PC mainly for WoW.

Hey everyone! It's about time for me to get a new pc. Thinking about building one myself, if I can get a better pc for the same price as this: https://www.komplett.no/product/11146

The price of this, and therefore my budget, is ~$1400, but I have the feeling that pc parts might be a bit more expensive in Norway than in the States, so not sure how much that'll help.

Budget: 12000 NOK/~$1400
    Resolution: That HD thing; 1080p, 1920/720 or something.
    Games / Settings Desired: Mainly WoW on ultra, maybe Witcher 3 and some other games down the line.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): I would like to try my hand at video recording/editing and maybe streaming.
    Parts that can be reused: Might be able to cannibalize a HDD and optical drive.
    Do you need an OS? Yes.
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Nope, got all that covered

Hope someone can help me here! I do realize that since I'm operating in NOK/Norway this might be a bit of a task, but I had to ask.

Also: Typing this on my phone, so might be some misspellings, and the formatting is probably heinous - sorry! Will take a look at that when I get home.

Best regards.

I asked pretty much the same question on buildmeapc subreddit I asked specifically for mmos and streaming. This is what they came up with. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/fkFrhq now that's in Canadian mind you but I don't know much about this stuff but figured I'd share what I've been told.

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor (€282.95 @ Bytes At Work)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (€90.95 @ Bytes At Work)
    Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z270-K ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€149.95 @ Bytes At Work)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (€67.95 @ Bytes At Work)
    Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€105.95 @ Bytes At Work)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card (€500.95 @ Bytes At Work)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case (€96.00 @ Bytes At Work)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€104.95 @ Bytes At Work)
    Other: Windows 10 Key from Kinguin (€27.99)
    Total: €1427.64
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-06 16:36 CEST+0200

You will reuse your HDD. I assume you can order from Belgium...

The 1070 is overkill for WoW. You might consider dropping down to a 1060 6gb instead. That will give you worse performance in games Like Witcher 3 but you won't notice a difference in Blizz titles.

Kinguin is a 3rd party seller of software keys. Buy the €1 protection plan and your good (that's already baked into the price I listed.)

Case is subjective. You can save some money here or spend some more. Brands to look at for cases: Cooler Master, Fractal Design, NZXT, Phanteks. Check out the youtube channel Hardware Canucks - they do a lot of case reviews and you might find something you like.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions! In the end I went for:

CPU: Intel i5-7500 Kaby Lake
    CPU cooler: None, went stock, not going to OC for a while.
    Mobo: Asus Prime Z7270-P 1151 socket
    Memory: Kingston Value DDR4 2400 MHz 8gb (thought I ordered 16GB but ohwell... it'll do for now)
    Storage: Samsung PM961 SSD 256GB
    VIdeo card: ASUS GeFOrce GTX 1060 6GB DUAL
    PSU: Fractal Design Integra M 650 W
    Case: Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Midi Tower

Edit: The price was about €1200, including OS

Finished building the thing a few minutes ago, first build ever, woo! It's up and running, but currently I'm making a Windows 10 USB to get an OS on it.
    Only thing left to do is cable management, but after spending hours trying to make sure everything went in the right spot, and that everything was working just right, I just can not bring myself to start trying to figure cable management out...

Thanks again for the help, really excited for my first build
    Last edited by IngoDent; 2017-04-19 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IngoDent View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions! In the end I went for:

CPU: Intel i5-7500 Kaby Lake
    CPU cooler: None, went stock, not going to OC for a while.
    Mobo: Asus Prime Z7270-P 1151 socket
    Memory: Kingston Value DDR4 2400 MHz 8gb (thought I ordered 16GB but ohwell... it'll do for now)
    Storage: Samsung PM961 SSD 256GB
    VIdeo card: ASUS GeFOrce GTX 1060 6GB DUAL
    PSU: Fractal Design Integra M 650 W
    Case: Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Midi Tower

Edit: The price was about €1200, including OS

Finished building the thing a few minutes ago, first build ever, woo! It's up and running, but currently I'm making a Windows 10 USB to get an OS on it.
    Only thing left to do is cable management, but after spending hours trying to make sure everything went in the right spot, and that everything was working just right, I just can not bring myself to start trying to figure cable management out...

Thanks again for the help, really excited for my first build
    Since your case has a window I would definitely work on that cable management, just because people will see it. Personally I do a little, but do't really care all that much. People used to say it helped with cooling because airflow, but that has been pretty thoroughly debunked as one of the guys at linus literally stuffed cardboard boxes and santa hats and all sorts of stuff inside a case and it had no real effect on temps.

Yeah, I know, it looks sort of... well, not good. But for now, I'll let it be, I might be able to get one of my neat-freak friends to come over and do the cable management for me. For now I just want to enjoy my new computer, and hope that it's a massive upgrade over my old one!