Anything wrong with any of these parts ?

Right. So my pc aint that old. Its a actualy a skylake 6700k. Asus maximus hero VIII, Corsair vengeance ddr4 3000mhz.

So why upgrade you might ask. Well. Shit broke. Been struggeling with bluescreens and freezes. Hardware errors, driver errors. dcp_watchdog violations. WHEA uncorrectable error, clock_watchdog error and a lot of others. I have gone forth and back and done everything in my power to troubleshoot it, but no luck.
    What i have done is change the psu to a new one. did a memtest, error free, tried different hardrives. Clean install 3 times. No driver issue. No virus or malware. System is not overclocked and bios has been updated to latest bios.

According to everything i read on google. Its most likely a motherboard or cpu issue. Can even be ram. So i am done. I am going to buy all new and just be done with it.

What i have is
    Phantek Enthoo evolv atx glass.
    EVGA supernova g2 1000w psu
    harddrives.
    msi 1080 gaming x

What i plan to buy is this.

Msi h270 gaming pro carbon motherboard.
    Intel I7-7700k kaby lake
    Nzxt Kraken x62 cpu cooler.
    Samsung 850 EVO 500gb ssd
    Corsair vengeance LED ddr4 2666mhz 16gb. CL16

I want that motherboard due to the lights and also the ram with the led. Will look good with my enthoo evolv. Atleast that is the plan. Might fail hard.

Is there anything in the parts i want to buy that screams "its a trap" ?

My main concearn is the motherboard. After what i got after googling. The H270 is for non overclocking and the z270 is for overclocking. i do not plan on overclocking, atleast not yet. So i thought i should just get the h270. But then i do not really need the 7700k either do i ?

Should i get the z270 and the 7700k so i can have the OC ability down the line ?

This is also a mobo i have looked at Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 look like im going for this over msi tbh

Which motherboard would you recommend for a build with 7700k and also having rgb lights on the motherboard ? I am not only going for performance, but also eyecandy on the outside for the new pc case.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I always struggle with pc parts. Its expensive as hell so i really don't want to do something wrong.
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2017-04-21 at 12:59 AM.

Get the Z270 so you have the option. The 7700K overclocks like a champ, with over half being able to overclock to or past 5.0GHz according to siliconlottery.com. I'm not too well versed in Z270 boards to recommend a good RGB one, but get one so you don't kick yourself down the road for throwing away basically free performance.
    Super casual.

1000W PSU for a rig that will pull ~450 at the wall seems like massive overkill

- - - Updated - - -

H270 vs Z270:

There is never a reason to buy H270. Its literally just a crippled Z270 and you're only saving yourself 10-15$ over the exact same board as Z270. Even if you dont intend to Overclock, the 7700K has a MUCH higher base clock than the non-K 7700, so it is still worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    1000W PSU for a rig that will pull ~450 at the wall seems like massive overkill

- - - Updated - - -

H270 vs Z270:

There is never a reason to buy H270. Its literally just a crippled Z270 and you're only saving yourself 10-15$ over the exact same board as Z270. Even if you dont intend to Overclock, the 7700K has a MUCH higher base clock than the non-K 7700, so it is still worth it.
    I know the psu was overkill. But thats just me in a nuttshell. Its a disease i think. I can't stop it

Anyhow. This is my current list of stuffy mcstuff
    Anything here that seems like a bad idea ?
    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/glowpipe/saved/vqtycf

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing really wrong with the components you've picked, but since you're spending money on high-end stuff I'd definitely get some higher clocked memory as well, both new Intel and AMD cpu's like fast memory and it can be a noticeable performance increase. 3200Mhz shouldn't be too expensive.

Nothing wrong, but I wouldnt get a highend Gigabyte mobo, I'd look into highend Asus, they have mad RGB too.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Nothing wrong, but I wouldnt get a highend Gigabyte mobo, I'd look into highend Asus, they have mad RGB too.
    LoL why? Because Asus is better on the high end? Can easily argue over the years has been the other way around and you pay more for asus brand than you get.
    @OP almost any Z270 above 150$ or so is good, just look at current deals when you buy and you should be fine.

