Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas, Si'vash, Nether Disruptor

Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas
    Ion Hazzikostas will be answering questions today about Patch 7.2.

US Realms - World Boss - Si'vash
    Si'vash is up now, so you can head to the Broken Shore for a chance at item level 900 loot, a Frost Relic, or Storm Relic.

US Realms - Nether Disruptor
    The Nether Disruptor is active on US realms!

Nether Disruptor
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-04-27 at 05:53 PM.

• The team learned from this and will improve in the future.
    I'm honest to god so sick of seeing that line in virtually every developer update or interview they give us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time Gating

"Part of the reason is storytelling. The team is trying to create a global narrative, the forces of the Alliance, Horde, Legionfall, all building towards an event."

Might be me, but from my point of view it's more like "It's to keep you subbed so we give you little things every week to keep you going".
    Not saying I'd like everything at once or none at all, but they didn't get the middle ground and frustrated quite some people (not using numbers since I know people with throw their pitchforks at me for doing so).

And what @Touch of Anarchy said, the line he quoted became their standard "to answer" line to shut down any feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch of Anarchy View Post
    I'm honest to god so sick of seeing that line in virtually every developer update or interview they give us.
    Oh so its not okay for developers to make mistakes in their job now? Do you NEVER make mistakes in your job.

Get off your high horse.

Are they dodging the mobs scaling with ilvl questions?

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Class Mounts
    Originally the requirement to unlock your class mount was Exalted with Armies of Legionfall, but that requirement has been removed.
    As soon as you complete the Legionfall campaign, you can unlock your class mount!
    /happy dance

I've been trying to grind with 12. This thrills me.

My Concern with updating legendaries. When NH came out I believe I had 5. Now I have 11, and by the time the patch comes out I will probably have at least 13 or 14. It is a bit lame that people getting new legendary drops won't have to perform a task, but I may have to perform one up to 14 times. I am not asking for a free upgrade to all my legendaries, but I hope it isn't gated basically a week at a time like it was with this first round up legendary upgrades. It'd be a bit ridiculous if i had to wait 14 weeks to get all my legendaries to a maxed level where it would feel more rewarding to swap them around for different game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Oh so its not okay for developers to make mistakes in their job now? Do you NEVER make mistakes in your job.

Get off your high horse.
    Everyone makes some mistakes but eventually when the mistakes keep piling up you get fired. At this point that line has been in every communication from the dev team for years and people are wondering when they will actually learn.

Deleted
    Tomb of Sargeras
    Tomb will release sometime in mid to late June.
    What a wonderful time to release new content.... NOT!!1
    It's gonna be almost impossible to gather 20 people in the summer months.

"The team didn't have the capacity to make 36 challenges, so they are happy with the ones they created."

If that is the case I would rather they just didn't make the challenges we got then. The whole reason everyone loved green fire was that it made you use all your abilities, including ones that most people forgot they had, to solve different mechanics and you couldn't just dps race down the boss. Instead we got generic and poorly balanced universal challenges that clearly took development time away from the rest of the Broken Isle. The end result being that Blizz spread themselves too thin, making both the challenges and the Broken Isle lacking in content and not living up to what they were marketed as.

Deleted
    Horde Story
    Vol'jin is dead, what update do you want?
    Stories are told in a way that makes sense for the narrative.
    This felt like the right time to finish the Alliance story arc.
    The team doesn't want to force symmetry and tell a story where it doesn't feel right.
    Going back to the initial Broken Shore experience, the Horde did have an extra cinematic.
    Sylvanas x Halya story? Totally forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Tomb will release sometime in mid to late June.
    Quote Originally Posted by N0xos View Post
    What a wonderful time to release new content.... NOT!!1
    It's gonna be almost impossible to gather 20 people in the summer months.
    June 20th = release of the Final Fantasy-XIV Stormblood Expansion. Naturally, Blizzard want to have a response ready.

The correct date for the release of the ToS is either June 19 or 20, source? http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormblood/

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    The correct date for the release of the ToS is either June 19 or 20, source? http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormblood/
    i hope nobody expected anything different - it was painfully obvious the moment they gated broken shore in such retarded fashion

Deleted
    I dont know if its the writing of MMO-Champion, but Ion Hazzikostas answers seem very aggressive this time around. Probably this job is too hard for him.

The fact that they are happy with the Pathfinder system they used in this expansion in which you only get flight after you've done everything that you'd want flight for and then they intend to take it away again in a few short months when they take us to Argus says everything I need to know about their ability to keep me playing. They gated out this patch so long that it's clearly only to keep subs paying forever with little to no actual "new" stuff to do. I'm done. I've kept coming back, hoping it would get better, but it doesn't. They keep saying they've learned, but they haven't. Please don't give me the standard line about them being in business to make money. Because that's wrong. They are in the business to make games that their customers enjoy. And THAT will lead to them making money. The current WoW devs just don't get that anymore. Now it's all about the bottom line and not about letting people have fun anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakirokor View Post
    Everyone makes some mistakes but eventually when the mistakes keep piling up you get fired. At this point that line has been in every communication from the dev team for years and people are wondering when they will actually learn.
    You speak as if all they are making is mistakes. Far too much goes into a patch to point at one portion and saying that it spoiled the whole thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    The fact that they are happy with the Pathfinder system they used in this expansion in which you only get flight after you've done everything that you'd want flight for and then they intend to take it away again in a few short months when they take us to Argus says everything I need to know about their ability to keep me playing.
    You mean the concept of it they had since the beginning and that they stated in clear terms several times over the years? Yeah, if this is only news to you now, you probably shouldn't be playing video games. They said that was their intent the first time they implemented achievement based flying, they said they were happy with it, they said they were going to continue with it, and in Legion they said again that they wanted it to be available only after you've done the content that would be trivialized by it. You can only be so mad at Blizzard for your own stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

What raid would you like to see for each expansion's timewalking event.
    Would love to see Ulduar for the WotLK timewalking, Firelands for Cata (cause first tier was bad and DS was poorly executed), and none of the MoP raids because they were all boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    I dont know if its the writing of MMO-Champion, but Ion Hazzikostas answers seem very aggressive this time around. Probably this job is too hard for him.
    Maybe dealing with angry virgin fucktard all day makes people angry

If you don't enjoy them, don't do them.
    Best Answer Ever.

Don't like it? don't do it.

If only mmo cancerlord and GD tardlord could understand this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Get off your high horse.
    When I keep making mistakes or things the customers dislike I get fired/called for by my boss.
    Good to know you've never worked or know how companies work.
    Keep baiting, it'll only get you more love on the forums.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".