Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.2 Artifact Path - Holy Paladin

Hi,

after looking into the artifact changes come 7.2 some things are unclear to me.

Do we have to max out the 3/4 traits to be able to select new traits? Wowhead's calculator makes the new ones already selectable whith 3/4.
    If we are not forced to max out, whats the cookie cutter way to spend the refunded ap on to get the best out of the new artifact?

Thanks in advance

Mag

You can learn the new traits immediately. The only requirement is having 35 (all old traits and one point in the old bonus traits). You can then freely choose to pursue the new traits or put a 4th point in the old ones.

thanks for clearing that up!

Anybody care to share their artifact path for when 7.2 hits live?

i was thinking of something along the lines of bit.ly/2n66ej6

I think I'm going to pick up the martyr one and switch my DoS with maraads and see how that feels, been wanting to try it but feel guilty not using DoS, but that changes in 7.2

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I haven't really thought about it all that much, but it is certainly a topic worth discussing. After having a look, I think I'll go with:

1. Light of the Silver Hand
    2. Shock Treatment
    3. Deliver the Light
    4. Second Sunrise
    5. Expel Darkness
    6. Tyr's Munificence
    7. Tyr's Munificence
    8. Tyr's Munificence
    9. Stoicism
    10. Sacred Dawn
    11. Justice through Sacrifice
    12. Focused Healing
    13. Knight of the Silver Hand
    14. Blessings of the Silver Hand
    15. Share the Burden
    16+. Concordance of the Legionfall

Would love feedback if anyone else was thinking something different.

I can't say I've done any math, but it seems like any spec should immediately go for 1 point in concordance before filling in the rest of the 3/4 traits.

You can't put any points into concordance of the legionfall until you have fully unlocked all the new traits and the extra 4th point on all the previous traits which requires a total of 1.7 billion ap so your plan to rush straight into the 1st point of concordance of legionfall is pretty much not possible.

I was under the impression you could start putting points in Concordance as soon as you got the new golden trait. Not being able to do so until you finish the rest of the 3/4 traits makes more sense, though.

as i understand the system, 60040200 ap will be refunded (the 20 points in silver touch) and we will be left with 34 points already spent and the new 1-point silver touch not being selected right?

so the next 5 points to spend will still be in budget. we'll be able to set the next (6th) point after earning additional 5510000 ap.
    We will surely put 1 point in the new "silver touch" and spending the next for the "light of the silver hand", which leaves us with 3 points left.
    If this assumption is correct, it'd be very interesting to know where to spend those 3 points on to get the best out of the traits, the artifact and future traits.

does the new trait branch really offer more compared to the current branch? of course one will be able to unlock the new traits sooner if we immediately start to invest in the new traits, but then again boosting the old ones could be a very good gain ,too considering the grind we have to go through to unlock future traits. i really dunno .
    Last edited by Magneto; 2017-03-23 at 12:13 PM.

now that things have gone live any holy pallys care to share their artifact path?

MY path would be:

Light of the Silver Hand > Justice through Sacrifice > Tyr Munificence > Stoicism > Sacred Dawn > Second Sunrise > Shock Treatment > Clear the rest

My Relics are 3/3 Justice through Sacrifice, I have 25% Leech and 10% Versatility 35% Crit 40% Mastery and 15% Haste.

I'm blown away by people prioritizing LoTM enhancing traits. My path will be something like this:

2. Shock Treatment
    3. Deliver the Light
    4. Tyr's Munificence
    5. Tyr's Munificence
    6. Tyr's Munificence
    7. Tyr's Munificence
    8. Expel Darkness
    9. Second Sunrise
    10. Stoicism
    11. Sacred Dawn
    12. Justice through Sacrifice
    13. Focused Healing
    14. Share the Burden
    15. Blessings of the Silver Hand
    16. Knight of the Silver Hand
    17+ Concordance of the Legionfall

Quote Originally Posted by Timadin View Post
    I'm blown away by people prioritizing LoTM enhancing traits. My path will be something like this:

2. Shock Treatment
    3. Deliver the Light
    4. Tyr's Munificence
    5. Tyr's Munificence
    6. Tyr's Munificence
    7. Tyr's Munificence
    8. Expel Darkness
    9. Second Sunrise
    10. Stoicism
    11. Sacred Dawn
    12. Justice through Sacrifice
    13. Focused Healing
    14. Share the Burden
    15. Blessings of the Silver Hand
    16. Knight of the Silver Hand
    17+ Concordance of the Legionfall
    Not sure if you're being cynical or not. But if it is so...

