Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, Legion is the most alt UNfriendly expansion in the game's history.

Deleted
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hell ******* NO

Latest proof to that is the stupid Legendary Crafts, you have to repeat the same damn quests for 2xMythics, 1xRaid and 100 items that takes about half an hour to grind on broken shore all within 3 days, if you fail you start over.

If you dont have much time its a hassle to do one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords let you level picking up treasure and knock out 3 crafted items no effort.

For me it sure has been. NEVER had better geared characters, NEVER had more relevant stuff to do with them all than during Legion so far.

I get the feeling that when people say "alt-friendly", they mean "I can get characters to the best possible state of progression with the least amount of gameplay"... Which to me, isn't alt-friendly at all. I consider it a major bummer to reach max level with alts, gear them in the content they can access, and then being done with them.

They've struck gold with catch-up AND keeping world content relevant beyond reaching max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Exactly... not to mention most of the Order Hall campaign is gated behind long follower quests and dungeon runs.
    Technically, you can do the entire class campaign in an evening since 7.2. All the follower quests were reduced to an hour or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    knew it was a jaytroll thread before I clicked, sad
    You know the sad part is? It's that he truelly enjoys your reaction.

In a sense of gearing... it is 'now'(7.2) a alt friendly expansion. But... when you think about how you rushed to 110, you might notice skipping content (al a legion invasion leveling), you would have missed out on unlocking a lot of the world quests kinda bottlenecking your variety of already boring world quests.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

artifact power/knowledge and legendaries make this the most alt unfriendly expac ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Isn't the point of the beginning of an expansion to gear up and get a main character or maybe two leveled up and geared?
    I don't know, is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly Jaylock, you've got a point.
    I was one of the many, at the beginning of Legion, who complained how alt unfriendly it was (being an altoholic myself)
    But now the catch up is almost too good, after I unlocked flying I started to level more alts to 110 and some of them are already 880ish.

So, I don't know if it's the MOST alt friendly but gear-wise is definitely one of the most indeed. I'm definitely more happy now than I was at the start, 7.2 really made me appreciate Legion a ton more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    artifact power/knowledge and legendaries make this the most alt unfriendly expac ever.
    Maybe if you raid mythic, but after you hit 110 you can unlock third relic and purchase all traits in a day, hell after two days I was able to raid normal with my guild.. Two days! I admit I bought a legendary from a guildie but in which one other expansion you can do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Honestly Jaylock, you've got a point.
    I was one of the many, at the beginning of Legion, who complained how alt unfriendly it was (being an altoholic myself)
    But now the catch up is almost too good, after I unlocked flying I started to level more alts to 110 and some of them are already 880ish.

So, I don't know if it's the MOST alt friendly but gear-wise is definitely one of the most indeed. I'm definitely more happy now than I was at the start, 7.2 really made me appreciate Legion a ton more.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if you raid mythic, but after you hit 110 you can unlock third relic and purchase all traits in a day, hell after two days I was able to raid normal with my guild.. Two days! I admit I bought a legendary from a guildie but in which one other expansion you can do that?
    Well thats what my point is. Expansions aren't supposed to have everything be account wide. If that was the case, there would be nothing to do on other characters. Characters are their own entity, you progress on them separately and individually. Just because they happen to be on the same account, doesn't mean that they should have every benefit the other character has. There is some fantasy to it i guess. Also, at the beginning of the expansion, focus on 1-2 characters, because we know that as the expansion progresses the developers will make the expansion more alt-friendly over time.

There are possible in-game economic reasons as well to limit "alt-friendliness" at the beginning of an expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Do your alts need to be as geared and as powerful as your mythic raid geared main? (you probably dont have any mythic geared characters, but the point is still relevant to any amount of power your main has)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh please it didn't get alt friendly till the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Is 7.2 the end of Legion? Didn't think so. Accept the fact Legion got alt friendlier far quicker than MoP did and move on.
    Legion still has way more mandatory "setup" quests once you reach max level than any other expansion. Class campaign, artifact unlock+empowerment and Broken Shore intro are all mandatory, and let me tell you, they do not get more interesting the 2nd, 3rd, 10th or 22nd time. That is then followed by repeating the same AP/WF/TF/legendary grind as on your main, which also does not get any more interesting.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well thats what my point is. Expansions aren't supposed to have everything be account wide. If that was the case, there would be nothing to do on other characters. Characters are their own entity, you progress on them separately and individually. Just because they happen to be on the same account, doesn't mean that they should have every benefit the other character has. There is some fantasy to it i guess. Also, at the beginning of the expansion, focus on 1-2 characters, because we know that as the expansion progresses the developers will make the expansion more alt-friendly over time.

There are possible in-game economic reasons as well to limit "alt-friendliness" at the beginning of an expansion.
    Totally agree with you.
    I was a little bit mad at the beginning but that's just me, I'm ocd about my alts lol. But you're right expansion must be judged after a while, no rush because probably things will become easier and more friendly as the time goes by.
    Oh, and don't forget that heriloom upgrades are planned for 7.2.5 so that's when Legion will definitely be the most alt friendly because even the levelling will be damn fast.
    Last edited by Metallourlante; 2017-04-28 at 12:13 AM.

