Question M Star Augur- Low DPS Need Help (with logs)

Hello! We are very close to our Mythic Augur first kill. 9% is our best pulls, got feared which caused grand trine on the last signs we had to do.... however our dps is very low. We are able to 1 tank 3 heal so it helps make up for it, but most logs I see people are all above 700k dps. We are even using vantus runes and still have 8 dps below 700k. Are we doing something wrong or what in the world is going on with our dps.... if anyone is comfortable reviewing logs I would really appreciate it, and I can guide said dps here to read.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...F8fp7#fight=31

That is our best pull - there are some 5:30 deaths but they were brezed so can't explain the low dps away by early deaths (though obviously those deaths need fixed).

Need help with:
    Elemental Shaman
    Enhance Shaman
    Hunter - MM and BM
    Ret Paladin
    Boomkin
    DH
    Frost Mage

Are my expectations unrealistic to be above 700k this boss? Are we doing something to hurt people's dps? Thank you in advance for any help.

I can only speak about the elemental shaman, but were are a few things right off the bat:

1. Only 21 elemental blast cast, given the length of the fight and factoring in the cast time he should have ~27 in optimal conditions, but probably >= 24 realistically.

2. Flame shock uptime, he only had 87% on auger. This should be >= 98%.

3. Odd choice of level 100 talent. Both Icefury and Ascendance outperform lightning rod on this fight. Icefury moreso because of the movement heavy nature of the fight.

4. Not the biggest thing, but his totem uptime was only 90%, like flame shock that should be >= 98%

Finally, he is pretty close to 700k on that log, so maybe adjusting some of these minor things may help him

Deleted
    seems like you have enough dps to kill the boss but yeah, some players you mentioned are lacking quite some dps

if they want to improve their dps, they can find help/guides in discord channels:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...cord-channels/

for mages altered-time.com is also great

you can tell the frost mage/s to use ice block for fel ejections
    and then reset ice block with cold snap in case they get another one

#showtooltip Ice Block
    /stopcasting
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /cast Ice Block

that's a) dps gain and b) less green puddles for raid

not really worth using iceblock for icy ejection, unless healers are having trouble healing it

faire also seems to have trouble with double icelancing after flurry (or he just doesn't know about it)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&end=10619643

basically if you have bloodlust + icy veins active you have to use 2x icelance after each flurry
    Last edited by mmocd21b4bac89; 2017-04-25 at 04:34 PM.

I don't know if dps is your problem per se. Our dps is lower than yours and we killed it. Here's our log https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3pTr7#fight=15

This fight is mostly execution now. It used to be a dps check but not really anymore, we found 4-healing it easier for safety.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-04-27 at 04:20 AM.

You shouldn't worry about overall dps. The current dps check is to avoid the second fire nova in P3, which you are doing it right.

So first you need to select only damage done in P4:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&phase=4

In my opinion, DPS is not a problem for you. If you are able to pass P3 with only one fire nova, your dps should be enough for P4.

In this log, you had 3 deaths in the first minute inside P4, these are avoidable and will heavily impact your DPS. But the wipe was due to Grand Tirine/Conjunction.

With this DPS you should expect to have at least 2 conjunctions in P4 and most probably a third one at the last seconds before the kill, and you will need to decide if you should burn the boss or do the conjunction mechanics for that last one(3rd conjunction).

So basically, you should only worry about DPS if you are doing all the mechanics right in P4 and you are still wiping. Focus on the big eyes calls ( "door safe" and "corridor safe" are a good choice). Also, being able to quickly kill the "things that should not something" can help a lot.

Remember, second Conjunction in P3 is a mess, because you will have to deal big add fear and conjunction at same time.... and shortly after that you'll need to start looking for the big eye that appears 3~5 seconds after the conjunction.

Anyways - regarding the warlock - I can say that you warlock dps is good. But he might help more if he switch target to the big adds. And going Soul Harvest might help to burst down the second big add, responsible for the messy part explained above.

Quote Originally Posted by crysilaero View Post

Anyways - regarding the warlock - I can say that you warlock dps is good. But he might help more if he switch target to the big adds. And going Soul Harvest might help to burst down the second big add, responsible for the messy part explained above.
    I agree 100% I know how sexy it is to sit there tunneling the boss and keeping WoC up, but there is no reason he can't switch during a dot refresh and get everyone back on the boss quicker

I wouldnt look at one pull only, the fight can screw people badly, melee getting multiple icy or fel ejections, especially during CDs and his dps is history or people sacrificing personal uptime on boss/add just to get safer conjunctions etc

were "stuck" on him aswell, getting 2-3% wipes at this point, but we panic too much and die around the time second conjunction goes off, either someone gets feared and goes allahu akbar or people die to the following eye and usually tank gets rekt after the second fear on second add, we try to ignore the second add, but with usually 9 melee, conjunctions drop our raid dps pretty badly in p3. would be interested in suggestions if we should keep trying to kill only one add or switch to the second, which spawns at like 450M remaining on augur. for reference https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1

I know you didn't ask about the rogue but I'm going to chime in any way. He isn't leveling his artifact properly. After getting his golden trait the next trait should be the Master Assassin one, he hasn't put any point in it at all. He is using draught wrong. After the nerf to the legendary shoulders, it's no longer optimal to use draught during the 100% crit window. Instead he should spam as much mutilates and envenoms as he can. Even so he is using wrong too. He is saving it for every vanish and basically losing casts on it in favor of 100% crit draughts which is really bad. Draught cd is 1:10 while vanish is 2mins. He basically has 50 seconds where he isn't using it but could.

