View Poll Results: Do you know anyone who is incarcerated?

Voters
90. This poll is closed
  • Yes

30 33.33%
  • Yes, I've been previously incarcerated.

7 7.78%
  • No

53 58.89%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Do you know anyone who is incarcerated ?

I was looking at some figures and there is quite a significant number of people who are behind bars. Do you know anyone who is in prison? What are they there for? Have you ever visited a prison before?

15+ Year Old Account
    My uncle spent some months in prison for drunk driving 50 years ago. He is dead now though. Other than that, no, I don't personally know and want to be affiliated with anyone who has been in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've met and talked to a bunch of people who have been in prison before, not sure if you count that as "knowing" them. One for murder, one for arson of a bunch of kindergartens, one for assault, and a whole bunch for drug related crimes.

Visited a prison once.

10+ Year Old Account
    My aunt's ex husband was in prison for awhile but it didn't work out. And a guy I used to know got busted trafficking cocaine. Not sure how many years he got. Wasn't his first offense either.

Not currently, but I do know people who has done time for various reasons. This is in Finland and Sweden. I have not visited due to the very long travel to any prison from where I live and because I have my own life that goes on.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have a distant second cousin who is doing 25-to-life x2 for a double murder. Couldn't believe it when it happened - still can't to this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the US which likes to keep a good chunk of its citizens in prison, so I think it's almost impossible to not know anyone. So, yes, know people who have been incarcerated, although I don't know anyone who currently is.

I have been to a county jail as a visitor (for a program, not to visit someone) but never the inside of a prison. Only driving by outside.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I have been to a county jail as a visitor (for a program, not to visit someone) but never the inside of a prison. Only driving by outside.
    My friend did his middle school workplace internship (~13 years old) in a psych ward. His mom worked there as a nurse so that's how he got the job. He was mainly watching the patients from the surveillance room through cameras. I don't know how healthy it is a for a 13 year old person to see crazy people bang their heads at walls, masturbate violently and eat their own shit.

My internships were never that interesting though.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

In the US not much and in Colombia 10-30k pesos and you were free from almost all minor offenses. So the only relative I have that went to prision was my aunt who borrowed a lot of money to expand her truck business, however the interests were too high and the new trucks weren't paying themselves so she was sued, sent to prision and left with a debt of around $30k. Her parents sold their house, paid the debt and now they live in my grandmother's ( from my mother) house.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...that graph is amazing for a lot of reasons and not because the US is on top.

I know quite a few people who have gone to jail and/or prison. I work with people with mental disabilities, its not uncommon for them to end up in jail at one point or another. Some because of there being no appropriate mental facilities for them during incidents, others because they are dicks who don't care knowing they'll get right out.

Never visited on though. Everyone visits jail for a field trip in grade school but I was sick or something when my class went.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Hillary Clinton oh wait nevermind

Deleted
    No.

I only know of one person who's in prison, but don't know him personally. He's there for selling passports. Real ones, not fake passports.

My brother spent 7 years in prison for selling ecstasy, then during his arrest he assaulted a police officer. Since then he has turned his life around, got a degree in a high demand field and makes very good money. Just took a little detour in getting there.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

My uncle was apparently a bad ass. He died about a year ago, but he had spent several years in jail. He got into fights all the time and beat the shit out of people. He was a pretty big guy.

I think that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    My uncle spent some months in prison for drunk driving 50 years ago. He is dead now though. Other than that, no, I don't personally know and want to be affiliated with anyone who has been in prison.
    im not sure how it is in finland but they dont send people to prison for misdemeanors. maybe a few months in jail

Short answer, yes, many.

Longer answer, only one currently in jail.

Longerer answer, mostly non-violent drug crimes, plus a few for minor assault/battery charges (i.e., bar fight). The one in jail still is there for criminal fraud.

Never been in jail myself. Plan to keep it that way.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    im not sure how it is in finland but they dont send people to prison for misdemeanors. maybe a few months in jail
    Notice that this happened 50 years ago.

In Finland there are only one type of prisons. There isn't this jail vs prison difference.

Deleted
    I know someone who have been, isn't now.

I've known a couple of people, couple of friends have, some co-workers 10 years ago. It happens.

No, not that I know.
    I got a parking ticket once though...