Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree. But in this case, I think it does make a difference. http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/04/2...william-orrick
    The constitution is pretty clear that congress, not the president, is responsible for distributing funds. So any attempt to sanction US cities by the president would be unconstitutional.

I thought conservatives liked the constitution or was it only the 2nd amendment that you liked?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The constitution is pretty clear that congress, not the president, is responsible for distributing funds. So any attempt to sanction US cities by the president would be unconstitutional.

I thought conservatives liked the constitution or was it only the 2nd amendment that you liked?
    You may be right. We shall see what happens. And no, I am agreement with all the Constitution...silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost as if the President had little to no budgetary powers.

Weird. Next you're going to tell me that Congress is the one with the ability to declare war!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's almost as if the President had little to no budgetary powers.

Weird. Next you're going to tell me that Congress is the one with the ability to declare war!
    Nah, Congress is the one with the power to weakly wag their finger at the president for going to war without their approval.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Nah, Congress is the one with the power to weakly wag their finger at the president for going to war without their approval.
    We need to force feed Congress that bone growth potion from Harry Potter, or send them see the Wizard of Oz to get their spine/balls back respectively.

hell hopefully congress wakes up and with holds funding as well to these cities.....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    hell hopefully congress wakes up and with holds funding as well to these cities.....
    That could be another area the US can be #1 in.

#1 Nation in putting economic sanctions on their own citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Just because someone is liberal doesn't make them wrong.
    Doesn't make them right ether, that's for the supreme court to decide on.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Not possible as long as the filibuster exists in the senate.

Lawless cities need to be punished. Cutting their funding is basically a warning. If they continue breaking the law the mayors of these lawless cities will be arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Lawless cities need to be punished. Cutting their funding is basically a warning. If they continue breaking the law the mayors of these lawless cities will be arrested.
    They aren't breaking any laws.

That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works.

Why do you hate freedom so much? Sad!

7+ Year Old Account
    The best part is that the sanctuary cities may be able to cite the Obamacare Medicaid expansion ruling in that the federal government can't coerce the states in something at that level.

With this ruling I wonder if any where would attempt to lower the drinking age. For the same process is used with federal highway funds. Such that no drinking under 21 or else no federal highway funds. Which this was be a sanctuary city receive no federal funds. Same deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The best part is that the sanctuary cities may be able to cite the Obamacare Medicaid expansion ruling in that the federal government can't coerce the states in something at that level.
    Actually check the federal highway funding, and how it is tied to the drinking age.

10+ Year Old Account
    State rights isn't just faux call when a democrat is in office. It actually has constitutional backing, when infringement actually occurs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Actually check the federal highway funding, and how it is tied to the drinking age.
    May I have a link to what you are talking about?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fede...ay_Act_of_1956
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_Trust_Fund
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

What section of the Constitutions deals with giving money to the states?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Exactly. This will be appealed all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary. And they will have the final say. Not some liberal judge.
    yeah....10 years from now....and thats IF the supreme court decides to hear the case
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Found!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nati...inking_Age_Act

The National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984 (23 U.S.C. § 158) was passed by the United States Congress on July 17, 1984.
    Now check the OP Judges justification.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    That is not how the Supreme Court works.
    It is when the Left does it.

This must be like a parody account, cause everything I read from you sound daft or backwards