Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Michigan cops may soon be barred from having sex with prostitutes while undercover.

Undercover police officers in Michigan will no longer be able to have sex with prostitutes who they’re investigating, under a new law that was unanimously approved by the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee earlier this week.

Senate Bill 275 aims to amend the Michigan Penal Code to make it possible for police officers to be prosecuted for prostitution-related offences, “if the officer engaged in sexual penetration while in the course of his or her duties.”

Michigan police currently enjoy immunity from prosecution for having sex with prostitutes on the clock, something that doesn’t sit well with Republican Sen. Judy Emmons, who sponsored the bill.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3393855/la...h-prostitutes/

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Shocked that it wasn't already the case.

Deleted
    LEO shouldn't tempt people to crime.

Not surprised in the slightest that it's a woman sponsoring the bill.

wow, wtf? why in the world was that legal in the first place?

it's like the omega entrapment.

I doubt anyone here, or the politicians can comment on this is a good thing or not. No one but them has any clue as to what they have to do in order to stay undercover, and this may harm them in doing their work, or it may just stop them from banging for fun. Also, kinda fucked up that prostitution is illegal to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice little perk for being a cop, I suppose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I doubt anyone here, or the politicians can comment on this is a good thing or not. No one but them has any clue as to what they have to do in order to stay undercover, and this may harm them in doing their work, or it may just stop them from banging for fun. Also, kinda fucked up that prostitution is illegal to begin with.
    Yes it seems to be more complicated than people seem to think.

Not much different from commiting some crimes when undercover in criminal gangs.

So, the way to test if someone in your gang is a cop will be to get a prostitute for them...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So, the way to test if someone in your gang is a cop will be to get a prostitute for them...
    Exactly my thought!

What the heck? They do this?
    Ah man. Only in the states.

How was this legal to begin with?

Cops can't break the law while undercover, This isn't anything new.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

They'd do it and nothing would happen. It's rather strong defense later, that you've been forced to do it or get shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    wow, wtf? why in the world was that legal in the first place?

it's like the omega entrapment.
    Entrapment only applies if they force someone to do something they wouldn't have done on their own.

Though, still, no idea why this was allowed.

- - - Updated - - -

And what? Watch the cop bang him/her? What's the stop the cop from going into the room alone with the prostitute and paying him/her more to keep silent about them not having sex?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I don't even understand why prostitution is illegal. Makes no sense.

Or that's just what the undercover cops want the gangs to think...

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And what? Watch the cop bang him/her? What's the stop the cop from going into the room alone with the prostitute and paying him/her more to keep silent about them not having sex?
    What's to stop the prostitute from being on the payroll of the gang, and next thing you know, you get shot in the back? Would you be willing to bet your life on prostitute keeping quiet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Can't really believe prostitution is still illegal in some countries. It's no longer the Middle Ages people !

Deleted
    Let me guess.... it was a Republican who purposed this backward bill. Yep, it was.
    The party of small government really likes to have the government come and dictate what you do in your bed.

Just legalise and regulate prostitution already. Problem solved.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    What's to stop the prostitute from being on the payroll of the gang, and next thing you know, you get shot in the back? Would you be willing to bet your life on prostitute keeping quiet?
    lmao if you think that is a valid counter argument.

First, what's to prove the prostitute knows you are a cop because you chose not to have sex with her? If you are worried abut that, ask her to do some stupid shit (other than sex).

To bad counter your bad counter ... have someone call the police on the prostitute before. Cops come, you run and escape (or get arrested and post "bail") ... seriously, you are overthinking this.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code