Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral vs Boomkin ToS

Hey all, currently maining Boomkin and am possibly looking to switch back to feral for 7.2.5 and ToS. Do you think feral will be performing well vs Boomkin in ToS or does Boomkin still seem to be ahead? I know right now, I'm falling behind a lot in our mythic progression because of the lack of any kind of good ST for boomkins. What are yall's opinions?

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyLif3 View Post
    Hey all, currently maining Boomkin and am possibly looking to switch back to feral for 7.2.5 and ToS. Do you think feral will be performing well vs Boomkin in ToS or does Boomkin still seem to be ahead? I know right now, I'm falling behind a lot in our mythic progression because of the lack of any kind of good ST for boomkins. What are yall's opinions?
    the way it stands right now ToS looks to have a lot of the same things NH has and will limit boomkin the same way they are limited today. then again those limits are standard in most fights that are not patchwerk style fights no matter what instance we run

it is a little early to tell we may get some changes in 7.2.5. no way to make this determination prior to class tuning

Deleted
    Wait for 7.2.5 there seems to be coming posts about every spec each week whats gonna happen with it in 7.2.5 i would be surprised if feral didnt get the same treatment because that spec needs help in some sections

Deleted
    I have exactly the same feelings as you MaddyLif3 I was orignally a feral and have been playing boomkin this expansion although I havn't dabbled much with feral this expansion at all if it was looking good going into Tomb I'd certainly consider going over to that spec again interested see some others thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgorth View Post
    I have exactly the same feelings as you MaddyLif3 I was orignally a feral and have been playing boomkin this expansion although I havn't dabbled much with feral this expansion at all if it was looking good going into Tomb I'd certainly consider going over to that spec again interested see some others thoughts on this.
    yeah I do really miss feral, I just don't want to be gimped going into ToS, although, I'm still towards the bottom of our mythic progression in NH right now because of boomkin shortcomings.

Pretty much the same, feels bad when your moonkining your heart out, maximising every cd and opportunity, somehow even managing to pull off ED rotations when you have massive movement on fights. and your doing less dps than a tank.

meanwhile shadowpriests are melting faces with 1m+ dps and you heart sinks. ferals not much better afaik, so many things to juggle and you get fuck all out of it.

You are doing something wrong if you can't outdps a tank no matter what DPS spec in the game you're playing, and if you're using hyperbole that doesn't help anyone.

A feral in the hands of a good player can do really well atm. I can say from switching from Boomkin to feral mid-tier, that melee overall have it far easier than ranged to begin with, imo. I think feral is going to be top tier in ToS.

Feral if you want melee DPS and Boomkin if you want ranged DPS. Trying to figure out which one is more FOTM when 7.2.5 is looking to be a major balance patch is pointless.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Deleted
    If they don't fix core mechanical issues balance suffers from (which they probably won't), it still will be terrible on any movement or cleave fight compared to most other casters. Just look at the WLogs statistics on mythic at the moment, MK is dead last by a comfortable margin on anything that doesn't include heavy AOE padding. I'm done with that crap, I switched to my priest, at least it's fun to play even though it's not great in single target either. Feral seems to be doing pretty well for itself since the recent changes, but I have no idea how fun it is to play.

7.2.5 being a major class patch (similar to 7.1.5) and we also have the raid tuning hotfixes (that comes with pretty much every raid now).

Way too early to tell, though I say play what you enjoy and what your guild needs. Just remember that the stats between our two DPS specs is insanely different and require different sets of gear...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    7.2.5 being a major class patch (similar to 7.1.5) and we also have the raid tuning hotfixes (that comes with pretty much every raid now).

Way too early to tell, though I say play what you enjoy and what your guild needs. Just remember that the stats between our two DPS specs is insanely different and require different sets of gear...
    Eh not really. Feral does well with a good mixture of stats. And you can easily add more haste to the setup for boomkin with just trinkets and a cloak, which you need different versions of anyways.

Secondary stat value on DPS is far overstated in most situations.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I think your notion of what types of gearsets the average player has access to is more overstated.

Well just trying it out at 36 points in artifact I'm already crushing my ST numbers that I had in Boomkin, which is understandable. But yeah, gear wasn't really too hard to switch over, I had some good feral pieces as well, still wouldn't mind a little more crit for the haste though. My biggest thing is I need trinkets. I have a 900 chrono and I just rolled an 880 memento from relinquished token

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral is looking to be one of the top in ToS. It is really strong at the moment with a good player and decent gear.

Deleted
    unless you are going for world firsts. at which point feral and boomkin will not be wanted...

play what you enjoy. Both will be good enough given the gear and correct rotations etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyLif3 View Post
    Well just trying it out at 36 points in artifact I'm already crushing my ST numbers that I had in Boomkin, which is understandable. But yeah, gear wasn't really too hard to switch over, I had some good feral pieces as well, still wouldn't mind a little more crit for the haste though. My biggest thing is I need trinkets. I have a 900 chrono and I just rolled an 880 memento from relinquished token
    i don't think you're playing boomy right if you're parsing that low honestly.

I think thus far feral will be performing a bit better than in NH in 7.2.5 for the average player. I main resto but have been going feral for almost every raid in my guild for the past few weeks and I think with the new legendary ring and the FB buff things should be looking up. If you haven't played feral in awhile or ever, I'd suggest trying to switch over now outside of raids (or on farm nights) for practice and stack some crit gear up to ~30% and mastery. Going from resto to feral was difficult with my secondary stats being way off for feral was rough, but it's astounding how dependent they are on having a good amount of crit. Reminds me of how absurd balance was in WotLK, which was weirdly my favorite time to play a balance druid.

Thanks guys. Yeah I made the switch to feral and have been at the top of the charts on our mythic fights so far. I'm looking forward to ToS as feral for sure