Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Blizzard has been pushing the naga since vanilla and N'zoth non-stop in Cata. Do I expect it to be an expansion? Yes? Do I expect it to be the NEXT expansion? Well many in the community have been expecting it since TBC so at this point I am not getting hyped until I see an announcement.
    Patch 7.3 will lead the way. /crypticnonsense
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    My guess is that...

Entry Tier = Some Dreadlords that escaped Argus, and now plead themselves to Old God
    Second Tier = Azshara
    Final Tier = N'Zoth

First Tier = Azshara
    Second Tier = N'Zoth
    Third Tier = Return of the LK

Rumors have it, arthas visions are updated throughout BS in 7.2. warning of Bolvar/LK need to confirm this, though.

Of course we must deal with the LK for once and for all in the future an right now it seems we are played like pawns for his shemes ending all his possible enemies for him and the scourge. This implies of course that Bolvar got turned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    "This one underwater zone and blizzard pushing naga and Old Gods in our faces is the precedent for the south seas expansion!!!"

"The Zandalari returned! New old god lore! N'zoth must be next! South Seas!"

"When we get back from Draenor Azeroth will be invaded by naga and old gods!!"

Apart from Draenor, every expac since cata has featured at least something that points towards a south seas expansion.
    This time for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    This time for sure!
    Maybe it's time you made a concept of a south seas expansion

Kappa

Get ready for Cataclysm 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's time you made a concept of a south seas expansion

Kappa
    I already did.

Torra: http://goldenyak.com/images/fanart/torra_lone.png

Deleted
    At the prelaunch event have Nzoth consume the souls/flesh/plot device of the other 3 dead Old Gods (some old god minion speeches imply that they immortal Dispite being killable having the fact their souls/ power endures some middle of the road way to resolve that) . Say this gives him domain over all the Black Empire, imply this has been his plan every since there were imprisoned. N'Zoth being weaker in lore then previous raid bosses isn't an issue and still gets to maintain all his plotting.

"This one underwater zone and blizzard pushing naga and Old Gods in our faces is the precedent for the south seas expansion!!!"

Apart from Draenor, every expac since cata has featured at least something that points towards a south seas expansion.
    Your argument is well-taken, but I just don't see anything else there. They could of course pull another MoP or WoD, but it makes perfect sense to do a South Seas expansion.

Il'gynoth hints that the 5 Pillars of Creation are the 5 keys to "open our way." And that the Lord of Ravens will turn the key. It makes sense that Khadgar, who can turn into a raven, uses the Pillars to close the Tomb of Sargeras portal and unleashes the last forces of the Black Empire lead by N'Zoth. That and the fact that we have naga sent by Azshara in Azsuna and the Tomb of Sargeras.

Then of course we have Jaina who is MIA and is a great way to bring back Kul Tiras. Fleet Admiral Tethys showed that the Bloodsail Buccaneers still exist and are powerful. Gallywix got a new model and we're overdue for some goblin lore and Kezan is a great way to do it.

Slap on the Zandalari and we're tying up a lot of loose ends in an expansion that has variety and consistency.

Well, my best friend's cousin's girlfriend's ex's daughter's father's dog's previous owner has a friend that works at blizzard and I was told that the next expansion will be ser in the "Western kingdoms" past azuremyst isle.

Sorry, I always wanted to make one of these terribly unfunny trolls.

OT: Personally, I would be ok with a "filler" expansion made to develop new lore, you know the drill; new continent, new races, new conflict that doesn't revovle around the fate of azeroth. Who knows, maybe there is a continent where some of the members of the "mongrel horde" have evolved/acquired intelligence through Kaja'mite or another pool of titan blood. That would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I already did.

Torra: http://goldenyak.com/images/fanart/torra_lone.png
    Get on top of your memes right now! I said Kappa

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    Your argument is well-taken, but I just don't see anything else there. They could of course pull another MoP or WoD, but it makes perfect sense to do a South Seas expansion.

Il'gynoth hints that the 5 Pillars of Creation are the 5 keys to "open our way." And that the Lord of Ravens will turn the key. It makes sense that Khadgar, who can turn into a raven, uses the Pillars to close the Tomb of Sargeras portal and unleashes the last forces of the Black Empire lead by N'Zoth. That and the fact that we have naga sent by Azshara in Azsuna and the Tomb of Sargeras.

Then of course we have Jaina who is MIA and is a great way to bring back Kul Tiras. Fleet Admiral Tethys showed that the Bloodsail Buccaneers still exist and are powerful. Gallywix got a new model and we're overdue for some goblin lore and Kezan is a great way to do it.

Slap on the Zandalari and we're tying up a lot of loose ends in an expansion that has variety and consistency.
    I agree, however they should do it after the next expansion. The next expansion will suck badly.

Since the beginning of expansions we have had a good expac following a bad one and a bad one following a good one.

Tbc bad, wrath good, cata bad, mop good, wod bad, legion good. The next one will be bad and it would be a shame if it was the south seas one everyone has waited for so long.

7+ Year Old Account

It's more than South Seas. Go back and read some Sargeras lore.

• In the beginning there was Light and Void throughout the Great Dark. Where these forces touched, the Twisting Nether was created.
    • Sargeras, champion of the Titan Pantheon who worked to shelter and protect the Light, fought the demon-spawn that came spilling out of the Twisting Nether to threaten the Great Dark (sometimes channeling Void energies).
    • Sargeras imprisoned the demons in a pocket-dimension of his making called Mardum, and he and his pupil Aggramar spent millenia defending the Great Dark.
    • One day Sargeras came upon a nascient world-soul (like Azeroth) which had been utterly infested with Old Gods (protean flesh-behemoths, the corporeal embodiments of the Void), and he realized that the true plot of the Void was to corrupt an infant world-soul to birth a Dark Titan.
    • Sargeras destroyed the corrupted planet and rationalized that the only way to defend the universe was to purge it of all life so the Void would have no foothold, believing that life could begin anew later after the Void threat was dealt with.
    • He shattered the dimension of Mardum, which exploded with such massive contained Fel energy that it corrupted his form and turned him into the creature we now imagine (horns & all), and empowered the demons within, launching his Burning Crusade across the stars.

