Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would Blood Elves ever return to the Alliance?

Would there ever be a scenario where Blood Elves forgive the past "misdeeds" of the Alliance and return home to join the Alliance (from a lore perspective)?

I mean, Kael'thas is dead and the horde had a part in killing their leader. Also, It would make sense to have them return to the Alliance, especially if the Horde were to receive 2 new races to compensate (Ogres and Aaroka).

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-04-20 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I mean, Kael'thas is dead and the horde had a part in killing their leader.
    Do you know who also had a part in killing Kael? The Alliance and the Blood Elves themselves.

But no, that boat sunk years ago, with the Sunreaver Purge.

Deleted
    They were discussing it in Pandaria after Garrosh treated them like shit and basically sent their troops to certain death. Think Jaina got in the way of it though, blaming them for something about a bell? Don't remember the exact details.

That would never happen. Free race change for the billions and billions of blood elves and trillions in compensation for those that only wanted to play as a hot little blood elf X.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Varian was negotiating a return in Mists, broken up by Jaina. There's no reason for them to leave currently (at least since Vol'jin became Chieftain), but there's nothing that would impede a return if (for example) the Horde broke up.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Garithos put a whole in the ship, the Alliance decided to make it bigger in Burning Crusadde. Varian started bailing out the water and then Jaina came in and dunked it into the ocean.

Short answer. The blood elves laugh at the idea of ever trusting the Alliance/ joining them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

As others have said, whenever the Blood Elves tried joining the Alliance they basically got screwed over. First instance was Garithos, the second one the very beginning of Burning Crusade (for some reason a lot of players forget that during early Blood Elf questing, they actually tried joining the Alliance but got sabotaged by Prospector Anvilward and the Night Elves, which doesn't make much sense since they were on pretty good terms in WC3, which caused them to join the Horde instead) and the most recent one is obviously the purge of Dalaran.

The only scenarios I can think of where Blood Elves would join the Alliance would be if the Horde turned into another facistic regime like in MoP and cause them to leave the Horde (and even then they probably would rather prefer becoming an independent nation again, and would only join the Alliance if Quel'thalas was under direct threat from the Horde or another enemy) or if they completely do away with the factions.

And for obvious gameplay reasons, that would at earliest happen in WC4 (if it will ever be a thing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they will

But not in WoW. WoW is designed to keep the Blood Elves as Horde for gameplay reasons
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Because factions are fundamental game mechanics I don't see Blizzard actually doing it. Although they did abandon the silhouetting idea in MoP so who knows. The biggest problem comes down to players who like being in their current faction and don't want to switch.

Personally I would like factions to be lore constructs and removed from game mechanics, that way individual races can form and change allegiances as necessary or even go neutral. Maybe players could dedicate themselves to one or the other or chose to remain unaligned? For PvP players that are plegged to a faction would fight on its side, but unaligned ones would need to chose which one to fight for before each encounter. This would likely relive pressure on players that are currently on servers with a faction imbalance.

Do I think the BEs should faction switch, not really, but I don't think remaining with the Horde is best for them either. Its always felt like they would do better as a non-aligned race. Getting as much as they could from each side, and only giving back when it suits their interest. The High/Blood Elves have had historic ties the human kingdoms and Ogrims Horde basically burned down Quel'Thalas, however their treatment under Garioths was borderline genocidal and the remaining High Elves of the Alliance regard the Blood Elves use of Fel magic to be unforgivably monstrous, and they were horrified about Jaina's purge of the Sunrevers (although it was Atheas' spinlessness that sparked it). So yeah its really weird to have them strictly a part of either faction.

It simply wont happen because blizz wont change factions ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I mean, Kael'thas is dead and the horde had a part in killing their leader. Also, It would make sense to have them return to the Alliance, especially if the Horde were to receive 2 new races to compensate (Ogres and Aaroka).

Just a thought.
    No. I never want to see Ogres horde... EVER.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    There's no reason for them to leave currently (at least since Vol'jin became Chieftain)
    You are aware that Vol'jin is not a Warchief anymore and passed away right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not after proudmoore. If the alliance charged and executed her for her crimes during the purge and the horde started treating them like shit again then maybe.

But it's probably too little too late.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've tried, though that was after Garrosh basically told them to go to Pandaria, dig up everything remotely magical, and give it to him.

And like heck would they turn their back on Sylvanas, unless she goes full Lich Queen or something.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

For game play reasons no way. For lore reasons no. They were never in the Alliance and have no reasons to join them. The Kael angle being pushed here is beyond silly since the Alliance also killed him, the night elves turned their backs on them and the other races have been fighting them to the death.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    You are aware that Vol'jin is not a Warchief anymore and passed away right?
    You are aware that "since" means all the time after an event happens, right?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You are aware that "since" means all the time after an event happens, right?
    Nope! Didn't know Now I know! Thanks dude!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, all reasons mentioned they got screwed over multiple times and also if you did the suramar thing the high and night elves were not very friendly to them AND the blood elves are very strong atm they dont seem to have a reason to join them.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. Horde needs "human" race.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/