Legion is the most alt unfriendly because progressing your main never ends

in every other expansion you got to a point where you just can't progress any longer until next raid so you could spend time on alt, now any moment you spend on alt is a moment you can progress your main

also dailies take much longer to do compared to previous expansions, takes me around an hour to complete emissary + AP quests around the world and that's with a flying mount, without it was even longer, i just cant imagine doing it on more than 1 char ATM

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Absolutely not.

I'd say Cataclysm was more alt friendly honestly.

You still have to
    1) Finish your class hall campaign
    2) Grind out Nethershards if you want 880 gear from invasions that happen once a day
    3) Get 2 additional pieces of gear extra now (Since Relics, although that would be 1 compared to Cataclysm)
    4) Complete reps if you want profession rewards
    5) Farm Class Hall Resources for the Class hall perks.

That's just off the top of my head.
    this is exactly right, plus the whole super annoying profession grind in general and the order resources being a huge time sink that just cannot be solved through 200 for one blood of sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Legion is the most alt unfriendly because progressing your main never ends

in every other expansion you got to a point where you just can't progress any longer until next raid so you could spend time on alt, now any moment you spend on alt is a moment you can progress your main

also dailies take much longer to do compared to previous expansions, takes me around an hour to complete emissary + AP quests around the world and that's with a flying mount, without it was even longer, i just cant imagine doing it on more than 1 char ATM
    To counter your argument, there is a point where farming AP is no longer the "right" thing to do because it takes so much to advance to the next level without the AK increase. So there is a theoretical point where you could max out. Also if you are a mythic raider, why does it matter where your Weapon is in AP levels when its already likely godly high compared to the rest of the WoW population?

Also, an hour to clear the map of what, 15-20 world quests (assuming there are that many AP and emissary quests you need to do) isn't that bad. 4-5 minutes per quest? Other expansions it was about the same time investment to clear out all the daily quests.

The real question is WHY would you want to do an AP grind on more than 1 or 2 characters? Do you feel like you need to have 5-6 equally geared and powerful characters to swap out in a raiding situation? If you do, you are one of the very few in the world who feel that way.

In MoP you could have a heroic/mythic ready alt as good as your main in 2 weeks. So no, not even close. Legendary system keeps alts from ever being as good as my main barring insane luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    In MoP you could have a heroic/mythic ready alt as good as your main in 2 weeks. So no, not even close. Legendary system keeps alts from ever being as good as my main barring insane luck.
    You really, REALLY, need all the best in slot legendary and every trait unlocked to raid heroic in Legion? You can have an alt ready to raid heroic in a week, let's be honest.
    Different thing is mythic of course, but the catch up with world quest/crafted legendary is definitely big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Absolutely not.

I'd say Cataclysm was more alt friendly honestly.

You still have to
    1) Finish your class hall campaign
    Takes about a week after hitting 110 and often less time than that if you are doing your mission quests one right after another. And all it is, is a time wait mechanic. Its not hard to do at all.

2) Grind out Nethershards if you want 880 gear from invasions that happen once a day
    You can grind for a few hours and have full 850+ gear from farming sentinax and doing invasions and broken shore daily quests, and a few more hours for full 880+ gear. Also, gear was never supposed to be instantly given to you once you hit 110. Should take some time to gear up a new alt, but now its easier than ever. Still a 1 day timesink.

3) Get 2 additional pieces of gear extra now (Since Relics, although that would be 1 compared to Cataclysm)
    Irrelevant. You can farm nethershards to get relics too. Plus relics give you additional traits for your weapon, so its a double + being that it improves the raw power of your weapon through ilvl, and gives you more power with additional traits.

4) Complete reps if you want profession rewards
    Do you even use the profession recipes from the ones that are gated behind reps? The only one I can think of is the Nightfallen rep has a few recipes, but everything else can be done through your leveling of your profession and the quests that go along with it. Every expansion has had recipes gated behind reps as well. Also, professions are MUCH more interesting this expansion than any other expansion. They actually gave us quest lines to unlock the power of the profession fully. Way better than, "herpa derp oh i just click a button on a trainer and learn everything." Thats just fucking boring.

5) Farm Class Hall Resources for the Class hall perks.
    Oh you mean the order hall resources that you get from naturally playing your character? Okay.

That's just off the top of my head.
    All irrelevant. You must be one of those guys who thinks you have to have everything on every character all at the same time without putting any effort into it. Get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    You really, REALLY, need all the best in slot legendary and every trait unlocked to raid heroic in Legion? You can have an alt ready to raid heroic in a week, let's be honest.
    Different thing is mythic of course, but the catch up with world quest/crafted legendary is definitely big.
    He didn't say heroic in Legion. I'm pretty sure he's referring to the highest raid difficulty in MoP, which was heroic(now renamed mythic)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU