomplish that on their most tainted world, then the Legion is bullshit.

Deleted
    Please, no! I'm already experiencing demon fatigue. They pop up in pretty much every expansion, 3 times very heavily (TBC, WoD & Legion). Enough is enough. We finish them off for good this expansion and move on to other storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Probably should read everything haha!
    Idk man, both of them leads up to the Planet getting destroyed...so...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't see a point. We only need huge blue-purple-green wasteland and capital city of Mac'Aree to portray Argus fairly. I expect it to be very big - Blizz has lot of time to create this zone (Suramar was done year ago, Broken Shore was only updated in 7.2). Even in Warlords, which have really poor patch support, they created Tanaan in 7 months - and it was pretty big and detailed (it's not art team fault that it had no story and bad content design).

This even don't make sense. We defeat and perma kill Kil'jeaden in middle patch, and only visit first zone of Argus in last patch? Who would be last boss in this scenario, some random Legion dude?

No. Only logical conclusion to expansion called Legion is defeat of BL. As we know from Illidan book, if we only deal with their invasion, it will be our loss - because they will return stronger and more experienced. All we have to do is to blow up Argus with Sargeras in it. Demons are chaotic by nature, without eredar leadership they will just start sit in their worlds and fight each other.

And I agree, Legion is (maybe with exception of Nathrezim) really one-dimensional enemy - they are just old Horde on steroids. I'm happy that Void will be major villain from now, Old Gods are much more interesting enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't see a point. We only need huge blue-purple-green wasteland and capital city of Mac'Aree to portray Argus fairly. I expect it to be very big - Blizz has lot of time to create this zone (Suramar was done year ago, Broken Shore was only updated in 7.2). Even in Warlords, which have really poor patch support, they created Tanaan in 7 months - and it was pretty big and detailed (it's not art team fault that it had no story and bad content design).

This even don't make sense. We defeat and perma kill Kil'jeaden in middle patch, and only visit first zone of Argus in last patch? Who would be last boss in this scenario, some random Legion dude?

No. Only logical conclusion to expansion called Legion is defeat of BL. As we know from Illidan book, if we only deal with their invasion, it will be our loss - because they will return stronger and more experienced. All we have to do is to blow up Argus with Sargeras in it. Demons are chaotic by nature, without eredar leadership they will just start sit in their worlds and fight each other.

And I agree, Legion is (maybe with exception of Nathrezim) really one-dimensional enemy - they are just old Horde on steroids. I'm happy that Void will be major villain from now, Old Gods are much more interesting enemy.
    The goals between the Legion and the Old Horde are a wee bit different I think and hardly one dimensional.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Honestly, Im not a fan of the idea, as I don't want to be stuck on a dying planet fighting more of the Legion. I'm really hoping that Old Gods is the next expansion and Im not sure how Argus would play into that and continue the story forward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    16.000 years of being the most fel-corrupted planet besides Sargeras himself.

If there are any pockets of beauty left, then fel is bullshit. Fel is poison. You die, or live to become a monster. If there is beautiful wildlife and left on Argus, a literal giant burning fel coal of a planet, then the universe just doesn't make sense. The whole point of the Burning Legion is the death of everything. From the biggest creature to the smallest microbe. If they can't even accomplish that on their most tainted world, then the Legion is bullshit.
    My knowledge of pre legion Argus or current Argus is very limited, but was there anything (massive structures/other races/sentient beings of sorts) on the planet before the legion arrived?

Its a stupidly long shot, or a snowballs chance in fel you could say, of maybe an area or resistance group still existing? Kind of like when the Covenant glassed Reach, and in the Halo novels, you find out there were pockets of resistance doted here and there. The obvious difference is the timescale of that book was days than thousands of years, but maybe?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The goals between the Legion and the Old Horde are a wee bit different I think and hardly one dimensional.
    I mean their methods - both use mostly brute force.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    My knowledge of pre legion Argus or current Argus is very limited, but was there anything (massive structures/other races/sentient beings of sorts) on the planet before the legion arrived?

