Thread: Male Skirts

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wat? I have no problem with this, and underneath one need wear nothing other than one's pride. Now, go make that dead badger on your sporan smile.

"I don't know where ye been, but I see that you won first prize!"
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    None of the men in those pictures look good

It almost has to be part of a bigger coat, or a kilt, theres a reason the Scots were able to pull it off, and its the plaid/belt that really makes it more manly.

Deleted
    What if you bend over with your skirt? Uh oh, you showed off your prime boi vegeta, ripe for the picking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    it's not very masculine, but if you're not interested in looking like a man go ahead (inb4 someone says what about kilts but that's entirely different)
    Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure this is still noticeably a man, a masculine man at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    None of the men in those pictures look good
    I think the bloke in the hat looks quite good

I actually think skirts look quite comfortable but I'm not sure that would extend to sitting down. This is an inevitable fashion trend though, we've already seen really long tees become popular and this is kind of an extension of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Yeah, you have to be of Scottish descent to get away with this, methinks.

Like Roddy!
    The Irish wear kilts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure this is still noticeably a man, a masculine man at that.
    A guy that jacked can get away with wearing that sort of thing.

How cherry picked do you wanna get tho
    Is it really cherry picked? He's wearing a skirt and he still looks like a masculine man. Masculinity isn't exactly determined by what clothing a man wears, but by certain behavioral and physical characteristics.

But a skirt is feminine
    Says who?
    Kind of sounds sexist
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Says the 99.999999% of people who wear skirts are female, and get outta here with sexist lol
    Skirts were originally male attire and much more common in the Western world at one point.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be shocked when this becomes the newest thing hipster
    Faggetts cling to in a few years. Like, Kanye west glasses level of cringe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I won't be shocked when this becomes the newest thing hipster
    Faggetts cling to in a few years. Like, Kanye west glasses level of cringe.
    Or using terms like "hipster" and "faggett".

Talking about cringe, lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Looks more like a loin cloth or something you wear to a beach; not everyday attire.

Maybe back in the day men wearing skirts didn't get any comments, but unless you're wearing a kilt and it's for special occasions, it's going to get some looks and you'll be considered feminine. That's how it is now. Just like women are considered masculine and/or feminists if they don't shave their legs and armpits. It was accepted awhile back, but isn't now.

Times change.
    So what you're saying is self entitled twats that give people shit about what they wear should take a history lesson? Got it.

Times change isn't an acceptable answer for someones personal prejudice, especially when it's as comical as giving 3 fucks about someones attire.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Looks more like a loin cloth or something you wear to a beach; not everyday attire.

Maybe back in the day men wearing skirts didn't get any comments, but unless you're wearing a kilt and it's for special occasions, it's going to get some looks and you'll be considered feminine. That's how it is now. Just like women are considered masculine and/or feminists if they don't shave their legs and armpits. It was accepted awhile back, but isn't now.

Times change.
    Doesn't seem like a proper equivalence. A better one would be women wearing pants. If women are not considered masculine for wearing pants, then men should not be considered feminine for wearing skirts. Especially considering that masculinity and femininity are not dictated by clothing. A masculine man will stand out as masculine regardless of what he's wearing, this is because he possesses behavioral and physical traits associated with masculinity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Yeah, you have to be of Scottish descent to get away with this, methinks.

Like Roddy!

I wear a kilt on occasion, I'm not Scottish. My GF thought I'd look good in one. She was right.

Also: Roddy was the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I don't care what other people where?

If you're going to where it, at least the first two dudes have some sort of style/flow going on. That last dude looks trash.
    wear*.

J'espère que tu viens pas d'un pays anglophone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really my style

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Yeah, because having it dangling is really comfortable when moving
    I have a loose fitting pair of jeans and when you end up sitting on your balls when jumping in your truck... no thanks.

No problem with it at all, each to their own on what they want to wear, I do particularly love a man in a kilt though, being Scottish I may be biased :P It's hella sexy!

Deleted
    But a skirt is feminine
    Since when? Men have been wearing skirts for ages.