Seems off-spec legendaries (specific) reset your BLP.

I was consistently getting a legendary after 2 weeks, on each char, always.

My route: EN/NH/ToV N+HC+Some Mythic, M+ each week (1-2), LFR on each char (not always fully cleared), every emissary, some mythic dungeons.

Just after last reset, I switched to blood spec (DK) and got the shoulders, which are specific to blood. My last frost legendary happened...4 weeks ago now.

On last reset, I was supposed to get a frost legendary. Might be unlucky, but it seems my blood legendary reset my drop chances on the frost.

I'm now 4 weeks without a legendary and afaik, Blizzard said that spec-specific legendaries won't reset other specs' drop rates.

Any ideas? Perhaps I'm missing something Blizz said.
    Last edited by cocacolawheresthesoda; 2017-04-27 at 12:00 PM.

You are indeed missing something. The way the system works (simplifying it here for ease) is that your first legendary should be the easiest to acquire, the second will be a little harder, and then 3+ beyond all have the same drop rate.

So with the new system, if you're a fresh 110 frost DK, and you get 2 frost specific legendaries with your increased drop chance on the first and second, when you switch to blood you will have the same increased drop chance for your first two legendaries. Regardless of what spec you are, your BLP will always reset after acquiring a legendary.

The purpose of the change that Blizzard implemented is so if you decide to change specs, you will have two functional legendaries for your spec as soon as possible.