Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It's a representation of the US flag, the depiction of which in the form of a decoration is probably against the flag code.
    Nope. The flag code only applies to flags, oddly enough. It doesn't apply to art, pickup trucks, tattoos, or bikinis that have the flag depicted on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    When they get laid off due to costs increasing? I would think that would make them upset. Or are you talking about the very small number of steel workers in the raw materials industry this will benefit?
    Why would US workers be laid off due to Steel Import tariffs increasing? That makes it more profitable to produce domestically....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Why would US workers be laid off due to Steel Import tariffs increasing? That makes it more profitable to produce domestically....
    Because imported steel is currently cheaper, thus keeping costs down when producing things domestically?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Steel as a national security concern is a fresh idea. Might be fresh bullshit but, fresh none the less.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably so. Do you own stock in Energy Transfer Partners, or something?
    Would it matter to you if I did or something?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Would it matter to you if I did or something?
    I'm just curious why you have this great concern for their overhead costs. Is it because you thought this was a public project, even though all the pipelines are private?

Nope. The flag code only applies to flags, oddly enough. It doesn't apply to art, pickup trucks, tattoos, or bikinis that have the flag depicted on them.
    Incorrect. The flag code applies to any material which could be construed as the flag, such as the decoration behind Trump.

"The words "flag, standard, colors, or ensign", as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America"

Feel free to disagree, I'm not going to get into a debate since that is not what the topic is about.
    Last edited by Tinykong; 2017-04-20 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So the Dakota Pipeline will now increase in price?
    The President already made a exception for the Dakota Pipeline.

Nobody ever accused Trump of being a slave to his own rhetoric.

More protectionism and less freedom from this administration... I'm shocked.

Incorrect. The flag code applies to any material which could be construed as the flag, such as the decoration behind Trump.

"The words "flag, standard, colors, or ensign", as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America"

Feel free to disagree, I'm not going to get into a debate since that is not what the topic is about.
    You never even said what your beef with it was. It's art that depicts a flag. Why is that wrong, in your mind?

You never even said what your beef with it was. It's art that depicts a flag. Why is that wrong, in your mind?
    I find it ironic that the President is standing in front of a depiction of the US flag, which is probably a violation of the flag code since it is a temporary decoration used for his speaking event.

It would be equally as ironic if the decoration was made from foreign steel, which it probably is, since no one would use expensive USA made tools to make such a decoration.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Meanwhile, at the headquarters of the fat cat conservative steel manufacturers who helped vote in Trump

It would be equally as ironic if the decoration was made from foreign steel, which it probably is, since no one would use expensive USA made tools to make such a decoration.
    There's a more important question...are those wrenches standard or metric?

That's the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

That's the big one.
    Considering this was a speaking event at Snap-On, and they have been selling tools made in Spain, Taiwan and China recently...they're probably cheap Chinese tools.

I find it ironic that the President is standing in front of a depiction of the US flag, which is probably a violation of the flag code since it is a temporary decoration used for his speaking event.

Wow, that might be the most petty thing a human as ever been upset about, in the history of mankind.

But, reading the rules you linked, I fail to see the violation. None of the things listed are present in the photo. Again I ask, what is it exactly about the artwork, that offends you, other than it depicts a flag, which is not a violation of the code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

That's the big one.
    Metric of course. The standard tools are being used; this was just a way to put the metric ones to some sort of use.

Wow, that might be the most petty thing a human as ever been upset about, in the history of mankind.

But, reading the rules you linked, I fail to see the violation. None of the things listed are present in the photo. Again I ask, what is it exactly about the artwork, that offends you, other than it depicts a flag, which is not a violation of the code.
    When did I say I was upset or offended?

Also, a temporary decoration of a depiction of the flag is a violation. It's not something that is enforced because you can walk into a Party City right now and buy US flag napkins, which is something that is explicitly not allowed.

However, I find it funny that the President is standing in front of it. It would be similar if he was standing in front of a children's cancer ward while wearing a Newport jacket.

We did it last year. Also whats the problem? There are suspicions that China is dumping steel.
    https://www.commerce.gov/news/press-...de-enforcement

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just curious why you have this great concern for their overhead costs. Is it because you thought this was a public project, even though all the pipelines are private?
    Just curious is all mah dood.

Also I am invested in everything, I am Kanye Westmane, King God Emperor of the Illuminati.

TL;DR: Get ready to pay more for most things, while not seeing your wages increase.

When did I say I was upset or offended?

Also, a temporary decoration of a depiction of the flag is a violation. It's not something that is enforced because you can walk into a Party City right now and buy US flag napkins, which is something that is explicitly not allowed.

However, I find it funny that the President is standing in front of it. It would be similar if he was standing in front of a children's cancer ward while wearing a Newport jacket.
    I think you might be the only human in THIS galaxy, that is offended by the existence of flag art.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    The President already made a exception for the Dakota Pipeline.

Nobody ever accused Trump of being a slave to his own rhetoric.
    "It played great before the election, didn't it?"