Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For that, everybody in the raid would have to have 20 stacks of the augment buff. It's 0.8% for one character out of 20, times 20, or 0.8%/20*20 = 0.8%*20/20 = 0.8% total.
    Unless you're wiping due to barely missing timers, taking them won't affect your success.

- - - Updated - - -

We're constantly finding BoEs. Mythic drops plenty of 900+ cloaks and belts.
    Been out of raiding for most of Legion due to work interfering and the amount of time ap takes.

You are likely right I am comparing it to WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should make inscription craft them, problem solved
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    I agree it should be possible to craft them. I don't do LFR so my supply is a bit low now, haha... I only use them sparingly, like when I know we're close to a new kill.

Stop using em during progression and start using them when you're close to killing the boss. Or just put some effort into farming em.

700g+ on my server , well time to do more lfr with my alts

So easy to tank / heal heroics or LFRs... These were a great Gold maker for those willing to do just the basic minimum with tanks/heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Every day, there's a new thread with some dork demanding the removal of something.
    You say as if every removal was always bad. Removing some things was actually good, like levelling the weapon skills... ugh... or hunter pet happiness levels and the need to feed them all the time (back in the day there were even suggestions to take pets that can eat mage conjured food, like bears and birds, just because of that, imagine).

Well some ofc will never happen, like the weekly "remove lfr" petition, Blizzard is much interested in keeping it. Augment runes are a carrot to push overgeared people into lfr to boost the semi-afk intended audience.

In WOD augment runes were tons cheaper because everyone was doing lfr on every alt for the legendary questline anyway. Atm you can get legendaries from lfr, but there are better ways to farm for them even on alts, so it seems it affected the availability of the runes. LFR is not fun, I rather pug normal for my BLP than queue for LFR. Heroic dungeons are not fun because you spend more time running between mobs than killing them and I hate this feeling half of the people are forward half of them are behind and generally it's just running simulator with the mobs on your tail.

As I said, can't wait for the broken shore building buff to roll the augment runes from WQ, hope that will temporarily drive the prices to manageable levels so I can stockpile for TOS (because when TOS opens it will take weeks for lfr to open and who's gonna run NH lfr during TOS...)

I do agree that it would have been nice to get a reusable rune like we got in WoD. This is what I was expecting the Repurposed Fel Focuser to do, and I was disappointed to find that its bonus didn't stack with the flask's. I'm still hoping that we have the option to purchase something like it in 7.2.5 or 7.3.

The RFF is nice for dungeons and farm runs, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer8585 View Post
    Runes are most efficiently employed when you need to ensure you hit certain phase transitions in a controlled way but also quickly, or eking out that last 10% before enrage. If your raid leader is demanding everyone use them for learning pulls then he's an idiot.
    ^This.

We never use them until everyone is reasonably comfortable with the fight and we feel that a kill is imminent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Every day, there's a new thread with some dork demanding the removal of something.
    This made me laugh way harder than I should have.

Thank you!

It has been a pretty runeheavy teir tbh.

Mandatory on krosus first week unless you were one of the lucky guilds with several dhs...
    mandatory on augur p4.
    Mandatory for p1 elisande (this one was byfar the most expensive boss to progress on).
    Mandatory for guldan p2.

I like the concept of consumables. I had no problem with the expensive pots and flask at the start of the expansion but a consumable that only drops in lfr?! Why?
    Every time i think about it i cant help but think that some high level employee on blizzard intentionally designed the system to be rigged against me.

Whatever happend to one difficulty for each type of player? This system goes entirely against that by trying to force all players to boost in lfr or be economicly disadvantaged.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE augement runes. The other day rift of alan LFR had the healer cache up for about 1 hour so I got about 15 runes Easy gold making

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Whatever happend to one difficulty for each type of player? This system goes entirely against that by trying to force all players to boost in lfr or be economicly disadvantaged.
    Just as if Blizzard thought the "intended target audience" for LFR won't cope with the content without a helping hand from high geared players...

You don't use them on all pulls, just when a kill is eminent.

Augment runes certainly have a strategic use, but there really needs to be a "gimp" version. Currently they're horribly expensive and time consuming to farm, the "permanant" one from wod was overkill, there just needs to be one that doesn't take nearly the effort but has less of a buff. OR there needs to be better ways to farm them, like WQ rewards.

Deleted
    Stop slacking.

I'm going to be honest, I think people are massively overestimating the value of augment runes here. To give you an idea of exactly how small of an increase they are, I ran a simulation on my rogue (908) with and without the rune on over 100,000 iterations. On a stand-still single target fight (Patchwerk, or something that could be estimated for Krosus for Assassination tunneling on the boss) the difference in DPS was 861434 with the rune and 854248 without the rune. The difference in DPS overall was roughly 0.8% of my overall DPS. The difference between having an Augment Rune on is literally less than a percent of my DPS. While ~7k DPS may sound like a lot overall, even assuming 2 tanks and 3 healers (even though most fights are done with 4 and sometimes 5) you're talking 15 DPS in the raid. With roughly equal value (even though this won't be the case; a lot classes prefer secondaries over primary stats at our current gear level) you're missing roughly 105k DPS. That's basically a third of a tank in actual damage dealt, and that's on a fight where the entire raid literally gets to stand still and ignore any mechanic the boss fight may have. Then you factor in any sort of movement and that value plummets even further.

While runes may be the difference in your literal 0.5-1% wipe, for general progression they're not nearly as important as people seem to think they are.

Deleted

Mandatory on krosus first week unless you were one of the lucky guilds with several dhs...
    mandatory on augur p4.
    Mandatory for p1 elisande (this one was byfar the most expensive boss to progress on).
    Mandatory for guldan p2.

I like the concept of consumables. I had no problem with the expensive pots and flask at the start of the expansion but a consumable that only drops in lfr?! Why?
    Every time i think about it i cant help but think that some high level employee on blizzard intentionally designed the system to be rigged against me.

Only drops in LFR because that's working as intended. It's for you to have a reason to run LFR or to pay people who do.

mandatory on augur p4.
    Mandatory for guldan p2.

They drop from random hc bags aswell, so if you are tank or healer you can get plenty of these without setting your foot in lfr

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Why are you using Augment runes on progression?
    Shouldn't be popping them until your group can hit <10% without them.

(if your RL is having you augment every pull, they're dumb as shit)
    Exactly this, they are little boost extra you need when your close to downing a boss, to be honest, I apply this same logic towards potions, I use prolonged power until we're getting closer to a kill, then start on the good ones.

And even then, if your guild isn't going for servers first they really aren't needed. We literally only used ours on a handful of fights where we've had 0.5% wipes and it's been down to RNG on crits etc

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Exactly this, they are little boost extra you need when your close to downing a boss, to be honest, I apply this same logic towards potions, I use prolonged power until we're getting closer to a kill, then start on the good ones.

And even then, if your guild isn't going for servers first they really aren't needed. We literally only used ours on a handful of fights where we've had 0.5% wipes and it's been down to RNG on crits etc
    Unless the fight looks exactly the same from 100% to 0%, runes help a lot more than just "0.5% wipes". Maybe you'll finish some boss phase couple seconds before some dangerous combo happens. Maybe you'll kill an add before they become a problem. Maybe that tiny 10k overkill wouldn't happen because healers happened to heal slightly more. It all adds up over time. Still too expensive and rare too use every pull, but it matters more than it seems at a first glance.

Which is why not having to worry about it in HFC was great. They'll probably re-introduce permament runes in final tier, but until then, it's just additional thing to grind, on top of everything else. And unlike other things, the supply is highly limited and only comes from a very specific source.