Its a stupidly long shot, or a snowballs chance in fel you could say, of maybe an area or resistance group still existing? Kind of like when the Covenant glassed Reach, and in the Halo novels, you find out there were pockets of resistance doted here and there. The obvious difference is the timescale of that book was days than thousands of years, but maybe?
    you mean this resistance? http://wow.gamepedia.com/Army_of_the_Light

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    Didn't even cross my mind, but yes! Something like that.

Do we even know when the Army of the Light will appear? A cutscene post ToS?

People expecting too much of Argus will be the downfall of this expansion. No matter what Blizzard does, people will still be pissed of.
    Argus will be just another Timless Isless/Tanaan/Broken Shore, nothing more. Stop overhyping it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I mean their methods - both use mostly brute force.
    There is more to villains then just a method. Also note historically, the Burning Legion has done plenty of subtle things as well(WCIII being the bigger) brute force they use a lot but that's typical for any villain so it's not necessarily a bad thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I think its a bad move to do one more expansion focused on the legion.
    Yea.. I mean Id take the Legion over pandas any day of the week but WoD was about orcs and demons, legion is about demons.

I hope the next one will be focused on the undead more or at least the void gods(who are sort of the real enemy).

Let's not give Blizz too many ideas or we may be going to Argus during an "alternate timeline". Prior to the legion getting there, we could be setting traps for their arrival.
    NO! Just NO!!!!!

This is what is honestly wrong with both the game and the community. I mean what is wrong with the having more than 1 expansion telling a similar story. I mean everybody expects them to tell whatever story they want to tell in 1 expansion, what the expansions to not last too long and expect a great story out of it. Its like asking for a great novel but only giving the writer enough words to make a short story. I mean lets say we kill Sargy and destroy Argus at the end of this expansion. We now know that the voidlords are the actual big time threat in the universe. There's no way we face them next or that would then be the "end" of WoW. So the odds are next xpac is going to be the Azshara/N'zoth one that most are asking for. Yet Azshara/N'zoth couldn't possibly match up in power with the titans. So you know people are going to complain about the next expansion having a weaker main villian than the last, I mean aren't we supposed to be getting tougher/stronger every expansion, facing bigger, badder bad guys?

I'd rather have 2 expansions in a row to complete a major storyline and that's what Sargeras is, he's the last remaining Titan and ruler of the Burning Legion and his final thread is coming down to a "patch"? That makes no sense whatsoever. That's what's going to happen though or something similar to it. Argus is 7.3 for however long patch last till next expansion. Then probably that Azshara/N'zoth one, from there who knows. Me personally I'd like to see us planet hop for a few expansions. It'd let them make whatever lore they want for each planet without people complaining about them butchering their lore anymore. It'd allow for new races, enemies(some old, some new), maybe a new class from time to time. I could see us liberating a bunch of planets from either Legion or Void corruption to increase our ever growing army till we get to that Voidlord expansion that would probably be the end of WoW, until shocker.. there's actually even a worse villian than the Void. Its been there all along, the Light... lol

No more green, please..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yea.. I mean Id take the Legion over pandas any day of the week but WoD was about orcs and demons, legion is about demons.

I hope the next one will be focused on the undead more or at least the void gods(who are sort of the real enemy).
    Actually, Legion is mostly about satyrs, vrykuls, elves, nagas and demons - and if we only count raids. They did a good job this time, we even had whines before 7.2 that Legion presence is too small. Nighthold had 3 demon bosses (if we include Gul'dan), Tomb will have 5, probably only Argus will be full Legion themed.

Deleted
    Sorry OP to destroy your illusion but when 7.3 would be part of the next xpac it would called 8.0

Deleted
    I want something different - we have had fel corruption now for 2 expansions in a row plus TBC...

Two (partially 3) legion expansions in a row? Not going to happen.