Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    But people don't want extra cinematic, they want story .Because Horde as a faction is nonexistant in this expansion. We only had Sylvanas doing her stuff in Stormheim.
    So then...not nonexistent?

What did the Alliance have, again? Oh right. Genn's role in Stormheim.

Don't sit there and say Tyrande and Malfurion were Alliance story. They weren't. They were Druid stories. The Alliance wasn't there, I don't think Tyrande even references the Alliance or Horde by name (Especially after her dialogue was changed when Horde fans whined about her not being super nice to them).

Tyrande in 7.1 is an Alliance story, whose counterpart is Lady Liadrin. Who is acting as a Blood Elf/Horde leader and not a Paladin.

And then 7.2 we get the "our new leader becomes the leader" cinematic that we didn't get in 7.0.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-04-27 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So then...not nonexistent?

What did the Alliance have, again? Oh right. Genn's role in Stormheim.

Don't sit there and say Tyrande and Malfurion were Alliance story. They weren't. They were Druid stories. The Alliance wasn't there, I don't think Tyrande even references the Alliance or Horde by name (Especially after her dialogue was changed when Horde fans whined about her not being super nice to them).

And then 7.2 we get the "our new leader becomes the leader" cinematic that we didn't get in 7.0.
    Genn had development, Anduin, Velen, Tyrande and Malfurion (who are still racial leaders and representatives of Alliance), the only leaders left are dwarves and gnomes.

The Horde though...
    Vol'Jin got killed for no reason
    Baine was cut off from Highmountain experience
    Orcs... emm.. Thrall went full depression mode is sulking in Maelstorm and is completely useless.
    Gallywix... well we know he has new model which we haven't seen in game.
    Belves had small cameo in Nighthold
    and so it was just about Frosaken fighting worgen, and Sylvie loosing lantern and her fleet.

That's all. Horde was never in more pitiful state. Years and a half trolls and orcs were not shown to have their representative. With Saurfang you have to figure it out by him standing in Grommash hold and that's it. No story about him, zero.
    With Darkspears you had to assume that Rokhan is in charge, and you only know it by doing pvp perks with your artifact. Yes that Rokhan that had 1 quest in Dragonblight in WotLK, and in WoD was your scretery who couldn't even decide what accent he wants to use.

There is so little thought put to it it's disturbing.

Or you really think Horde is meant to not do a damn thing, and run like headless chickens with no contribution to story?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Sorry, Tyrande and Malfurion just showing up doesn't mean its Alliance content. That's a joke. Especially Malfurion, who hasn't done a single Alliance thing his entirety in WoW outside of standing in the Throne Room during Varian's funeral. Nothing in all of Val'sharah has to do with the Alliance. Nothing. It's like pretending Val'sharah is Alliance related because there are former Gilneans there.

Genn is offset by Sylvanas, so that's out.

Anduin's cinematic is offset by Sylvanas', so that's out.

Tyrande is offset by Liadrin in 7.1.

Literally all you have is the single quest chain to go to the Exodar and save Velen. Even then, that's not an Alliance event. Its for both factions, which isn't different regardless of which faction you show up as. And if you're really going to whine about Velen and the Draenei showing up after them having virtually nothing since they showed up, excluding WoD (Which isn't even our Velen/Draenei and aren't in Legion), then that's hilarious.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-04-27 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Ion is so full of hot air i'm surprised he can speak sometimes. Yes Ion, we know he is dead. Blizzard earlier said that his story isn't over. What I want to see is how it ends. Is he coming back as a spirit? etc.
    So you want Blizzard to spoil the story they have planned because??

Here is a shocking suggestion,

Wait.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Sorry, Tyrande and Malfurion just showing up doesn't mean its Alliance content.
    It was development for their character. Just like Thrall having his quests in Hyjal, and mind you he was actually neutral there. But it was a development still. Tyrande and Malfurion are night elf leaders, and so as representatives of night elves they had a story involving them. How can you deny this? What is your reasoning that it's not?

