Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    its okay people who play Horde, don't cry, now you know how us alliance players have felt since Wrath of the Lich King.
    It sucks when your side isn't in the spotlight. Since Dragon Soul, it's been horde centric. If there is an npc talking to me, it's either neutral or horde, it's nice to see someone aligned with the alliance talking to me for once. Khadgar is Dadgar, he fights for all of his children, horde stepchildren included.
    "Well you got stuff before" isnt really an excuse. It shouldn't be a dice roll on which faction gets lore this expansion. Blizz should at least make some attempt to keep one faction from getting flat out ignored.

Hell the cinematic is pathetic. Yes Horde got one in 7.0, but it was also pointless: It was hinting at Sylvaanas shouldering her duties as Warchief. And then 5 quests later you're watching her cackle like a saturday morning cartoon villain again.

Not to mention while Horde did get a cinematic, they didnt get an entire questline. Which Alliance currently has two on Horde (Velen and Anduin)
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-05-09 at 01:14 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    So they kinda updated what is going on and that Yes Vol'jin IS truly dead but his legacy will continue what ever that means!
    Not sure what's unclear about it tbh. Anytime the Horde fails at something post Vol'jin's death, it's Vol'jin's legacy in action. The embodiment of failure that was Fail'jin shall be forever celebrated by failing some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    This picture has lower quality than vol'jins writing.

good F$%^ that troll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This picture has lower quality than vol'jins writing.
    Better quality then your posting.

Yeah I said it.

OT: Vol'jin deserved better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Better quality then your posting.

Yeah I said it.

OT: Vol'jin deserved better.
    Sick burn. And no, he got just what he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Huh, never knew, although he appears to be dead.
    Because the quest is confusing as fuck.

The quest seems to be about saving him but in the end you just transfer his soul inside a gem, yeah his soul is free but his body is lost, which is not stated outright.

They didn't earn Vol'jin's death.

Speaking as an Alliance player, I'm okay with Varian being killed off. He had a good run, being a major player in alliance storylines for four expansions and change. In the meanwhile Anduin was also gradually developing a character, and killing Varian seemed like a logical move in order to have Anduin step up and truly become King of Stormwind. It felt satisfying.

When Vol'jin became Warchief, it really felt like things were going in a bold new direction, but they killed him off way too soon. He only got to be Warchief for one expansion (not helped by me preferring to consider WoD's events to be a fever dream), and then all of a sudden they kill him off in the very next one. It felt unsatisfying, as he never got a chance to actually do anything as Warchief. It's quite disappointing.

I see that some people are happy about it, but it's more becuase of their spite against the character rather than honest concern over the story quality.

If those people would be by tiny bit objective they'd have issues that his entire build up was completely pointless and therefore those were wasted resources, and on what exactly? There was no point in his death, he had to be written against his character to be offed like that. Not to mention we had quite a lot of lore fails regarding Broken Shore itself and afterwards(which plenty of people pointed out throrough the months of feedback, me included).

Not only that, a playable faction is left without prominent leader, anyone that could possibly take over the tribe.

I was witness of destruction of many franchises, And I saw a lot of awful writing, but this one is the most insulting, even more when you see that A-grade game company has storywriting on the level of teenage fanfiction writer.

Storywriting has it's own rules, and if you Say that X character has Y trait, and then you forget about it, even after going through all the effort to show how said character got that and get there is epitome of badwriting.

Now Horde is completely broken and has no revelence in entire expansion. But you're happy because character you hated is dead, even if his only fault was that he didn't had enough development/ screentime to show what he is capable of. (And all he had to do was to appear couple of times and do something that had good effect.)

You're more happy about it than proper story delivery, lore consistency and writing that makes sense.

That's sad really.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-05-10 at 10:06 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

To be brutally fair and what i already said in this thread this whole thing stinks of something that the devs was planning to do but was quietly canned so they just shrug there shoulders and say yeah hes dead oh and expect to see his ghost 'Maybe in the future' to give us some words of advice or some shit that is meaningless now.

Deleted
    Vol'jin is dead , however the Loa that guided him into picking Sylvanas for warchief were corrupted by the old gods.
    He will find a way to warn us about it although their plans are already on the move and we will not be able to do much to prevent the black army from striking back.

GHOST VOL'JIN will be super OP. AND he'll be an alliance character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasyworld View Post
    GHOST VOL'JIN will be super OP. AND he'll be an alliance character
    Horde gets Garrosh spirit and become a great faction again instead of boring nothing to do faction without any motivation or feeling.

I'm enjoying it a lot. All those that hated Voljin and complained that he did nothing and is useless are left with the worst and most useless Warchief in history that literally does nothing and her whole faction is absent. Not even Voljin was that useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I'm enjoying it a lot. All those that hated Voljin and complained that he did nothing and is useless are left with the worst and most useless Warchief in history that literally does nothing and her whole faction is absent. Not even Voljin was that useless.
    She is pretty succesful in making people froth from their mouths in anger.

She is indeed good in that and she isn't even a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    lol. They sure are. NPC wise.
    No they are not. Where are they? Go ahead and link me one.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    Vol'jin IS Dead!

With Ion saying 'Vol'jin is dead, what update do you want?' I guess that truly is the end of Vol'jins story.

I still thought there was more to it i mean didnt blizz say back a few months ago that there was more to his story? Or Is this just a massive red herring?

What are your thoughts?
    We already knew he's dead. We saw him die in front of our eyes and his body getting burned.

But dead people in WoW have a tendency of coming back, and trolls have a special history of that.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=40958/tony-two-tusk

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Except for the part where the Forsaken are one of the two Horde races that did something this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.