Then I suggest you understand that my gearing is tailored for LoTM. Which has a superior HPS and HPM compared to conventional playstyle, with near minimal casting. Doubt it for all you want I don't expect people to easily understand it nor would want anyone to, which could only lead dev's to nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Popura View Post

Then I suggest you understand that my gearing is tailored for LoTM. Which has a superior HPS and HPM compared to conventional playstyle, with near minimal casting. Doubt it for all you want I don't expect people to easily understand it nor would want anyone to, which could only lead dev's to nerf it.
    You must not be a Mythic raider, all that damage you or others have to heal back, and it isn't even included in your effective healing since it's not damage from the boss.

I was not being cynical. I simply prefer a better play style. LoTM is one of our worst heals, it's hardly even debatable, sure it has its uses but building around it and claiming superior HPS is blasphemy. Feel free to play the game however you wish, but don't go spouting lies about how superior it is.
    Last edited by Timadin; 2017-03-29 at 12:19 AM.

Care to provide logs for this claim of superiority?

I'm not sure if you guys are ignorant of how leech functions. When you heal a target leech returns the amount equal to your leech.

True that a 0% Leech person who LotMs for 900k would only have 450k effective healing, but with 25% leech you would have 675k healing pre 7.2. Factor in versatility (5% reduction), damage reduction from judging and stoicism (7.5% reduction to the 50% cost) in 7.2 your effective heal goes up to around 780-800k.

Baseline LoTM has a higher multiplier than FoL, it has stronger trait to buff it 5% per trait. Better HPM and HPS for ST/Low beacon efficiency. And I never said you should throw FoL out of the rotation. FoL is still useful when your beacons benefit fully from your heals. FoL is still superior with IoL.

If FoL doesn't overheal and you can sustain using it non stop for long encounter times then by all means go ahead.

Deleted
    Artifact trait path in 7.2: Unlock the new traits, put first point in Light of the Silver Hand (10% healing), then Shock Treatment > Deliver the Light > Second Sunrise > Expel the Darkness > continue in the new tree ignoring the other 4/4 options. If you had 54 traits pre-patch you will be able to get Second Sunrise until needing a little more AP for Expel the Darkness.

Taken from teh Hammer of Wrath discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Artifact trait path in 7.2: Unlock the new traits, put first point in Light of the Silver Hand (10% healing), then Shock Treatment > Deliver the Light > Second Sunrise > Expel the Darkness > continue in the new tree ignoring the other 4/4 options. If you had 54 traits pre-patch you will be able to get Second Sunrise until needing a little more AP for Expel the Darkness.

Taken from teh Hammer of Wrath discord.
    Instead of second sunrise I went for Tyrs Munificence. I feel like that'll be way more beneficial since it'll turn our artifact ability into a fairly decent healing cd when its at 4/4.

Aside from that though I did everything else the same way.

I'm not sure if you guys are ignorant of how leech functions. When you heal a target leech returns the amount equal to your leech.

True that a 0% Leech person who LotMs for 900k would only have 450k effective healing, but with 25% leech you would have 675k healing pre 7.2. Factor in versatility (5% reduction), damage reduction from judging and stoicism (7.5% reduction to the 50% cost) in 7.2 your effective heal goes up to around 780-800k.

Baseline LoTM has a higher multiplier than FoL, it has stronger trait to buff it 5% per trait. Better HPM and HPS for ST/Low beacon efficiency. And I never said you should throw FoL out of the rotation. FoL is still useful when your beacons benefit fully from your heals. FoL is still superior with IoL.

If FoL doesn't overheal and you can sustain using it non stop for long encounter times then by all means go ahead.
    Still patently waiting for some logs to prove how "superior" this playstyle is.