Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    that ain't no plus size model it's a goddamn whale.
    man the harpoons, lads!! We got us some blubber!

Well, it's certainly not very professional. Small-talk is fine, but commenting on shit that isn't voluntarily brought up by a customer is uncalled for and unprofessional.

It doesn't matter if it's unhealthy or not, you don't have any business commenting on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Yeah the 400 pound person isn't obese anymore because they're standing next to a 500 pound person.
    He doesn't look like he's 400 pounds. I'm 300 pounds and I look fatter than him.

Yeah I agree she's unhealthy, but it's still rude to say for no reason. I don't know why he thought it was appropriate to say to a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is it rude though to point out the obvious?
    Yes even if something is blatantly obvious it is still rude to point it out.

Its akin to telling parents of mentally handicapped kids, that their kids are retarded. While the people are correct it's still rude to point it out, since the parents are probably well aware of their kids mental condition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    He doesn't look like he's 400 pounds. I'm 300 pounds and I look fatter than him.
    Not saying he is. My point is fat people probably shouldn't be commenting on other fat peoples health. Fatness isn't a contest.

Deleted
    Honestly having watched the video now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/fem...s-healthy.html

Judging from that short clip, there is no way of knowing who brought up the topic, and she doesn't even sound offended in the video. It might be that she even brought up the topic, or that they just started talking about health for some reason. They talked about blood pressure before he asked about cholesterol. She said my blood pressure is fine. Obviously she didn't seem too uncomfortable with discussing this.

People have to be very skeptical about this, especially since she seems to be the one who recorded this (did he even know?) and then published this. Maybe she's just doing this for attention. Considering the shit she's done in the past, it's very likely.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-04-21 at 02:53 PM.

Fat shaming, lol. Such thing does not exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Not saying he is. My point is fat people probably shouldn't be commenting on other fat peoples health. Fatness isn't a contest.
    If someone is a little bit overweight and another person is morbidly obese, yeah that overweight person can totally comment on that other person being morbidly obese.

I'm fat. Probably obese. I'm 300 pounds heavy and I need to lose about half of that. Does that mean I can't comment on this guy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Fat shaming, lol. Such thing does not exist.
    It does. If you're bullying someone cause he's fat, that's bad. But don't anyone tell me discussing health is fat-shaming or bullying.

OK, rude guy was rude, but why is she blaming Uber for this? Just give the guy a bad rating and move on. Does she not understand that any old schmuck can become an Uber driver with no other requirement than you don't have a felony and you have a valid driver's license? That's why it's so cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone is a little bit overweight and another person is morbidly obese, yeah that overweight person can totally comment on that other person being morbidly obese.

I'm fat. Probably obese. I'm 300 pounds heavy and I need to lose about half of that. Does that mean I can't comment on this guy?

I said shouldn't not that you can't. You can do what you want it's just not a good look. Pot calling the kettle black and such. I used to be 100lbs overweight and not once did I feel the need to comment on another person's weight. And even now that I'm at my healthy weight I still don't because it's a rude thing to do.

Now whether or not that happened in the OP I really don't give a shit about because it's such a non story if it's true I was just commenting on your post.

I'd only ever mock someones weight if they're fat and they're mocking other people's weight/appearance. Only time it's okay in my opinion.

I know you should never judge people from their looks, but she doesn't exactly look like a shy and innocent victim of bullying and fat-shaming.

Literally all we heard in the video was "cholesterol," which I don't believe warrants a scandal of this magnitude. This smells more of manipulation than fat-shaming to me.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's a whole lot of woman right there.
    That's just gross.
    Problem now is, if she loses all that lard, her shitty tattoos will look even worse.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

so asking someone about their health is fat shaming. got it. the only proof she has is about the dude saying something about her cholesterol. so what is he doing so terrible again? can we not ask questions to get answers instead of getting offended? seems to me if shes that easily offended, she needs to lose some weight.

- - - Updated - - -
    That manipulative asshole needs to be thrown off a building, regardless of his weight.

It does. If you're bullying someone cause he's fat, that's bad. But don't anyone tell me discussing health is fat-shaming or bullying.
    It does not. It is the term invented by those who are fat and would rather find excuses than making something for themselves. I am obese, and I will laugh at face of every single person who uses that term seriously, ever.

Deleted
    She's revolting

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Not Ubers fault but I find it funny how some people really hate money and sanity.

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS DRIVE THE DAMN CAR! STFU, GET PAID, CRACK JOKES LATER IF YOU MUST.
    aaaaaaand /thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's a whole lot of woman right there.
    I've no problem with people living how they want to live, but if you expose yourself in this manner you're asking to get criticized. No one in their right mind wants to see a fat person in skimpy clothing. She seems to be under the same delusion as those who use "BBW" in a serious context. There is no such thing.

I don't understand the movement to be proud of, accepting and totally OK with a body like that. There IS something wrong with it on a health level.

The message to not hate yourself over your weight is one thing, and makes sense, you can be a proud person with good self esteem yet accept that your weight is a problem....acceptance is the first step to recovery/ improvement or whatever.

But embracing being that kind of fat is disgusting and should not be advocated for and supported simply because it is not healthy....the aesthetic piece is a secondary thing as beauty is subjective, but I know quite a few people who find that completely unappealing.

As for the whole plus sized model thing...as much as I personally find the idea and visual unappealing, plus sized women do exist and they need to wear clothes too so it only makes sense to have people their own size modeling the clothes they want to wear so it makes logical sense. They really do need to update the terminology though because "plus sized" model ranges anywhere from like a size 10 to a size 22 which is a HUGE difference.