Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your favourite "Hero's Death"

There are many ways for a hero to die...

Heroic Sacrifice - Varian Wrynn, Broxigar etc. They give their life protecting their companion, buying time for them to escape/delay the Legion.

Treachery - Highlord Morgraine, Saurfang Jr etc. Backstabbing family/allies are the only way to bring these tough guys down.

In Vain - Vol'jin. watched brave heroes die in vain. Vol'jin's death pissed a lot of people off because it feels a character's potential wasted, but sadly, that's the truth for a lot of heroes, be it history or fantasy.

Corrupted - Arthas, Garrosh etc. The character didn't actually die, but the "Hero" inside them is no more. Character death usually follows.

Old Age - Lei Shen (Supposedly, but Chronicle told us the real story). The Hero is so tough that only time can bring them down.

I didn't put a vote up simply because there are just way too many other ways for a hero to die.

My personal favourite is Old Age, where a Hero died after surviving impossible amounts of odds and saving the world countless time. Near the end, the hero lies in his/her deathbed, surrounded by loving family and friends/worshipers, knowing that the he can trust the world to them and dies peacefully.

It's just ironic that Blizzard's hero never die from Old Age despite it's my favourite Hero's Death.

What is your favourite "Hero's Death"?

Don't worry, Saurfang will surely die of old age
    They had many occasions to make him die in battle and they've never let him fall so I guess he'll swing his axe until he becomes to senile to do so, just as Drek'Thar

Damn talking about Saurfang made me think of Taran Zhu, another crazy guy always getting crazy injured without ever dying XD

To answer on topic, I guess my favorite death is also the Old Age, because that also gives you the feeling that a character's story never reached its end which is good and realistic.

Varian I guess. He fought with all he could but a man can only do so much alone. Brox's death was just too unbelieveable that I don't even take it seriously. Rhonin's death was cool. Vol'Jin's was knda lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    My favourite hero's death is death of Chisel from wasteland 2 who dies suffering heart attack trying to open jar of pickles. His old enemy was triumphant after all.

So yeah, still waiting for death by pickles in warcraft. Hopefully lord mudmug will deliver.

I think it's important for the story to have a good mixture of all of those and more to keep stuff fresh. With that being said, my personal favourite would be heroe's sacrifice , and I do enjoy Corruption (when it makes sense; Gary's switch was too sudden and out of nowhere imho, when compared to Arthas').

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Rhonin's death because I despised the character.

I guess the best heros death is varians still.

Brox's death was a bad authors attempt at making his cardboard orc seem cool.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-05-22 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Brox is such a garbage character, he reads more like teenage fanfiction than anything. Varian easily tops this list, Tirion seemed like a waste, but the followup quest when you get the Ashbringer is a nice touch.

Doratan brother who fought the iron to death

10+ Year Old Account
    the bruce willis armageddon death, aka varian wrynn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    There are many ways for a hero to die...

Heroic Sacrifice - Varian Wrynn, Broxigar etc. They give their life protecting their companion, buying time for them to escape/delay the Legion.

Treachery - Highlord Morgraine, Saurfang Jr etc. Backstabbing family/allies are the only way to bring these tough guys down.

In Vain - Vol'jin. watched brave heroes die in vain. Vol'jin's death pissed a lot of people off because it feels a character's potential wasted, but sadly, that's the truth for a lot of heroes, be it history or fantasy.

Corrupted - Arthas, Garrosh etc. The character didn't actually die, but the "Hero" inside them is no more. Character death usually follows.

Old Age - Lei Shen (Supposedly, but Chronicle told us the real story). The Hero is so tough that only time can bring them down.

I didn't put a vote up simply because there are just way too many other ways for a hero to die.

My personal favourite is Old Age, where a Hero died after surviving impossible amounts of odds and saving the world countless time. Near the end, the hero lies in his/her deathbed, surrounded by loving family and friends/worshipers, knowing that the he can trust the world to them and dies peacefully.

It's just ironic that Blizzard's hero never die from Old Age despite it's my favourite Hero's Death.

What is your favourite "Hero's Death"?
    My favorite is the heroic sacrifice..... or rather more specificly, Ganaars death in WoD. It is the only death, where i really wished for the character to have survived. With most other deaths, i really could not give about if the character dies or not.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Heroic Sacrifice is pretty good as long as it's credible. I have seen some shit where it was so pointless it hurts.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You forgot the joke death, like wilfred fizzlebang, multiple pandaren, vol'jin and many, many more.

Deleted
    Iskar had the best heroe's death

Deleted
    Malfurion when he died in Darkhearth Thicket. Might be just my hallucination that it happened but dammit it makes the game better.

Seriously tho Uther

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure... Varian's death is high on my list now...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Garrosh Hellscream, the best Warchief. His death ultimately freed me for reimains of hope that Blizzard can write a good story. At least they have punished that green scum for cheating.

When it comes to heroic sacrifices, Ga'Nar's death is quite high on my list. Simple and sweet, an orc who has struggled to accept his brother as his leader and find his position in the clan sacrifices himself for his family. The cutscene was really epic tho, trumps an already pretty good Varians death anytime.

Guys forgot about Grom Hellscream MU who one shotted mannoroth and freed himself and others who followed him from the blood curse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom. It was powerful, emotional, an act of self sacrifice, and liberating.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Nazgrim.

Now he is not a "hero" and not even an upper-card lore figure -- mid-card for life -- but the sole fact that you followed him (or rather, he followed you) as you quested through Pandaria with the lead up to you actually having to kill him off... was tough.

From an immersive stand point.

His duty and honor prevented him from turning against his warchief and he defended Garrosh to the end. As a Horde player it was a big "Daaaaaamn..." moment for me.