TL;DR The focal point of Sargeras' corruption is his belief that he was defending the universe from the Void, and specifically from them corrupting Azeroth, who the Pantheon believed to be the most powerful among them all. Every victory against the Legion is also a victory for the Void and I believe this is the crux of the next expansion. We will defeat Sargeras only for him to remind us how royally f***ed we all are, because his death is the red carpet for N'Zoth and the Void.
    Last edited by vondevon; 2017-04-25 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, however they should do it after the next expansion. The next expansion will suck badly.

Since the beginning of expansions we have had a good expac following a bad one and a bad one following a good one.

Tbc bad, wrath good, cata bad, mop good, wod bad, legion good. The next one will be bad and it would be a shame if it was the south seas one everyone has waited for so long.
    I don't think there is any trend. ppl are still bitching about Legion and so on and so forth. I really don't think it's as simple as you put it. Hell I remember people whining about Mists as well. The expansions are all flawed except maybe Wrath. At least on MMO most ppl view Wrath as a high point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Lets not forget that N'Zoth was the first of the Old Gods to be imprisoned. He was the youngest of the OGs, but he's basically been biding his time since well before the Sundering, and Azeroth's inhabitants have been reeeeal good at eliminating any competition from his brothers Yogg-Saron, C'Thun and Y'Shaarj.

Where every other Old God succeeded, only to be met thereafter with bitter defeat, N'Zoth has been there to quietly reap the benefits and learn from the failures of his brothers.

Also, Azshara has spent more time with the Old Gods than anyone else and I'm sure she has had plenty of opportunity to be empowered by them. That, and as someone else pointed out, sinking below the sea + gaining N'Zoth's favor means that she probably has just as much if not better access to the raw power that created the Well of Eternity (Titan blood) than she ever did as queen. Just sayin'

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an old, old man, all these new memes are weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    It's more than South Seas. Go back and read some Sargeras lore.

• In the beginning there was Light and Void throughout the Great Dark. Where these forces touched, the Twisting Nether was created.
    • Sargeras, champion of the Titan Pantheon who worked to shelter and protect the Light, fought the demon-spawn that came spilling out of the Twisting Nether to threaten the Great Dark (sometimes channeling Void energies).
    • Sargeras imprisoned the demons in a pocket-dimension of his making called Mardum, and he and his pupil Aggramar spent millenia defending the Great Dark.
    • One day Sargeras came upon a nascient world-soul (like Azeroth) which had been utterly infested with Old Gods (protean flesh-behemoths, the corporeal embodiments of the Void), and he realized that the true plot of the Void was to corrupt an infant world-soul to birth a Dark Titan.
    • Sargeras destroyed the corrupted planet and rationalized that the only way to defend the universe was to purge it of all life so the Void would have no foothold, believing that life could begin anew later after the Void threat was dealt with.
    • He shattered the dimension of Mardum, which exploded with such massive contained Fel energy that it corrupted his form and turned him into the creature we now imagine (horns & all), and empowered the demons within, launching his Burning Crusade across the stars.

TL;DR The focal point of Sargeras' corruption is his belief that he was defending the universe from the Void, and specifically from them corrupting Azeroth, who the Pantheon believed to be the most powerful among them all. Every victory against the Legion is also a victory for the Void and I believe this is the crux of the next expansion. We will defeat Sargeras only for him to remind us how royally f***ed we all are, because his death is the red carpet for N'Zoth and the Void.
    I think you need to look at the context of my post and who I quoted.
    People have been saying "south seas is definately next!!" for over 3 expansions. Why is it different this time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think you need to look at the context of my post and who I quoted.
    People have been saying "south seas is definately next!!" for over 3 expansions. Why is it different this time?
    I thought South Seas might be a possible next from Cataclysm due to the re-focus on the old world coupled with the prominence of Tol Barad. MoP sort of came out of the blue, as did WoD following it. I knew from MoP/WoD that the next expansion would be Legion-based, though; although WoD was also kind of left field it did tie-in to the events of MoP. Legion's focus on Azshara and the Naga have a similar "South Seas" feel to them, but I honest have no idea what they'll do next.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It would be funny to see Blizzard coming up with something out of the blue, like Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I thought South Seas might be a possible next from Cataclysm due to the re-focus on the old world coupled with the prominence of Tol Barad. MoP sort of came out of the blue, as did WoD following it. I knew from MoP/WoD that the next expansion would be Legion-based, though; although WoD was also kind of left field it did tie-in to the events of MoP. Legion's focus on Azshara and the Naga have a similar "South Seas" feel to them, but I honest have no idea what they'll do next.
    Don't get me wrong. I would like it really much. What tropical paradise islands would look like with todays graphics. Stranglethorn is my fav zone anything like it would be awesome.
    Having your own ship and travel between islands.
    Small randomly generated islands with stuff to do.
    Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I mean this time Malfurion blatantly said that the black army will rise from the depth. It could be the xpac after the next but it will certainly happen. Not neccessary SS but likely Sea-related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I mean this time Malfurion blatantly said that the black army will rise from the depth. It could be the xpac after the next but it will certainly happen. Not neccessary SS but likely Sea-related.
    It all depends how 7.3 ends

Warrior-Magi