Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is the friend zone really a thing?

I have some friends complaining about it. I told them to move on, but they keep saying they keep getting friend zoned. Is it a real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I have some friends complaining about it. I told them to move on, but they keep saying they keep getting friend zoned. Is it a real thing?
    It's a real thing, but it's not like women are doing anything wrong. Honest to god he could just not be their type, but still a cool guy they want to be friends with.

Then again types are stupid, you'll never be truly happy if you don't go outside your arbitrary bounds even a little bit. Someone who only dates blue eyed blonds could miss the love of his life because she's a brunette etc.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

It isn't. It's an excuse for not being able to get pussy. Instead of admitting you fail to get pussy because you suck ass, and do something about it, you misdirect that to the pussy owners, and blame them for your failure.

Girls aren't attracted to you enough to sleep with you, but they don't hate you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I say it only exists in the mind of the one who claims to be in it.

No one puts one into the friend zone, one puts themself in the friend zone.

As you said, the best thing to do is to just move on and stop pining for a woman who does not share your feelings.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I half expected this to be a Jaylock thread, I'm pleasantly surprised.

OT: No idea if it's a "real" thing or just a "mental" thing, but either way I personally don't care, just move on and deal with it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    It isn't. It's an excuse for not being able to get pussy. Instead of admitting you fail to get pussy because you suck ass, and do something about it, you misdirect that to the pussy owners, and blame them for your failure.
    Oh boy, another one of these.

Deleted
    The Friendzone stops existing the moment you stop viewing women as different from men.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it sure could be! Some people are very, VERY bad at showing their true emotions.
    And sure there might be ladies out there who take staring@boobs for a somekind of mark of affection, but some people are just good mannered x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Oh boy, another one of these.
    If tou decode the "Alpha Speak" he isn't exactly wrong. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I say it only exists in the mind of the one who claims to be in it.

No one puts one into the friend zone, one puts themself in the friend zone.

As you said, the best thing to do is to just move on and stop pining for a woman who does not share your feelings.
    To a degree I agree. There are times though where no matter how good you are, how attractive etc. maybe you're not attractive to her. It happens but it's no biggy. People blow these problems out of proportion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure. If one person wants a relationship/sex and the other just wants to be friends, that's the friend-zone.

Deleted
    It's probably a result of their incompetent courting skills. But I don't rule out their targets being complicit and knowingly exploiting their misery.

If tou decode the "Alpha Speak" he isn't exactly wrong. Lol
    Maybe, but there's no guy in the world who can score any girl they walk up to, but that wouldn't make me say that they're incompetent or they suck lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The Friendzone stops existing the moment you stop viewing women as different from men.
    Are you suggesting the theory of friendzone only applies to men who seek women?

its real in the sense that it does exist in the minds of some people

most girls arnt diabolically plotting which guys belong in the friend zone and which dont

this whole red pill bullshit is nonsense, sure they have the most important design philosophy which is "confidence is king" but they bring it very deep into the overconfident stage which is as much of a turn off for women as being a creep is

Are you suggesting the theory of friendzone only applies to men who seek women?
    It's a bit weird when people think that. I've definitely friend zoned some women, they're cool as hell but not people I'd pursue a relationship with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    To a degree I agree. There are times though where no matter how good you are, how attractive etc. maybe you're not attractive to her. It happens but it's no biggy. People blow these problems out of proportion.
    I agree with that.

Deleted
    No it isn't.

People use it as some sort of excuse just because other people - generally women - doesn't want to instantly jump in bed with them.

Sensible people actually understand that men and women sometimes just want to be friends. It's not more complicated than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I wasn't trying to sleep with men.