If he stops doing it during the crit buff he would see more damage done by it. Also he should not really use draught in the first place. Draught is a great trinket on shorter fights (3-4 mins) after that other trinkets such as Front, Foci or memento outperform it simply due to the fact that they give flat agility as opposed to Haste which is our worst stat. Front is by far the best trinket he could use but even if he doesn't have it at a reasonable item level the other ones I mentioned work too.

His rupture and garrote uptime needs work. He has a big window where his rupture, garrote and AP dropped off fully which shouldn't happen. He wasn't dead so I don't know what it was. Even if it is during a Fel Nova or something he could refresh them before he moves out so that they don't drop off. I'm assuming you are killing the first add in p3 and ignoring the 2nd one. If that is the case, if his cooldowns are up he should burst the add if not however there is no point in him switching since he will do very little damage on him and lose too much on the boss. In the fight you linked he did barely 12 mil dmg on the add which means his cooldowns were not up. That is how much I did on one of our tries and comparing it to the 36million i did when my cds were ready it goes to show it's not really worth switching, especially since he has the bracers (30% dmg increase on targets below 30%).

Here are my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...2435615/latest

I'm also using the same legendaries so things aren't that much different for us.

Deleted
    On your best attempts you wiped to max of Voidburst, The big Eye and Grand Trine, how will more dps help you kill this exactly, you can't skip every mechanic.

Your BM hunters aren't spec'd Dire Frenzy, they are spending focus too much before CDs.

Your extremely low DH is specd into Chaos Cleave and not First Blood(can look at damage gain from those from the other DH and hes losing so much damage not using First Blood).

Your Moonkin needs to study up on how to play with ED Helm. His uptime on 2 stacks is so extremely poor.

Your dps is like 20% higher than what was needed prior to nerfs, you are just standing in shit and stuff like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crysilaero View Post
    You shouldn't worry about overall dps. The current dps check is to avoid the second fire nova in P3, which you are doing it right.

So first you need to select only damage done in P4:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&phase=4
    Is this the Standard strat right now? We just started with Augur and i suggested just to use BL in the fel Phase to avoid the 2nd fel nova + conjunction overlap, but our raidlead decided it would not be worth it ^.^ How many adds would you kill? 2?

We are using 1 Tank and 4 Healers right now.
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2017-04-26 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Is this the Standard strat right now? We just started with Augur and i suggested just to use BL in the fel Phase to avoid the 2nd fel nova + conjunction overlap, but our raidlead decided it would not be worth it ^.^ How many adds would you kill? 2?

We are using 1 Tank and 4 Healers right now.
    My guild killed it 2 days ago. We used 2 tanks and 4 healers. Our strat was we push Fel phase without hero before 3rd fel nova. Honestly the second one is pretty easy to manage since you only get 8 marks instead of 16 from Grand Conjunction. We hero p3 to burn first add and then ignore the second one. We tried heroing p2 but it just wasn't worth it. Our dps was more than enough anyway so we decided it's better to save it for p3.

Here is the logs from our kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Yup both strats are viable, hero P2 or hero P3... just choose the one that fits your team's strengths

Quote Originally Posted by KalinPopov View Post
    My guild killed it 2 days ago. We used 2 tanks and 4 healers. Our strat was we push Fel phase without hero before 3rd fel nova. Honestly the second one is pretty easy to manage since you only get 8 marks instead of 16 from Grand Conjunction. We hero p3 to burn first add and then ignore the second one. We tried heroing p2 but it just wasn't worth it. Our dps was more than enough anyway so we decided it's better to save it for p3.

Here is the logs from our kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Nice kill! Looking at this one, another dps check is to kill boss before (or soon after) 4th cast of Witness the Void from the 2nd add if you lust in p3. That 4th cast will be +300% dmg.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2017-04-26 at 08:55 PM.

We just got to this boss and only had a couple of pulls (sorry for hijacking a bit!)

What are the timings people generally want to hit now?
    x icy ejections / x conjunctions in fel phase etc?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    We just got to this boss and only had a couple of pulls (sorry for hijacking a bit!)

What are the timings people generally want to hit now?
    x icy ejections / x conjunctions in fel phase etc?

Thanks
    Don't know about anyone else, but on our first kill last week the only important dps marks to hit (2 tank 4 heal) were phase before the third conjunction in Frost and Fel phases, and kill each Thing That Should Not Be before its third Witness the Void cast. Fight is all just doing mechanics properly besides that.

We ended up skipping the third set of icy ejections half the time, but with nothing else going on they aren't overly dangerous. Our dps sucks so we lusted in fel phase to avoid a third nova/conjunction because it's a clusterfuck. With lust we beat the third conjunction by 9 seconds.

The second witness the void cast of the second add is awful because it coincides with void nova and world devouring force, advice: blow every personal and raid cooldown you've got on it.

Video if it helps to see how baddies like us handled it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qPc0sIypDo
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-04-27 at 04:26 AM.

Deleted
    Not sure if it'll help - but I'd advise lusting in P3 so you can skip the second add if you're dying to add mechanics.

We had to pick between skipping a nova in the fel phase or the add entirely if we saved lust. I've not combed over your logs, but I'd presume it's similar.