Thread: Male Skirts

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Skirts no, kilts are cool thou.
    Being of Scottish ancestry, I'd love to get a kilt from my clan and learn how to play the bagpipes. I already have an affinity for scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Doesn't seem like a proper equivalence.
    Really?
    Not a whole lot of places that would find it acceptable work attire.
    Winter Blossom's post was how I see things.
    Times change. Sometimes they come full circle, and sometimes they just keep going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Also: Roddy was the man.
    Indeed. And for two weeks in 1988, he was the number one movie star in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Skirts were originally male attire and much more common in the Western world at one point.
    Tbh they were more for practicality not fashion, most male skirts were in hot climates.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if you want to wear skirts knock yourself out but like most fashion trends unless you're super attractive you usually just look a tit

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Tbh they were more for practicality not fashion, most male skirts were in hot climates.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if you want to wear skirts knock yourself out but like most fashion trends unless you're super attractive you usually just look a tit
    Nah I disagree, you don't have to be *conventionally attractive* to pull certain fashions off, you just have to have confidence and know how to work it, and that IS attractive in my opinion Its ok to not like something, but that doesn't mean they automatically look bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Indeed. And for two weeks in 1988, he was the number one movie star in the US.

He did a good job acting. And he appeared similar to a very muscular Michael Landon, which even as a straight guy I found appealing.

utilikilt

nice utility kilt

10+ Year Old Account
    Napoleon Solo doesn't approve...

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, though, the United States founding father's wore some freaky shit too. They were basically trying to look like old lady trannies with their powdered wigs and stockings and make-up, so who knows what men will be wearing in the next few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I don't care what other people where?

If you're going to where it, at least the first two dudes have some sort of style/flow going on. That last dude looks trash.
    wear* bruh, wear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    No and if a man i dated wore one that would be the end of it.
    Well it looks like he would be dodging a bullet with you anyways, perhaps you should just go ahead and let him free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kilts are manly. Skirts not so much.

I could rock the white one.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Kilts are manly. Skirts not so much.
    What about a tartan skirt?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather not people endure to look at my horrible legs :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

It wasn't that long ago that women in the West were expected to only wear dresses/skirts. A woman wearing pants would be as unusual as a man wearing a skirt or dress. Men not wearing skirts is just a long-term fashion trend. Sometimes a skirt would be more practical, or the wearer would just prefer to wear it. When someone says it's not "manly", that's BS. What they mean is "that's not conforming". In order for them to excuse wearing skirts, the skirt has to fit a "manly" exception, like being in a style called a kilt or a sarong*.

And I expect there's a correlation between people demanding conformity for what they view as "manly" and those "men's rights" assholes.
    *More often the excuse is just for a kilt, because you know, kilts are from Europe, and the people who have rigid demands for men's fashion also tend to have a fetish for "European" stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my thing but if you paid for it, wear what you want it doesn’t effect me in the slightest. I mean I consider kilts along the same lines.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nope. As much as they want to convince us that male skirts is a thing. It's not. It never has been. It never will. If someone runs around with a skirt, I'll go "Dude, that doesn't work... stop it." every single time. Every few years the fashion industry tries this. And every few years, we remember why only girls are into fashion. Because it's bullshit spoonfed into the easily impressed. Yes, gays... you're girls, too. Deal with it.

Kilts, that's the only acceptable thing even coming close to this. And even that I'd only tolerate true Scots to wear.
    What made you special again lol? Anyways, you contradicted yourself. You said only girls care about fashion, and that gay men are girls. You care enough to be certain ( its up there in the quote ) to tell a man you see in a skirt that it doesn't work. To come to that conclusion, you care. So are you the bottom or the top? Overly macho men tend to end up as bottoms, but hey I'm not judging, it is okay to be yourself homie, remember that. To further support this, you also say every few years, so it is important enough to remember... and to be vocal about... and using your previous logic... Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that the skirts you tried on were not very flattering and has left you bitter with that article of clothing.

TLDR; I think you are in the closet. I didn't have to voice my opinion, but I wanted to emulate you

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Utili kilts

Yes Utilikilts are the best kilts as comfortable kilts

Kilts are pretty damn manly, but even they're not the kind of thing a dude can suddenly adopt wearing out of the blue.

For all the advances in society, we remain pretty damn hardcore with our gender-normative expectations of each other.

If they aren't a true scotsman, they shouldn't wear a skirt or kilt.

/Nessie does a fins up
    /Nessie starts playing his bagpipes.

well i could rock a robe but a skirt/dress? i would look so ridiculous. i think its more about this then manliness, some attire just doesnt work for men.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?