Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Do you think you were something else in a previous life?

I get these weird subtle flashbacks of birds landing on me and making nests. Sometimes its other animals climbing up me.

PTSD from being passed out in a ditch?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    PTSD from being passed out in a ditch?
    I think I was a tree. I sometimes even dream about it, but the random flashbacks really makes me wonder sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we all have them. They are called "dreams".

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I believe in oblivion after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No. I believe in oblivion after death.
    I've always wondered about this. How do people come to terms with non-existence?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing, and there is nothing after death. You die, you're gone, you're kaput, so...no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    I've always wondered about this. How do people come to terms with non-existence?
    Pretty easy. I know there is nothing after I die. It's just done. I'm gone. The only thing I worry about is the family and friends I will leave behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There is no such thing, and there is nothing after death. You die, you're gone, you're kaput, so...no.

Pretty easy. I know there is nothing after I die. It's just done. I'm gone. The only thing I worry about is the family and friends I will leave behind.
    so you don't get subtle flashbacks of flying thru a forest hunting for mice?

Maybe you were an abandoned baby that was throw out of a car or worse a puppy
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/05/259886...-reincarnation

University of Virginia has a whole department dedicated to studying reported past life experiences in young children, there are apparently lots of cases of young children remembering details of a past life that are hard to explain. Of course, some of these kids could have been spoon-fed info by their parents/have an active imagination, but still.

Shrug. Who knows? Anything is possible (even if not probable).

10+ Year Old Account
    I try not to think about it. It's terrifying if you do.

No. I don't believe in past lives, or an afterlife for that matter.

I'm not asserting 100% they don't exist. But I don't think they do.

I'd imagine it's similar to what things were like before I was born, no matter one's beliefs regarding an afterlife.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same way I came to terms with the nothingness of existence before I was born. When it actually matters, you won't be aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I try not to think about it. It's terrifying if you do.
    Yeah, this is my approach.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope afterlife/reincarnation is real. I don't believe it is, but I hope it is. Would be cool to wake up as an alien in some other world after I die.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You don't have to worry about them either with that philosophy, that's the beauty of it, nothing matters. Certainly not in a 100 years time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You don't have to worry about them either with that philosophy, that's the beauty of it, nothing matters. Certainly not in a 100 years time.
    Well, I think about them, of course. If I were to die, today, at 34, I'd leave my partner behind and our two dogs that all would, no doubt, miss me very much. It's more of an empathetic thing over logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I hope afterlife/reincarnation is real. I don't believe it is, but I hope it is. Would be cool to wake up as an alien in some other world after I die.
    I think we go on in some sense. We still don't have a suitable explanation for consciousness.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I am aware of. But I do believe that physical death is not the end of us. And that belief is based on more than just Faith.