Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Atm, Illidan is soo cool

I've got to admit, i've really been enjoying 7.2 and Illidan is an awesome character in this.. love his attitude, his cocky arrogance over the legion, and yes he doesn't like them at all.

Funny how he and Maiev's language are quite similar, but Illidan pulls it off so much better. Legion filth etc. He bears the scars of fel on him, but unlike the felborne, it's not something he took over some deceived messed up admiration of the leigon like culitst do or greedy lust for power like his elven felborne kin did.. whiles their madness fills us with loathing for them with that look, on him and the demon hunters, though scarred it's a mark of honor for the sacrficie they made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Im honestly not sure if you are serious or not

Illidan has always been cocky. Always liked his character, and still do. Glad to see him around more .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think he's pretty.

I especially like his 10000 year old elven track pants.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Cocky characters are the best in general.

https://youtu.be/qRTQBt9xIE8

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Emodin crying about his unrequited love (tyyrrrandeeee). Meh never like this guy.

Illidan used to be cool, but now it saddens me to see him as some quest giver giving the most random clean up chores whenever I fly near a world quest.

He doesn't like murlocs fak him... :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've chuckled at a few of his VO's on the Broken Shore, I think my personal favorite has been: "Intimidation is a tool of the Legion. Intelligence is not." My only issue with Illidan is that nearly everything he says, even what seems like casual conversation, is delivered with an overly dramatic flair that borders on the ultraviolet at times - similar issue with Odyn (in his Keeper form) as he seems like he's always delivering a speech at a warrior rally even if he's just relaying exposition.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

He's neither a likable nor a particularly interesting character. Should have stayed dead. I guess Arthas and Maiev/Players cutting off his balls wasn't enough.
    But then again it's the fan-service expansion after all. Anything is possible.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Im honestly not sure if you are serious or not
    How can anyone not be serious about the coolness of our Lord and Savior, Saint Kerrilldan-heika?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've chuckled at a few of his VO's on the Broken Shore, I think my personal favorite has been: "Intimidation is a tool of the Legion. Intelligence is not." My only issue with Illidan is that nearly everything he says, even what seems like casual conversation, is delivered with an overly dramatic flair that borders on the ultraviolet at times - similar issue with Odyn (in his Keeper form) as he seems like he's always delivering a speech at a warrior rally even if he's just relaying exposition.
    That's because Kerrilldan's role as teh Chosen One requires a large supply of LARGE HAM. It's not the trope/hero WoW needs, but it's the one it deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    He's neither a likable nor a particularly interesting character. Should have stayed dead. I guess Arthas and Maiev/Players cutting off his balls wasn't enough.
    *Continues jerking off to his head-canon theories that Blizzard so awfully didn't go with*
    -Every lore nerd that hates the new lore

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    How can anyone not be serious about the coolness of our Lord and Savior, Saint Kerrilldan-heika?
    If you are under too many layers of irony, eventually they will crush your very soul. And cult of illidan is clearly at that point.

Also, illidan is embodiment of WoW. He is like thrall but stronger.

This is why so many games suck. People have no clue what's good or bad anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Pretty much. I liked him more when he wasn't a misunderstood Chosen One. Far as character development goes there is no growth, nor change. He sets out as "The One," he is repeatedly told that his methods are too brash, too violent, and ill-conceived. He keeps pushing ahead, and eventually gets defeated by the heroes for being horrible. In comes this expansion and he gets completely vindicated and his methods are validated, and the heroes are the bad guys for mistreating The Chosen One, as if the heroes should have realized that horrible methods are the right way.

In that effect, Illidan breaks the established trope of WoW and a lot of other fantasy where playing with terrible powers leads to terrible or unforeseen effects. The most prominent of that to me is Arthas, but there are other characters in the lore that overreach their abilities and get bit by that. Illidan plays with terrible powers, commits genocide and various atrocities, and in the end is rewarded with being The Hero.

Deleted
    I prefered him as the villain, right now as a warlock he makes it so easy to hate him.

Im glad that it's still the same voice after all these years...unlike fucking kil jaeden..

Illidan is just a 2edgy4me tryhard who Blizzard is making into the ultimate savior. He's just Kerrigan.

I'd much rather he be dead with the shit story BC had for him rather than this mess we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkarri View Post
    I prefered him as the villain, right now as a warlock he makes it so easy to hate him.
    Yeah, weird that a guy devoted to destroying the burning legion doesn't approve of those who work with demons right?

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    *Continues jerking off to his head-canon theories that Blizzard so awfully didn't go with*
    -Every lore nerd that hates the new lore
    Or, and stay with me here, we legitimately don't like it. We don't like the 6th graderesque storyline of the chosen one and Illidan's unstoppable righteousness that they've retconned all of his backstory into being. Or all the fanservice wank about Sylvanas (whoops here come the SDF) or the ridiculous flimsy reasoning for WoD (Which ultimately was just getting another Gul'dan to our universe). Or the complete abandonment of character development for people who should be in Legion and aren't (Wrathion -- whose entire existence was about the Legion's return and isn't in the fucking Legion expansion).