As Kostatoo said, after a certain price point, usually the 150-180$ all motherboards are mostly the same, go for the one you wanna look at.

Also all the errors you mentioned indicate borked CPU, how did you manage that

And you should be able to use the guarantee but usually takes a while so get the 7700K, and sell the 6700K from the guarantee?

Also, as others mentioned, go for 3.200Mhz RAM, nothing lower, Skylake/Kaby Lake love faster RAM
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-25 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    LoL why? Because Asus is better on the high end? Can easily argue over the years has been the other way around and you pay more for asus brand than you get.
    @OP almost any Z270 above 150$ or so is good, just look at current deals when you buy and you should be fine.
    Because Gigabyte uses mostly the same designs for their whole line (that can also be said for some other brands but you dont pay for the brand with them), which works fine for lowend, but is unacceptable in highend. You are also a known Gigabyte fanboy.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    All brands use similar designs on their high end lineup. You think some extra external changes or more ports in the mobo make them completely different? Also how am i a fanboy? Because i got and build more with Asus boards than Gigabyte

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Msi h270 gaming pro carbon motherboard.
    Intel I7-7700k kaby lake
    Nzxt Kraken x62 cpu cooler.
    Samsung 850 EVO 500gb ssd
    Corsair vengeance LED ddr4 2666mhz 16gb. CL16
    Bad choice right there, H270 does not allow overclocking and you will eventually want to do it with I7-7700K - even if you won't do it right away, down the road after a couple of years you will be able to give your system a boost with OC and extend its life another year before upgrade.

Get Z270 board.

Also, as a whole for Motherboards - many of the higher end motherboards have greatly inflated prices for no real return, check board specs and see whether you REALLY need all the bells and whistles there, chances are - you don't.

Good example is this omfg H270 gaming pro carbon vs the simpler H270 PC mate, that uber pro gaming carbon has a bunch of dubious features that won't matter slightest in reality and asks extra 30 bucks... why? You can have an ok Z270 at that price.

Same is cheaper Z270 boards vs more expensive ones - the difference? You will be able to overclock CPU a notch higher and a couple of big names inside that don't do shit really and prettier colors.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-04-25 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    As Kostatoo said, after a certain price point, usually the 150-180$ all motherboards are mostly the same, go for the one you wanna look at.

Also all the errors you mentioned indicate borked CPU, how did you manage that

And you should be able to use the guarantee but usually takes a while so get the 7700K, and sell the 6700K from the guarantee?

Also, as others mentioned, go for 3.200Mhz RAM, nothing lower, Skylake/Kaby Lake love faster RAM
    At this point i have no clue what is wrong. The only thing i havent done is try with different ram, cpu and motherboard. Even changed the thermal paste. Its not gpu, hd, windows install, Drivers, psu, usb peripheral, monitor. That i know for a fact. Atleast close to 100% certain. Keeps crashing and locking up. No bsods lately. Just freeze and hard reset is the only option. I have tried everything for 2 weeks straight now.

All bsods i do have points toward hardware error and some of the ones ive found they changed cpu and it worked. Still, can be anything.

I did end up getting a z270 board in the end. Got all the parts here now, but no cpu cooler, so can't start build yet -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Nothing really wrong with the components you've picked, but since you're spending money on high-end stuff I'd definitely get some higher clocked memory as well, both new Intel and AMD cpu's like fast memory and it can be a noticeable performance increase. 3200Mhz shouldn't be too expensive.
    I did end up with the g.skill trident 2400mhz. Guess i should have gone higher, but i would have to change that later down the line. My old pc doesn't work at all now and i can't send the ram back and wait for new. I want this up and running. Can sell the ram to brother and upgrade later i guess.