Anyway it doesn't change the fact that in 7.2. Horde has zero story content. Not even robo cat style of story.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    It was development for their character. Just like Thrall having his quests in Hyjal, and mind you he was actually neutral there. But it was a development still. Tyrande and Malfurion are night elf leaders, and so as representatives of night elves they had a story involving them. How can you deny this? What is your reasoning that it's not?
    And Thrall in Hyjal wasn't Horde story. You sitting there and pretending the character showing up is that faction's story is just false on its face.

They were not there as Night Elf representatives. Malfurion was there as his role as a Druid and Tyrande did nothing to the Night Elves at all and was only there to find her husband.

Thrall wasn't representing the Horde.
    Hamuul Runetotem in Hyjal wasn't either.
    Malfurion wasn't in Val'sharah representing the Alliance
    Tyrande wasn't either.

It's hilarious. The Alliance got shit on for all of Cataclysm and got a shit ending in MoP and then in 7.2 there's a single Anduin cinematic and you all throw a fit. Goddamn hilarious.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-04-27 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They've said that his story is not over yet, so we're likely going to see him return as a loa spirit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Where the fuck are they then??
    probably somewhere where their retreat wont' cost Legionfall the battle.

And Thrall in Hyjal wasn't Horde story. You sitting there and pretending the character showing up is that faction's story is just false on its face.

They were not there as Night Elf representatives. Malfurion was there as his role as a Druid and Tyrande did nothing to the Night Elves at all and was only there to find her husband.

Thrall wasn't representing the Horde.
    Hamuul Runetotem in Hyjal wasn't either.
    Malfurion wasn't in Val'sharah representing the Alliance
    Tyrande wasn't either.

It's hilarious. The Alliance got shit on for all of Cataclysm and got a shit ending in MoP and then in 7.2 there's a single Anduin cinematic and you all throw a fit. Goddamn hilarious.

It was still a story that made character revelant, is that hard to understand it? The point was that there is NO story, zero. It's as if faction did not exist at all. Cata and MoP still gave a story to Alliance, it had it's up and downs but it was still there.

And stop looking at things from perspective of "muh faction", because it's not a bloody contest. Each side should have sensible and reasonable story. And it is unreasonable to think that Horde would not have any involvement in those grim times.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

It was still a story that made character revelant, is that hard to understand it?
    Where did I say it wasn't? Is it hard to understand that a CHARACTER getting developed is not development or story for the faction they belong to? Because you just immediately made that jump despite the hilarious fallacy it is.

The point was that there is NO story, zero.
    No. The point is that there was no story FOR THE FACTION THEY BELONG TO.

Tyrande development is not default Alliance development.
    Thrall development is not default Horde development.
    Sylvanas development is not default Horde development.
    Velen development is not default Alliance development.

Stop looking at things from "muh faction?" Really because you're exactly doing that. Whining about a faction story through a character appearing or not appearing. You literally use the Horde in your explanation a sentence before.

Holy shit. I'm done with you. Thanks for reminding me why I normally avoid this subforum like the plague.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-04-27 at 10:55 PM.

Every time Ion speaks I literally want to punch his face in, how the hell is this guy the games director?

Always seemed strange to me that Thrall was never at his funeral. I mean what was so important that he couldnt go? I mean FFS Gallywix and Regeant Lord Belfwhatshisname was there!

I argued that he faked his own death, that we never saw him die or see his body go up in smoke just a pile of troll shaped armour. The fact we know trolls mummify there dead and not burn it Or was this just another plot thread that blizz quietly canned like Kargath Bladefist surviving Highmaul on the PTR?

Anyway i guess that is dead just like old Vol'jin

I think my favorite part was him accurately pointing out that the Horde got an extra cinematic in 7.0 to shut up all the whining fucking babies on the forums that there was only an Alliance cinematic in 7.2.
    Nevermind the fact that over half of their Broken Shore cinematic was a copy paste of the Alliance one, not about the Horde in the slightest. With combined length of the unique Horde part of the Broken Shore cinematic and the Warchief succession cinematic still being shorter than the Alliance content. But who'd pay attention to things like details when one can spend time much better by abandoning any shred of self-awareness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Nevermind the fact that over half of their Broken Shore cinematic was a copy paste of the Alliance one, not about the Horde in the slightest. With combined length of the unique Horde part of the Broken Shore cinematic and the Warchief succession cinematic still being shorter than the Alliance content. But who'd pay attention to things like details when one can spend time much better by abandoning any shred of self-awareness.
    I dunno, perhaps varian getting dusted was horde fisting moment like alliance had in SoO ?

