Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Nathanos Marris Short Story

Dark Mirror (Online and PDF)

Backstory and lore concerning Nathanos Marris, champion of the Banshee Queen. Very interesting look into the history of both Nathanos and Sylvanas.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The whole human / elf romances are always disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Although its nice to see the reason behind his new model. And its nice to see more of his origins.

Edit: Looks like they retconed Kosak's statement that undead are immortal.

Unless Nathanos kept his body in shitty condition.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-04-18 at 08:29 PM.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh guess we made them at the same time?
    Very close, would seem. The more the merrier, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Somehow I knew the moment they mentioned his cousin how this would end.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the Valkyr can reverse the decay of the forsaken but it's is taxing on them.. interesting.. (Not sure if this is mentioned in WoW anywhere i don't play horde currently.

Deleted
    What's with so much attention for this character?! Are they grooming him to be the new leader of the forsaken when Sylvanas will obviously turn into a raid boss?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Eh, tell that to Tolkien.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    What's with so much attention for this character?! Are they grooming him to be the new leader of the forsaken when Sylvanas will obviously turn into a raid boss?
    So much focus? It's 3 pages of text and a new model...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Somehow I knew the moment they mentioned his cousin how this would end.
    That was exceedingly brutal, all in all. It makes me wonder who exactly was offered up to create the rest of Sylvanas' Dark Ranger followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That was exceedingly brutal, all in all. It makes me wonder who exactly was offered up to create the rest of Sylvanas' Dark Ranger followers.
    I have to say, I like Sylvanas a bit less now. I generally like her, but that thing really leaves a sour taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Probably any number of High Elven Farstriders from Quel'lithien.
    Or perhaps the Forsaken's aid in Ghostlands served an ulterior purpose (one of several in this case).

7+ Year Old Account
    thats racist
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thats racist
    not when they are written by blizzard, thankfully Sylvanas died before she had half elves so its not as bad.

Edit: This pretty much confirms That if Sylvanas dies, Nathanos isn't going to stick around
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-04-18 at 08:25 PM.
    Holy shit lol

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    the flesh stealing is kinda cool i guess nice way to make different kinds of forsaken.

Well I guess I'm glad that all three sisters are consistent when it comes to men. Literally.

not when they are written by blizzard, thankfully Sylvanas died before she had half elves so its not as bad.

Edit: This pretty much confirms That if Sylvanas dies, Nathanos isn't going to stick around
    which means.

Sylvanas will have to stay around for a long time since there's no one else other than Nathanos who could replace her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Several of the dark rangers in game, including the Anya we see in the story, already existed in Warcraft III as neutral heroes from the tavern, which means they were probably raised by the Scourge and freed by Sylvanas during the retaking of Lordaeron. The new rangers were mostly regular forsaken raised in Cata.

Sylvanas did use their aid in the Ghostlands to blackmail Lothremar into helping the Northrend campaign at a time when doing so was deleterious for the blood elves; I always felt that was her primary objective there. After returning from Northrend though I would not be surprised to find out she has used her Val'kyr to raise elven dead as she has done for human dead.
    Her reasons for helping Quel'thalas have been told consistently that it was because of her feelings to her former kin. Plus getting elves into the horde would help too.

As for twisting Lor'themar's arm to put the blood elves into Northrend, Thrall mobilized all horde and likely would have had as much harsh words to say to Lor'themar if it was he who went to Quel'thalas and not her.

yes, it angers me they're pushing this more. no hero can just stand on their own, no, they need a fucking stupid ass romance. fucking ruins everything.

i hate sylvanas, i hate her and i hate the forsaken, but giving her a romance ruins a part of her.

but yeah, she's actively killing crusade members. it's far beyond time to kill the forsaken. i wish blizz would nut up and make them their own third faction already, just have the balls and do it, don't give a shit about fan outcry, just do it. have the ability for forsaken players to apply for a free race change if they don't want to leave the horde. there's no excuse for having them in the horde anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    but yeah, she's actively killing crusade members. it's far beyond time to kill the forsaken. i wish blizz would nut up and make them their own third faction already, just have the balls and do it, don't give a shit about fan outcry, just do it. have the ability for forsaken players to apply for a free race change if they don't want to leave the horde. there's no excuse for having them in the horde anymore.
    You know they will never do this. And im sure Every single forsaken was in on the plan to capture the blightcaller's cousin. Kill them all.
    Holy shit lol