To me it seems Vol'jins death has made no real difference to the storyline what so ever infact blizz couldve kept him alive and Legion wouldve followed the way it has.

Sylvanas and Greymane would still have been at each others throats no matter WHAT happened at the Broken shore. She still wouldve gone for the lantern not giving a fuck if Vol'jin gave the OK or not and Greymane would still try to have his vengeance even if it was VARIAN who said NO let alone Anduin.

Varian was killed to advance the story and develop Anduin who will eventually become the face of the franchise now that Thrall/Metzen retired. Vol'jin was killed for the sake of it, felt very unnecessary and it served no purpose other than "kill the horde's warchief because we had to kill the king of the alliance".

"We don't write story for symmetry between factions."

*murders Vol'jin purely because Varian was dying*

Scumbag Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Where the fuck are they then??

The Horde is not present on the Broken Shore.
    Probably because Sylvanas is too busy being a self serving twat. She only cares about herself. There has been talk about her experience with the void in one of her many "almost" deaths. The void has only been slightly explored, and we get hints from shadowpriests where they share with us. What IF the horde didn't have much presence here on out? What IF we get more in the next pack?

Pack your shit... Legion sucks. Game over!
    /s

I don't see an over abundance of horde. I see Warlocks, I see the Earthen Circle, I see Cenarion Circle, I see Illidari. Which was the point of this xpac... more class identity, vs faction identity.

One line of dialogue split the world of Azeroth in 2:
    "The tenuous pact between the Alliance and the Horde has all but evaporated"
    With the exception of MoP I have never really felt there be a need for any of that tension or conflict. The alliance is a pretty strong "alliance" but the horde was always just a mix of races no one else wanted, who knew it was better to be part of something bigger and have allies, than it was to go it alone. They are really stretching to keep this conflict going. Especially when you consider that we always have common interests... like defeating big bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Please don't make that cunt come back.

He was the most incompetent warchief ever.

As for all this faction chest beating nonsense I wish they'd just merge the factions now. The horde has been dead since Garry and the Alliance got boring after Wrath. They had a chance to spark it up again with the Dalaran incident which divided the playerbase but they just swept it aside, blamed the horde for everything and went back to status quo.
    The Sylvanas/Genn thing should have been resolved three expansions ago, currently it's patheticly presented as the memories of why they're fighting are over seven-ish years old now.

There's just no point anymore. Which is a shame because I found it more interesting than "Super Evil Demon/Old God/Derpdragon".

Alliance character development (perhaps excluding Jaina and Greymane) has been pretty great for the entirety of Legion. Varian sacrificing himself, Anduin growing into his role as the new King, etc.

Horde... Has been disappointing. It's like the watching the world's slowest train wreck, starting around the time of Cataclysm. When I watched the Legion trailer, I gained a bit of tentative hope, thinking maybe that Sylvanas, after all the shit she's previously pulled, decides to redeem herself and actually do something good. I think it would've been much better for Vol'jin to merely have been seriously wounded, with Sylvanas, instead, being killed in the initial assault on the Broken Shore, while sacrificing herself to help cover the retreat of both the Alliance and the Horde.

What we get instead is a needless misunderstanding followed by a petty feud. Greymane, not having a clue what Sylvanas is trying to do until he faces her at the very end of Stormheim, diverts much needed Alliance resources to get personal revenge on the new Warchief, who is using her power in the most selfish way imaginable, completely voiding any possibility for character development.

That is what upsets me, not that Alliance got a new cinematic. Hell, I've come to main Alliance myself, though I started as Horde. It just feels like everything that "happens" among the Horde was just to say, "Well we need to put in something," without giving it any real thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17